Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-26-2010   #1
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default This loss is on the... (fans?)

I hate to admit it, but the fans own some of this terrible loss. This game was embarasing. I'm a dislocated Texan living in Georgia. I have to go into a hostile stadium each year to root for my home team. Why the hell would so many Texans season ticket holders sell their tickets to cowgirl fans? I'm disgusted! Every camera angle shows nothing but cowgirl fans throughout the stadium. Looks like we are just the expansion franchise we are made out to be in the media. I'm ashamed! I guess I will just put on my Romo jersey (just lost a bet) and smile as we're are referred to as joke again. The limelight was nice for a week.
Old 09-26-2010   #2
arb729
Veteran

Rep Power: 419 arb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: This loss is on the... (fans?)

I'm also a dislocated Texans fan (from Massachusetts, going to school in Boston) and I absolutely do not think we're a joke. We lost a game that meant a ton more to the other team in terms of their season & their coaches job. This game will probably end up having 0 significance in our season. We're still 1st in the south, we still have a direct game on the Colts, and we can still be 3-1 without one of our defensive anchors. We've been unfortunate enough to have our defense exposed because we're playing three premere offenses to start the season.
arb729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #3
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6021 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by arb729 View Post
I'm also a dislocated Texans fan (from Massachusetts, going to school in Boston) and I absolutely do not think we're a joke. We lost a game that meant a ton more to the other team in terms of their season & their coaches job. This game will probably end up having 0 significance in our season. We're still 1st in the south, we still have a direct game on the Colts, and we can still be 3-1 without one of our defensive anchors. We've been unfortunate enough to have our defense exposed because we're playing three premere offenses to start the season.
If you say it enough, it might come true!
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #4
arb729
Veteran

Rep Power: 419 arb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respected

so the three offenses we've faced so far aren't good? really? so peyton, mcnabb, and romo aren't considered three upper tier quarterbacks? hmm. how could I be sooo stupid.
Old 09-26-2010   #5
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6653 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
so the three offenses we've faced so far aren't good? really? so peyton, mcnabb, and romo aren't considered three upper tier quarterbacks? hmm. how could I be sooo stupid.
Agreed. If this defense gets shredded by Oakland next week, we'll KNOW that they really are pretty bad. Until then, I think the other teams' QBs deserve some credit.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #6
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agreed, we are not a joke, but this one would have been huge and while it might have meant more to them, it doesnt appear that in meant much to our guys as a whole. I will still be wearing my Texans Jersey at whatever the Jags are calling their stadium now, but I really expected more on both sides of the ball. I expected MUCH more from the stands.
Old 09-26-2010   #7
arb729
Veteran

oh no i agree im disapointed in this effort overall. after last week I thought this was a no quit, gritty squad. They still very well might be, but they looked a little shell shocked after the long drive by the cowboys and hung their heads a little .. oh well, move on, win some more games, and throw away this effort.
Sponsored links
Old 09-26-2010   #8
euro-Texan
All Pro

Quote:
That really is expansion talk. I understand your point, but are we still "just trying to hang around." I feel this team is ready to step up and If I were a player looking at the sea of Cowgirl fans in the audiance, I would have been dissappointed.
Old 09-26-2010   #9
THE NFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL

So now the Redskins and Cowboys are top tier elite offenses?

I thought Romo sucked and the Cowboys were overrated?

Guys... stick to an excuse... please.

The Texans defense isnt very good. Its just that simple.

The fans? Please....
THE NFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #10
euro-Texan
All Pro

Quote:
oh no i agree im disapointed in this effort overall. after last week I thought this was a no quit, gritty squad. They still very well might be, but they looked a little shell shocked after the long drive by the cowboys and hung their heads a little .. oh well, move on, win some more games, and throw away this effort.
Couldn't have said it better.
Old 09-26-2010   #11
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6653 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro-Texan View Post
That really is expansion talk. I understand your point, but are we still "just trying to hang around." I feel this team is ready to step up and If I were a player looking at the sea of Cowgirl fans in the audiance, I would have been dissappointed.
These are two completely separate issues.
Old 09-26-2010   #12
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I really don't think that is has been the QB play that has beat us. Those 3 are great QBs but our sub-standard coverage was the main reason we got lit up.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #13
arb729
Veteran

heres the thing about the fans .. there were WAY too many 'girls fans there. absolutely. and i know the south (especially texas) is much different than up here in boston. but the only anology i can say is that my father and i have celtics tickets, and when the celtics play the lakers especially, we sell those because people will pay a BOATLOAD to go to that game. the profit from that game alone can often pay for three or four other games from the season. we have no control who buys them after we post them. it sucks because laker and cowgirls fans are so numerous everywhere and so willing to pay their month's salary to go see them play those are often the market for such tickets. agree on your point overall, i just think people are overreacting right now.
Old 09-26-2010   #14
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE NFL View Post
So now the Redskins and Cowboys are top tier elite offenses?

I thought Romo sucked and the Cowboys were overrated?

Guys... stick to an excuse... please.

The Texans defense isnt very good. Its just that simple.
I think more to the point, the Texans are a team that the best QBs in the league can torch, and the Texans have indeed seen three of the top-tier QBs in the NFL in their first three weeks.

Again, if they get shredded by Oakland next week, than they ARE that bad.
Old 09-26-2010   #15
euro-Texan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
These are two completely separate issues.
The thread was more intended to the latter
Old 09-26-2010   #16
euro-Texan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
I think more to the point, the Texans are a team that the best QBs in the league can torch, and the Texans have indeed seen three of the top-tier QBs in the NFL in their first three weeks.

Again, if they get shredded by Oakland next week, than they ARE that bad.
Romo hasn't looked like a top tier QB until today.
Old 09-26-2010   #17
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 218535 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

We have a damn good offense, but it got shut down today. It happens you know. That Any Given Sunday shit ain't shit, it's real.

The problem is our defensive secondary, which is beyond bad. I think it's worse than last year's secondary. But, I think it will improve as the season goes along. I predicted 10-6 and sneaking into the wild card playoffs this year, and I'll be damn happy with that and I still think it's doable.

I hate losing to the Cowpies, but it's done now. We got bigger fish to fry in our future anyway.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #18
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 58428 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

Seriously, never blame a loss on the crowd. On the heirarchy of lame excuses, that's even worse than blaming officials.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #19
euro-Texan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
Seriously, never blame a loss on the crowd. On the heirarchy of lame excuses, that's even worse than blaming officials.
As a person who goes to Texans games on the road (only because I have to) I understand that oposing fans are part of the game, but the damn bullpen was full of cowgirl fans. Look, it didn't cost us the game, but it was just as humiliating as the loss.
Old 09-26-2010   #20
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro-Texan View Post
As a person who goes to Texans games on the road (only because I have to) I understand that oposing fans are part of the game, but the damn bullpen was full of cowgirl fans. Look, it didn't cost us the game, but it was just as humiliating as the loss.
I wasn't in the bull pen but I was suprised that my section (353) had far fewer Cowturd fans than were at the preseason game. And my section usually houses a lot of opponent's fans.

I will say, though, that most Cowboy fans were reasonable after the game. However, there were 2 or 3 fans that had no class. Every other team I've seen has been very respectful. One piece of sh*t started talking crap to a family of 4 with a 5 year old sitting behind me. It made me sick, and I probably should have punched him in the crotch.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read