Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-26-2010   #1
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 28177 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Things I've Noticed This Year

I have been a fan since day 1. I have seen all but 1 Texan game. Each year since Kubiak has been head coach, the team has improved - not necessarily in the W-L column as we would like, but the team itself and the play of the team.

Are we finally "paid in full" for our dues to the Football Gods? How many times did we sack Peyton, how many times did we hit him, how may times did we knock him down? How many roughing the passer calls did we get? We have gotten a few of the WTF penalties, but not the same as all teams get those. We hit Manning from the beginning of the game to the end and not 1 single, solitary penalty.

Does Kubiak finally have the OC and DC he wants and trusts? He seems more at ease on the sidelines this year. Maybe because he does not have to "babysit" the OC? He has more time to spend managing the game? The time-outs against the Colts on that kickoff and the perfect timing of the time-out on the field goal against Washington. There is not "training" for a rookie head coach. Has he finally had enough "on the job" training where he is confotable with all he needs to do and with the right coaches as co-ordinators, he can do what he needs to be doing?

The attitude of the players is different. Did their wins at the end of last season make them start to believe that they are as good as everyone else and can win each Sunday? The team that came out that first game is not the same team (s) that have played the Colts previously. I kept waiting for Peyton to get the ball in the second half and start scoring a lot of points fast.
We can out and had an 8 minute drive or running tha ball down their throats and did not relent the entire second half.

I almost turned the game off at half time on Washington. But something kept nagging me to not do that. The thought kept running that I would kick myself if they came back and won.

These guys are not quiting, they are playing hard, they are making things happen. They are not letting penalties take them out of focus. Things during the game that use to be against us are going our way.

Someone has this slogan as their signature. The Texans seem to have taken it the heart. Refuse to Lose.

Old 09-26-2010   #2
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Things I've Noticed This Year

I agree with what you're seeing, but it's only been two games. The sample
size is very small, like a spoonful. Get back to me once I've had a bowl.
Old 09-26-2010   #3
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 28177 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

I know the sample is small, but there is a difference this year.

A difference in attitude. A difference in the intensity.

I think this game may define the difference.
Old 09-26-2010   #4
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans still haven't lost their tendency to believe they can
just "show up" on teams with bad records. I didn't see that "fire" during
kickoff, and Dallas is just too talented to "wing it."
Old 09-26-2010   #5
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
The Texans still haven't lost their tendency to believe they can
just "show up" on teams with bad records. I didn't see that "fire" during
kickoff, and Dallas is just too talented to "wing it."
You are correct. Think the left the fire in Washington.
Old 09-26-2010   #6
cdollaz
Veteran

Rep Power: 6353 cdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respectedcdollaz is a quality contributor and well respected

I've noticed that Slaton has no business being on the field, either as a running back or a returner.
cdollaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010   #7
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8871 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected

Gotta agree with you 100% on Slaton. Really liked what i saw in J Johnson. He could see the holes. Slaton has no clue. How badly was he hurt. Is he available.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-26-2010   #8
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gafftop View Post
Gotta agree with you 100% on Slaton. Really liked what i saw in J Johnson. He could see the wholes. Slaton has no clue. How badly was he hurt. Is he available.
J Johnson is on IR - gone for the year.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read