Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 09-25-2010   #21
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 25411 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Fantasy Football Disagreement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
He's 0-2 so far, so yes that probably has more to do with it than anything.
That's what I was thinking. He was just using this as an excuse to bail.

Not good.
Old 09-27-2010   #22
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 56852 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

You should not pay his dues. Sounds like he is being cheap. What are the dues?

But dont try to hack peoples accounts. And especially dont accept trades for them! I know you were bored, but sheesh. You gotta think!

Just buy him a bottle of his fav liquor and appologize.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #23
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

If this guy is really one of your best friends then you should approach him as such.

There is no need for any more e-mails. This is a problem between two close friends. Leave everyone else out of this and you two settle it. Both of you guys were a little wrong, but ot sounds like he has something else going on in his life and that invasion of privacy set him off. You said he was acting fine the next day and then he went off...Maybe he is jealous of something you have...Maybe he is facing financial problems that he hasn't told you about....Maybe his teams lack of success just pisses him off...I can only speculate...

If I were you I'd just call him up and be honest...Tell him everything you've said here...Don't hold back...If you don't feel like you owe him anything tell him that...Tell him he's being a pucee...Tell him that you are sorry, but that he is taking it over board...

And then at the end of it, if y'all have to fight, then just fight. Probably be a good thing for both of you.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #24
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, this is a funny story. Lol!

Believe it or not, I've seen stuff like this happen in leagues before and I've even seen corporate level guys act this way and try to get each other fired over this kind of argument more than once.

The guy has no case though. Not at all. The trade was vetoed and it never took place, so he has nothing to worry about. He wasn't cheated and even if he thought he was it was rectified. You were wrong to go into his account though and do what you did, but you got it fixed, so no harm no foul at that point.

It sounds like he just doesn't want to pay his dues on this and he's looking for a way out of it. The league commish shouldn't have to pay anything on his behalf. If he doesn't pay, then he should never be let in the league again.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #25
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

I would be pissed, because Orton is my whole team...Nah, he over-reacted to something you now know you shouldn't have done. You were in the wrong, but he was an ass hat.
Old 09-27-2010   #26
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4090 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Hacking an email account is illegal, your lucky he did not file charges on you, then you lost the trust he had in your friendship and that will take a freindship to get back.
Old 09-27-2010   #27
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3214 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Again, this is not an issue of privacy when the information is public. He didn't read a journal, he didn't read private email, messages or anything else that wasn't public. The only private part of this whole issue is the password, which is probably something like 1-2-3-4-5; the kind of password an idjiot would put on his luggage. You want privacy? Make your password something difficult to crack and don't tell anyone what it is.

I just can't see how anyone would feel your privacy was violated in this instance as it amounts to someone walking into your front yard and rearranging your garden gnomes. Then they say, 'nice front lawn you go there', and laugh at your reaction, then they put them back the way they were.
In Texas I can shoot you for touching my garden gnomes on my property...

Ckw... should you pay? No, this is an excuse to not have to pay. As far as FF goes, no damage was done. If you really were a cheater you might not had even said thank you for the trade, much less admit it. He just wants out, and by emailing everyone he is setting others up for not wanting to pay for a league with an admitted cheater if/when they lose to a cheater. Stupid, but has a chance of happening.

But this is a violation of privacy and as far as that goes I'd potentially be pissed, too. You are upset that your best friend is calling you out as a cheater, but he has every right to be upset with a best friend who blatently invades his privacy for nothing more than boredom. There is a lack of respect there.

What others like Dutchrudder are overlooking/ignoring is that FF accounts are at times tied to email addresses. For instance, with Yahoo, your password IS your email password. So if it was Yahoo, you had access to any and all information you wanted to look at. He doesn't know, nor do any of us for that matter, that you haven't been in his emails before. Even if this is another FF site and doesnt use that email, who's to say you haven't tried this before on any other accounts? I don't think you have, and I do see what you did as just trying to play a harmless prank. I don't think you were trying to intentionally do more than what you did. In his defense, though, hacking this account is like picking the lock on his house and replacing some of his items with yours. If you don't have a key I don't want you breaking into my house without me knowing, regardless of intent.

This differs from what dc_txtech was talking about because as he said, they had a long standing rivalry of trying to mess with each others accounts. This wasn't that type of scenario. Yours came out of left field... again, because of boredom, not trying to just get him back for something done previously.

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-27-2010   #28
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
That's what I was thinking. He was just using this as an excuse to bail.

Not good.
Sure seems like it.

Like I said, we worked it out, and he apologized for the email. The commish is having someone else take over his team and pay the dues. He is officially out of the league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
You should not pay his dues. Sounds like he is being cheap. What are the dues?

But dont try to hack peoples accounts. And especially dont accept trades for them! I know you were bored, but sheesh. You gotta think!

Just buy him a bottle of his fav liquor and appologize.
Dues are $50. It isn't the money; it is the principle of the matter. Trying to make me pay his dues was his way of trying to get back at me and try to force me to admit I messed up his team. I refused and would continue to refuse to admit this as nothing I did messed up his team. Could it be looked at as an invasion of his privacy? Sure, and I apologized for that and told him it wouldn't happen again.

But I do have to respond to something you said. I'm not trying "to hack peoples accounts." I only did this because it was my best friend, and I honestly thought he would find it funny. I figured he would laugh about, call me some names, and it would be over with. I never imagined he would be as upset as he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
If this guy is really one of your best friends then you should approach him as such.

