Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-23-2010   #1
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Wow, you guys are actually good

Congrats on the great start to the year. A good team can come back from a 17-point deficit. You have a legit quarterback that we (the Titans) wish we had and your running back is getting he job done.

Those first rounders on defense are hitting their stride.

Anyone but the Colts at the top of the division, please.

Good luck the rest of the year (except two games).

Love,

Titan "Tack" Fan

P.S. kick the Cowboys dumb a$$es

Last edited by Titan "Tack" Fan; 09-23-2010 at 01:39 PM. Reason: cowboy hate
Titan "Tack" Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010   #2
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wow, you guys are actually good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan View Post
Congrats on the great start to the year. A good team can come back from a 17-point deficit. You have a legit quarterback that we (the Titans) wish we had and your running back is getting he job done.

Love,

Titan "Tack" Fan

Tough loss with Pittsburgh, especially when it looked like in week one Young had might have turned the proverbial corner.

Does it look like Collins will get the nod this week?
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010   #3
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Tough loss with Pittsburgh, especially when it looked like in week one Young had might have turned the proverbial corner.

Does it look like Collins will get the nod this week?
I think they would be better off just snapping the ball to CJ every time. Leave out the QB and put in another FB to help block.
Old 09-23-2010   #4
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I think they would be better off just snapping the ball to CJ every time. Leave out the QB and put in another FB to help block.
lmao, can't spread rep.
Old 09-23-2010   #5
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30799 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Love,

Titan "Tack" Fan

Welcome. And thanks for the compliments.

I am stunned. I have never seen a Titan fan question their quarterback. I just assumed that VY walked on water and that the Texans would always regret not taking him after he wins 10 Super Bowl rings, based on the way Titans fans talk about their qb.

I'm not trying to be a smart ass. I really am surprised. I was talking to a co-worker earlier today about football, and he's somewhat of a Titans fan, and I said something like, "You guys need to shore up the qb situation a bit."

He looked at me straight in the eye and said: "What's wrong with Vince Young?"

He was honestly puzzed.
I walked away.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010   #6
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
I am stunned. I have never seen a Titan fan question their quarterback.
Bulluck53 has been very honest about his assessment of VY's flaws over the last few years. Blazing Sparrow less so (not dishonest but less realistic) but still somewhat critical.
Old 09-23-2010   #7
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Quote:
Welcome. And thanks for the compliments.

I am stunned. I have never seen a Titan fan question their quarterback. I just assumed that VY walked on water and that the Texans would always regret not taking him after he wins 10 Super Bowl rings, based on the way Titans fans talk about their qb.

I'm not trying to be a smart ass. I really am surprised. I was talking to a co-worker earlier today about football, and he's somewhat of a Titans fan, and I said something like, "You guys need to shore up the qb situation a bit."

He looked at me straight in the eye and said: "What's wrong with Vince Young?"

He was honestly puzzed.
I walked away.
Well of course he was/is...he's a titans fan
Sponsored links
Old 09-23-2010   #8
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Just to preface: I have sat in the same seat for 12 years at the Titans' stadium - biggest fan you'll meet. I also jumped up and down and cheered when we drafted Vince Young.

That being said, before the game against Pittsburgh, I told everyone I knew that THAT game would DEFINE Vince Young. Against marginal defeneses, Vince shines - that's no surprise. The guy also has a knack for miraculous comebacks ... when his back is against the wall, he can be special.

But against good to great defenses he is awful. It does sadden me that this is the case. I want VY to be great every week. I want Vince to throw for over 250 yards/game ... but it's just not going to happen.

Can we win a Superbowl with Vince Young? Yes, we can. Our defense is highly improved and we have the best back in football. But for those of you who watched our uninspired offensive gameplan against the Steelers know that our coaches have got to continue to tailor the gameplan to VY's play style.
Old 09-23-2010   #9
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt Schaub on VY's performance on Sunday:

Old 09-23-2010   #10
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Matt Schaub on VY's performance on Sunday:

freaking hillarious

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010   #11
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Thank god Matt Schaub is forced to wear a helmet.
Old 09-23-2010   #12
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30799 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Bulluck53 has been very honest about his assessment of VY's flaws over the last few years. Blazing Sparrow less so (not dishonest but less realistic) but still somewhat critical.
I guess what I'm saying is, whenver someone brings up VY, his fans react with a dismissive "All he does is win!"

That's what you hear, over and over again regarding VY: All he does is win, all he does is win.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010   #13
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 91809 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

REMEMBER ME EDDIE?? WHEN I KILLED YOUR BROTHER!!!

reference
Old 09-23-2010   #14
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I guess what I'm saying is, whenver someone brings up VY, his fans react with a dismissive "All he does is win!"

That's what you hear, over and over again regarding VY: All he does is win, all he does is win.
Sure and why not? - it is by far their best argument. But whenever I hear that one I ask what the Titans would have done with their league leading rushing attack and D's if they had Matt Schaub.
Old 09-23-2010   #15
b0ng
Ooops

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Sure and why not? - it is by far their best argument. But whenever I hear that one I ask what the Titans would have done with their league leading rushing attack and D's if they had Matt Schaub.
And then we hear the lamentations of their women and the men gnashing their teeth.
Old 09-23-2010   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That's kinda funny...
Old 09-23-2010   #17
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 109600 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Fans in Tennessee are realists when it comes to VY. The worshippers are here. The worshippers hate Fisher for having the nerve to pull god and they hate the real Titans fans for booing their idol. On the UT boards there are a ton of "get him out of Tennessee" posts since Sunday, like it's Fisher's fault he sucked.

If I were a Titans fan in Tennessee I would really hate all the UT morons rooting for that team. Actually I hate all the UT morons rooting for that team.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010   #18
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Fans in Tennessee are realists when it comes to VY. The worshippers are here. The worshippers hate Fisher for having the nerve to pull god and they hate the real Titans fans for booing their idol. On the UT boards there are a ton of "get him out of Tennessee" posts since Sunday, like it's Fisher's fault he sucked.

If I were a Titans fan in Tennessee I would really hate all the UT morons rooting for that team. Actually I hate all the UT morons rooting for that team.
Kevin, your are the best TU alumnest, I know!!! you are the kinda folk that that I accept not unlike Earl. (Earl, was the baddest man, ever),.. BTW Kimberley and Keith are also very high up in my book of love for sips................
Old 09-24-2010   #19
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I did that in Madden once, and got over 800 yards rushing with Chris Johnson.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010   #20
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

Whatever the steelers D did 2 VY and CJ thats what we got to Copy to the T when we face the titans LOL
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read