Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-26-2010   #1
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 109604 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected
Default No Pass Rush

I know that Mario was double teamed, but where was the rest of the line? Romo had all day on every snap. We'll end up fulfilling the prediction of Football Outsiders (6-10) if we can't pressure quarterbacks when it matters.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #2
dream_team
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43787 dream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respecteddream_team is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: No Pass Rush

I think the Texans got beat on just about all facets of the game... but if I had to point at one being the biggest, this would be it. Our secondary isn't good enough to lock down a good receiving group like the Cowgirls.

One thing I've never been happy with Bush is he doesn't disguise his blitzes very well. Seems like every time we blitz, the offense picks it up fairly easy. Very rarely have I seen a blitzer come hit the QB untouched.
dream_team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #3
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

I was really hoping Wale Ogunleye was going to be active for this one. Not sure what else to say. Cush will help but yeah, we gotta be better getting after the QB. I haven't noticed too many blitzes with our secondary struggling like they are. We need Antonio and Amobi to find their week 1 groove.
Old 09-26-2010   #4
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 109604 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

It doesn't help that the opponent had pressure on Schaub on every play.

I can't blame Smith's illness either, because there was zero pressure in the middle. We'd might as well replace the DT's with our kickers to free up roster space.
Brisco_County is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read