Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-26-2010   #1
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Flush it

That's all I can say about this one. I'm upset about the (soon to be) loss but in all honesty I penciled this one in at the start of the year and even coming into today 2-0 vs 0-2 I had a bad bad feeling. Sure enough we ran into a buzz saw and missed a few opportunities to keep it close. Overall if we can manage to beat Oakland next week, no sure thing, we get Cush back with one more win than I imagined we have and that ain't bad. Now if we could just find a secondary....
Old 09-26-2010   #2
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6022 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84
Default Re: Flush it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles View Post
That's all I can say about this one. I'm upset about the (soon to be) loss but in all honesty I penciled this one in at the start of the year and even coming into today 2-0 vs 0-2 I had a bad bad feeling. Sure enough we ran into a buzz saw and missed a few opportunities to keep it close. Overall if we can manage to beat Oakland next week, no sure thing, we get Cush back with one more win than I imagined we have and that ain't bad. Now if we could just find a secondary....
Well the secret is out. You can throw all day long on the Texans. Our secondary is beyond bad.

I just wish this team could gain some of the passion the fans have for beating the cowpies.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #3
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantherstang84 View Post
Well the secret is out. You can throw all day long on the Texans. Our secondary is beyond bad.

I just wish this team could gain some of the passion the fans have for beating the cowpies.
RELAX! Its a single game against a Very good defense. We have faced 3 very good QBs.

Texans need to get back to work and get ready to face Oakland.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #4
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1542 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't recall seeing much pressure at all on Romosexual. Boy is this going to be a tough week in the national media
Old 09-26-2010   #5
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9611 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro-Texan View Post
I don't recall seeing much pressure at all on Romosexual. Boy is this going to be a tough week in the national media
Its just a loss, who cares about the national media, much worse places to be than 2-1.
Old 09-26-2010   #6
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 24274 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
We have faced 3 very good QBs.
Because we let them be very good against us.
Old 09-26-2010   #7
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

yup... totally sucks but its just one (bitter) loss. time to move on to oakland and hope the team plays alot better
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-26-2010   #8
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grams View Post
Because we let them be very good against us.
No. They are very good becuase they ARE very good. Manning is a multiple time MVP, and McNabb/Romo are top 5 Qbs (with Brees and Rogers).

-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 09-26-2010   #9
awtysst
Draft Guru

I'm glad I did not pay to watch this game!!!

-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 09-26-2010   #10
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No. They are very good becuase they ARE very good. Manning is a multiple time MVP, and McNabb/Romo are top 5 Qbs (with Brees and Rogers).
Rivers?

Brady?

Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #11
awtysst
Draft Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Texan View Post
Rivers?

Brady?

Brady is #6 and Rivers is overrated.

-awtysst on 4/28/2011
Old 09-26-2010   #12
arb729
Veteran

Rep Power: 419 arb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respectedarb729 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
thank you!
arb729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #13
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10704 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Hm... not really sure what to say, we looked uninspired and uninterested the entire game.

Secondary is in big trouble, but what's new, it's been like that for 8 years... And Slaton, I'm READY to wave goodbye, he's beyond useful...

All in all, what a horrible game... I need more beer :I
Old 09-26-2010   #14
THE NFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL

So if Rivers hangs 300 yards on the Texans defense will it be because Rivers is top tier or the Texans defense is bad?
THE NFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #15
cdollaz
Veteran

Rep Power: 5456 cdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respected

Romo is not better than either Brady or Rivers. Not even close.
cdollaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #16
Mr. Texan
I'm A Texan

Rep Power: 14263 Mr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

lol @ mcnabb > brady
Mr. Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #17
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10578 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE NFL View Post
So if Rivers hangs 300 yards on the Texans defense will it be because Rivers is top tier or the Texans defense is bad?
Where Rivers is *exactly* is up for debate, but he's certainly one of the better QBs in the NFL.

Again, let's see what Oakland does to this pass defense next week. If the lowly Raiders light up the Texans' pass defense, then we will KNOW they really are that bad, that they can't even stop the weaker offenses and QBs in the league.

This is clearly NOT a good or even average defense against the pass, but I think they have faced three upper-half QBs and offenses in the NFL. In other words, we don't know whether they are merely "below average" or one of the NFL's worst pass defenses until we see how they play lesser offenses.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #18
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE NFL View Post
Yes.
Old 09-26-2010   #19
Porky
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57261 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm ready to flush the secondary. We are one miracle away from being 1-2 right now and the defense has yet held a team under 24 points.

Can anyone tell me what the game plan on D was supposed to be? It looked like a discombobulated mess to me. The front 7 did diddly squat. Super Mario looked like Sucky Mario. Send out an APB because he couldn't have been in the stadium.

No pressure on Romo to speak of save one or two plays. That ain't gonna cut it when your corners were last seen on a milk carton at HEB.

And Romo has been nothing beyond average early this year, and you let him look like Norm Van Brocklin out there.

I swear the ghost of Richard Smith put this game plan together. No blitzing, no pressure, no stunts or twists, mostly man coverage (what's possible to ascertain from the tv) with corners so young and inexperienced that they had to take the school bus to get to the stadium.

Again no takeaways either and it's becoming apparent that again the Achilles heel is going to be this secondary. Even Pollard only looks average to me at best and he is a major liability in the passing game. Once again, the lack of this team to get a big-time safety with range is a problem, and Kareem Jackson looks totally out-matched to me. He needs to go back and let Nick Saban teach him some more because he isn't ready. First thing they need to do is bench Jackson. We need a change back there. All in all, the secondary is T-E-R-R-I-B-L-E.

On offense, I couldn't see the coverage well on TV but time and again Schaub was holding the ball way too long. The running game was working, but with the D being so bad they weren't able to get into a real rhythm. While 6 points is not acceptable I place the majority of the blame squarely on this inept defense, and if that doesn't get fixed in a hurry we are going to be on the outside looking in one more time. Depressing.
Old 09-26-2010   #20
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Speaking of the secondary, if Oakland continues to struggle I would be knocking down the door asking for Nnamdi. Give em our 1 and another pick or a player, whatever.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read