Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-24-2010   #1
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default AFC Playbook guys ALL pick the Texans

Thiesman, Sharpe, and Billick agree that the ability to run OR pass--and the weapons we have--will be too much for the Cowboys to handle.

I did a transcript on it:

Sharpe: Joe, everybody talks about Schaub throwing it to Andre Johnson, but he's got another guy out there.

Joe: Yeah, I like to call him "The Other Guy." Kevin Walter. He's the other guy on the other side of Andre Johnson. And he gives Matt Schaub a viable place to go with the football if he [Schaub] can't get it to the big guy. Watch how he pushes DeAngelo Hall up the field, then turns out to the sideline, keeping that speed up as he turns out, and Matt puts the ball right on the money. (result of play: 23 yard completion on the immortal DeAngelo Hall).

Joe, again: Now watch Walter set up this play. This is just picture perfect from the wide receiver (Two WR set, with AJ and Walter. Leach and Foster in backfield) Knowing where you want to go, he runs right at Carlos Rogers, forcing him to widen a little bit, Owen Daniels comes across the middle takes his defender out of the play, gives Schaub a beautiful opportunity to hang the ball in the middle of the field. Walter goes and makes a big play. Big gain.

Joe, again: It's that kind of "compliment" that every team SHOULD have, but very few have. And that's why I like the Texans.

Billick: Ok, so we'll stop your running game. (Sharpe nods "OK") We're gonna' roll up and take away Andre Johnson (Sharpe says "Sure."). Oh, and you're gonna' try to put a guy on Kevin Walter and stop him (Joe nods his head). But now you still have a problem because you have a very good tight end in Owen Daniels--A real comfort zone for Matt Schaub. Tight End is a position where you can get a lot of efficiency out of your passing game. They move Owen Daniels all over the place, he'll get on the hip of the other tight end. He'll motion all the way out to a three WR set. He gives you a lot of flexibility.

Billick, again: Defensively, you can stop anything you want. The question then becomes 'What price shall I pay if I stop THIS part of your offense?' Do you have the other half to hurt me? The Texans have lots of other assets to hurt you.

Sharpe: Note to the Dallas Cowboys: You have an opportunity in this football game. Tony Romo and his offense, especially, because you're going to face the worst pass defense we have in football: The Houston Texans. They give up yards by the mile, but they're 2-0. They have a way to get to your quarterback in a guy named Mario Williams...who is starting to become DOMINANT. He gets after your QB (shows clip of sacking McNabb) He's relentless.

Sharpe again: I'm not saying his Reggie White, just yet, but he is headed that way. They move him around, they get him...whoever your worst offensive lineman is, you're gonna' know at the end of this football game because Mario Williams is going to be lined up over him. We all like the Texans, which means we're gonna' send the Cowboys to 0-3

------------------------------------

As reported in another thread, Schaub and Mario will be in a special interview airing Sunday morning at 8 a.m. CENTRAL Time on NFL Network.
Old 09-24-2010   #2
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 77725 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AFC Playbook guys ALL pick the Texans

I am not liking all of these guys picking us. Even Randy Galloway. Not only did Randy Galloway pick the Texans to beat Dallas, he also said he thinks they are going to WIN the Super Bowl.

http://kilt.cbslocal.com/2010/09/23/...d-couple-show/

Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010   #3
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

So the rest of the country has finally discovered that Matt Schaub has 9,000 weapons? Our offense has been damn near unstoppable for a couple of years now.

I'm a bit concerned that they've all chosen us, however.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010   #4
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 49705 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Well, for once, it's time to prove them right.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010   #5
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

If it means anything, all of the playbook guys unanimously picked us in both the colts and skins game.
Old 09-24-2010   #6
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

I think what we have going on here...is this:

The Texans, as a whole team, are now arriving into their own. Before, it was Schaub and AJ and Daniels and Anderson and Walter. Maybe Winston can be included. On the defense, you had Ryans and Pollard, and Cushing came along last season. Mario has jumped up a notch, too.

But NOW? Now I think the whole team has absorbed that attitude. They sorta' figured out that they can go out there and play with anybody, much to the credit of those guys I just mentioned. Once the other "role players" figured out that they had leaders around them who were not going to let up and back down, they have come together and have raised their game.

The whole thing is feeding itself. There's two teams right now who have this sort of attitude: The Texans and the Saints. These two teams are on a whole other level right now, IMO. Even when it looked like the 9ers were going to win, the Saints just refused to allow it.

If the Texans put the Cowboys away this Sunday, you guys haven't seen anything yet. It's going to get stoooopid in the sports media. I'm talking people on the sports shows are going to be saying how they have always felt the Texans were going to end up like this at some point.

Revisionist history is going to make us puke. Just gotta' hope we put the Boys away. Then it's one more game before Cushing returns to unleash HELL on opposing offenses in week 5. If we get 3-1 going into week 5...I will be fine.

I just hope the 1 loss is not the Cowboys. Squashing them in the preseason and then again in week 3 will be an early Christmas gift in my eyes.
Old 09-24-2010   #7
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 49705 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, but if we lose to the Raiders, that's just embarassing.
Sponsored links
Old 09-24-2010   #8
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I think what we have going on here...is this:

The Texans, as a whole team, are now arriving into their own. Before, it was Schaub and AJ and Daniels and Anderson and Walter. Maybe Winston can be included. On the defense, you had Ryans and Pollard, and Cushing came along last season. Mario has jumped up a notch, too.