There is no need for any more e-mails. This is a problem between two close friends. Leave everyone else out of this and you two settle it. Both of you guys were a little wrong, but ot sounds like he has something else going on in his life and that invasion of privacy set him off. You said he was acting fine the next day and then he went off...Maybe he is jealous of something you have...Maybe he is facing financial problems that he hasn't told you about....Maybe his teams lack of success just pisses him off...I can only speculate...

If I were you I'd just call him up and be honest...Tell him everything you've said here...Don't hold back...If you don't feel like you owe him anything tell him that...Tell him he's being a pucee...Tell him that you are sorry, but that he is taking it over board...

And then at the end of it, if y'all have to fight, then just fight. Probably be a good thing for both of you.
Good post man, and this is exactly what I did. I refused to back down because nothing I did affected his team. I apologized for the breach of privacy but that is it. But we are cool now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Man, this is a funny story. Lol!

Believe it or not, I've seen stuff like this happen in leagues before and I've even seen corporate level guys act this way and try to get each other fired over this kind of argument more than once.

The guy has no case though. Not at all. The trade was vetoed and it never took place, so he has nothing to worry about. He wasn't cheated and even if he thought he was it was rectified. You were wrong to go into his account though and do what you did, but you got it fixed, so no harm no foul at that point.

It sounds like he just doesn't want to pay his dues on this and he's looking for a way out of it. The league commish shouldn't have to pay anything on his behalf. If he doesn't pay, then he should never be let in the league again.
Yeah it gets pretty retarded. I don't remember what the fight was about but a few years back in this same league, two of the guys got in an argument (can't remember over what) and carried out their argument over emails sent to the entire league. It was hilarious!! To end it, one of the guys told the other guy to find new plans for New Years party and all this junk. It was hysterical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
I would be pissed, because Orton is my whole team...Nah, he over-reacted to something you now know you shouldn't have done. You were in the wrong, but he was an ass hat.
Actually, I was trading him Orton which would have been the best QB he had on his team. Your last sentence sums it up perfectly though.

Last edited by Ckw; 09-28-2010 at 09:48 AM.
Old 09-27-2010   #29
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by scourge View Post
In Texas I can shoot you for touching my garden gnomes on my property...

Ckw... should you pay? No, this is an excuse to not have to pay. As far as FF goes, no damage was done. If you really were a cheater you might not had even said thank you for the trade, much less admit it. He just wants out, and by emailing everyone he is setting others up for not wanting to pay for a league with an admitted cheater if/when they lose to a cheater. Stupid, but has a chance of happening.

But this is a violation of privacy and as far as that goes I'd potentially be pissed, too. You are upset that your best friend is calling you out as a cheater, but he has every right to be upset with a best friend who blatently invades his privacy for nothing more than boredom. There is a lack of respect there.

What others like Dutchrudder are overlooking/ignoring is that FF accounts are at times tied to email addresses. For instance, with Yahoo, your password IS your email password. So if it was Yahoo, you had access to any and all information you wanted to look at. He doesn't know, nor do any of us for that matter, that you haven't been in his emails before. Even if this is another FF site and doesnt use that email, who's to say you haven't tried this before on any other accounts? I don't think you have, and I do see what you did as just trying to play a harmless prank. I don't think you were trying to intentionally do more than what you did. In his defense, though, hacking this account is like picking the lock on his house and replacing some of his items with yours. If you don't have a key I don't want you breaking into my house without me knowing, regardless of intent.

This differs from what dc_txtech was talking about because as he said, they had a long standing rivalry of trying to mess with each others accounts. This wasn't that type of scenario. Yours came out of left field... again, because of boredom, not trying to just get him back for something done previously.
Good, fair post. For the record, it is an ESPN league so it has no ties to his email address or anything like that. I do think comparing me logging into his account is like me breaking into his house is quite a stretch, but your point is taken. One though actually involves his possessions, has him filing a police report and freaking out, and thinking he has to replace his locks, and the other involves him FANTASY football account being played with but everything repaired immediately.

Honestly if the roles were reversed, I might have been upset for a minute, called my friend a few four letter words, but would have been over it in a few hours once he got it fixed.
Old 09-27-2010   #30
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3214 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Good, fair post. For the record, it is an ESPN league so it has no ties to his email address or anything like that. I do think comparing me logging into his account is like me breaking into his house is quite a stretch, but your point is taken. One though actually involves his possessions, has him filing a police report and freaking out, and thinking he has to replace his locks, and the other involves him FANTASY football account being played with but everything repaired immediately.

Honestly if the roles were reversed, I might have been upset for a minute, called my friend a few four letter words, but would have been over it in a few hours once he got it fixed.
I agree, as noted above, that since this isn't tied directly to an email account this isn't as violating as it could've been. In that case he should have been able to let go of it by now. You are correct that FF is not the same as a house break in, but acquiring access to an email account is in that direction. Hence, the "if it was" part.

Had it been email related, though, it is a misdemeanor crime if just snooping around. From there it can turn into a felony. Just ask David Kernell.

I am glad this worked itself out. Hopefully y'all will be able to move past this without further issues. If he seems ok and then bitchy later back and forth as it sounds like he has, then maybe not. He sounds like a girl.

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read