Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 03-22-2005   #1
THEFUTURE
All Pro

Default Travis Henry? a possible trade

Henry is looking for a new home, so what would it take for a team to get him? i would like to see the texans go for him. i loved him coming out of tennessee, and i think he would be a great back. i know i have been a big DD supporter, but if we did go after a back, i would like Henry
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005   #2
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEFUTURE
Henry is looking for a new home, so what would it take for a team to get him? i would like to see the texans go for him. i loved him coming out of tennessee, and i think he would be a great back. i know i have been a big DD supporter, but if we did go after a back, i would like Henry

I would if Wells was still the #1 RB, but that's Dom-D's job. Besides, we wouldn't want Henry complaining about being the #2 RB like he did in BUF. But yeah, I'd love to have the guy here.
Old 03-22-2005   #3
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

I say no to Henry...He did rush for nearly 1500 yeards one season, and he runs with lots of power and decent speed, but he's going to come over and want a big contract and be pissed when he and Dom split carries...

Last edited by D-ReK; 03-22-2005 at 02:31 PM.
D-ReK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005   #4
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

No way. This guy is not a Texans guy. He only cares about himself, and how much PT he gets. He would go ape nuts if Dom got carries. Plus I dont think the Texans want another Davis. JMO
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005   #5
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Just not a realistic scenario. What would we do with DD? They both are starters in this league.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005   #6
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

A smallish back who gets the tough yards, but has a fumble problem. Sounds like some one we all ready have.
Old 03-22-2005   #7
HoustonLionsFan
Veteran

Not to mention that Buff is probably looking for Olinemen in a trade. Not exactly deep on the roster with Oline here in Houston.
HoustonLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-22-2005   #8
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonLionsFan
Not to mention that Buff is probably looking for Olinemen in a trade. Not exactly deep on the roster with Oline here in Houston.
Yeah, that too...The idea of getting Henry is just too unrealistic...
Old 03-22-2005   #9
outofhnd
All Pro

People complain about DD not being able to break away. With Henry it is a certainty. He Doesn't break away from the pack. That was 1 reason McGahee was taken by buffalo. They realized Henry was a decent back but the fact remained McGahee was a gamebreaker. The Bills did the same thing the Saints did when they drafted Deuce after Ricky Williams had his best year in the NFL. He is a good goal line runner but lacks the Big play ability don't need to add him here. We already have atleast that much with Davis.
outofhnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005   #10
gr8slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonLionsFan
No we are not exatly looking for OL we are looking for a second or third more than an OL unless its someone we cant resist like Shelton.
Old 03-23-2005   #11
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
On any FA just ask your self, is he better then the guy we got now? I say NO!

And i AGREE with you !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005   #12
Rosusu
All Pro

I think if we were going for a back it would be big bruiser type. I like our RB situation right now, I dont want any other backs on the roster from what we have right now.
Old 03-24-2005   #13
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosusu
I think if we were going for a back it would be big bruiser type. I like our RB situation right now, I dont want any other backs on the roster from what we have right now.

and i double agree with that ! Wells nice pewer runner, D.D shfty can break tackles back, and Hollings well he fills our injuries reserve RB spot !!! So we are good !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005   #14
Big78
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Big78

he is probly goin to arizona. thats whats goin around the watrin hole. its not a deff but its a proly
Big78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005   #15
ThOrNy
Rookie

DC-**** ur are soo wrong man! Henry is a guy who is young and performed at a pro-bowl level for the bills and he is alot more talented than most think so being benched for a guy who " only cares about how much PT he gets " with a bung knee in McGahee i dont blame him for demanding a trade cause he is a worthy starter in this league.

On the flip side i think he would be an upgrade over DD but not to the point that it would be worth doing.
ThOrNy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read