But NOW? Now I think the whole team has absorbed that attitude. They sorta' figured out that they can go out there and play with anybody, much to the credit of those guys I just mentioned. Once the other "role players" figured out that they had leaders around them who were not going to let up and back down, they have come together and have raised their game.

The whole thing is feeding itself. There's two teams right now who have this sort of attitude: The Texans and the Saints. These two teams are on a whole other level right now, IMO. Even when it looked like the 9ers were going to win, the Saints just refused to allow it.

If the Texans put the Cowboys away this Sunday, you guys haven't seen anything yet. It's going to get stoooopid in the sports media. I'm talking people on the sports shows are going to be saying how they have always felt the Texans were going to end up like this at some point.

Revisionist history is going to make us puke. Just gotta' hope we put the Boys away. Then it's one more game before Cushing returns to unleash HELL on opposing offenses in week 5. If we get 3-1 going into week 5...I will be fine.

I just hope the 1 loss is not the Cowboys. Squashing them in the preseason and then again in week 3 will be an early Christmas gift in my eyes.
I was telling someone just yesterday about how it's weird how this team has most of the same players as last year, but it seems like a totally different team.

Something has happened to this team. I don't know what, but there has been a huge metamorphisis from last year. It's like having a kid, and then suddenly one day that kid is a grown man.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010   #9
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 2051 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

While I am really pleased about all the media attention and new fans who "have been a fan since the beginning and knew the Texans were going to be great", I feel a little anxiety about Sunday's game. I have a feeling the Cowboys aren't just gonna roll over so a new king can be crowned in Texas. I don't think anybody has told them this is supposed to be their funeral dirge and our coming out party. I hope we don't get embarrassed.
On the other hand, Everything that I have read coming from the players seems to indicate they look at this game as just another game and they are all business about it. It sounds like nobody on the Texans team is taking the outcome for granted.
After Sunday I hope it is Wade who is doing this and not Kubiak
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010   #10
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Yeah, but if we lose to the Raiders, that's just embarassing.
I probably wouldn't ever let you guys live that one down if the mighty Texans were to fall to the Raiders .
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010   #11
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post
I probably wouldn't ever let you guys live that one down if the mighty Texans were to fall to the Raiders .
No, I don't think you would either.
Old 09-24-2010   #12
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Regardless of the hype, we haven't accomplished anything yet. It's 1/8th into a season and anything can happen. If we are a good team we will put these Cowbyos at 0-3. The Cowboys have been completely inept in every aspect of the game since game 1 preseason. We can not let them get their game back, if they even have one left. This is the worst Cowboys team I have seen in awhile.

We have some injuries that we are still trying to cope with. Barwin still needs a viable replacement, although Nading has been serviceable to this point. I just wonder how long he can last without getting exposed. Brown is now out for 4 weeks, so Butler or someone is going to have to step up. There is always the potential for more injures.

The good news is that Cushing will be back pretty soon. I think we have done a pretty good job in rush defense without one of our best players.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010   #13
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 23440 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the game against the Patriots started the attitude. I think winning that game made them aware that they can beat anyone. We didn't get much media over the win as it was the last game of the season and the media was about the playoffs.

But it looks like the media did notice and after we beat the Colts, more people noticed. I thought we might have a let-down against the Skins. It looked like in the first half that maybe we did, But there is obviously no quit in these guys this year.

This game scares me a little bit - could be because in the back of my mind is the constant media over-hype about the Boys. The Cowgirls will either get it together and play well or they will continue to implode.

Hopefully our guys are taking this game very seriously and will push the Cowgirls over the preverbial edge no matter how the good/bad the Girls play.
Old 09-24-2010   #14
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44649 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Cowboys have their backs against the wall and CANNOT start the season 0-3.

Sincerely,

The Cowboys have their backs against the wall and CANNOT start the season 0-2.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010   #15
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

The Cowboys have been inept for much of this season, but they have talent that is dangerous. We can't let up in this game because ineptitude can turn into smooth play at any time.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010   #16
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Funny thing is, if we lose to the Cowboys, they will probably jump off our bandwagon and pick the Raiders
Old 09-24-2010   #17
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 201178 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LOL. I wouldn't either if I was you.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010   #18
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNTLEWOLF View Post
While I am really pleased about all the media attention and new fans who "have been a fan since the beginning and knew the Texans were going to be great", I feel a little anxiety about Sunday's game. I have a feeling the Cowboys aren't just gonna roll over so a new king can be crowned in Texas. I don't think anybody has told them this is supposed to be their funeral dirge and our coming out party. I hope we don't get embarrassed.
On the other hand, Everything that I have read coming from the players seems to indicate they look at this game as just another game and they are all business about it. It sounds like nobody on the Texans team is taking the outcome for granted.
After Sunday I hope it is Wade who is doing this and not Kubiak
I had a bad feeling till a few days ago. I just got a reverse. A really good feeling about Sunday.
Old 09-24-2010   #19
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 65389 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's already happened in the last few years. And that was when J-Marc was the (literally) big man on the team.
Old 09-24-2010   #20
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Rep Power: 7456 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

It's gonna be a good tough game but we will come out with the win, book it!
TexansBlood is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read