Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-23-2010   #1
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default John McClain lectures comment posters on blog, Picks Texans over Cowboys

I agree. The posters on TexansTalk are, for the most part, remarkably well behaved compared to some of the people he is waggling his finger at who post on his blog.

Also, I am glad he picked the Texans to win. If he had picked the Cowboys, I would have been in favor of seeing him ridden out of town on a rail.

Quote:
Texans or Cowboys? Cowboys or Texans?

I shouldn't be surprised, but the Cowboys-Texans game has brought out the worst in many of you.

Most of you are grown men writing such childish insults. I've had to delete more these last 10 days than any period since I've been doing this blog.

Why can't you be critical without resorting to below-the-belt insults and this incessant, sophomoric name-calling?

As I've told Texans fans for years, just scroll past comments from Cowboy, Keal and CP. They're designed to get a rise out of you. Do you realize how devastated they'd be if EVERYONE simply ignored them?

You do know where the scroll button is, right?

I think both teams will move the ball through the air. I think this one comes down to one of the quarterbacks, Matt Schaub or Tony Romo, taking over the game.

I think the Cowboys will contain Arian Foster. I think the Texans will shut down the Cowboys' running game. This one will be won through the air.

This game will feature superb receivers, hard hitting from the front sevens and big plays on both sides of the ball.

I'm a big fan of Gary Kubiak and Wade Phillips. I feel bad that one has to lose. I think Wade will be 0-3.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010   #2
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: John McClain lectures comment posters on blog, Picks Texans over Cowboys

I pretty much agree with John on all accounts....

Really the only thing I disagree on is Foster...I think he will have a good game..
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010   #3
TexansForTheW
Veteran

Rep Power: 324 TexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: John McClain lectures comment posters on blog, Picks Texans over Cowboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
I agree. The posters on TexansTalk are, for the most part, remarkably well behaved compared to some of the people he is waggling his finger at who post on his blog.

Also, I am glad he picked the Texans to win. If he had picked the Cowboys, I would have been in favor of seeing him ridden out of town on a rail.
He seemed pretty hesitant. I don't think they will contain Foster.
TexansForTheW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010   #4
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansForTheW View Post
He seemed pretty hesitant. I don't think they will contain Foster.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010   #5
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 118233 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Great! Now McClain picks us to win?! We're screwed and I'm not kidding, the dude's never right
Old 09-23-2010   #6
TexansForTheW
Veteran

Rep Power: 324 TexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Great! Now McClain picks us to win?! We're screwed and I'm not kidding, the dude's never right
He was right the last two weeks.
TexansForTheW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010   #7
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
And I hope I don't have to sit next to a drunk, fat, tattooed, camo wearing, long haired, toothless, fan with chili stains still on their moustache....and that's just the WOMEN!

Posted by: COWBOY
Response:
Quote:
Then, leave your wife at home

Posted by: Sammy
haha!
Old 09-23-2010   #8
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

John McClain's blog and the comments on it is a big reason why I never click anything blue by his mug.
Old 09-23-2010   #9
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
He picked us the past two weeks and picked the Redskins game to be tight (21-20).

So we're keeping the mojo flowing.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010   #10
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post

I havent read the article yet .... But I wouldnt be opposed to running McClain out of town for his poor coverage and lack of journalistic skill ... and take AMS with him (along with the entire Chron staff).

The lack of quality and/or coverage of coverage on Houston Sports really baffles me .... Maybe the Chron needs some copmpetition.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read