Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-23-2010   #1
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34588 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Cowlishaw: Cowboys-Texans matchup means much more to Dallas this time

On whether this is a bigger game for the Cowboys or the Texans:
Much, much bigger for the Cowboys. For the Texans, it’s more an emotional thing for their fans who hate Dallas. That’s big, I understand, but a loss would leave Houston at 2-1. They would go on and compete with Indy for the division or for a wild-card spot. A loss to 0-3 for the Cowboys ends their season before the bye week gets here. Devastating and humiliating.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...11c1b0384.html

Old 09-23-2010   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cowlishaw: Cowboys-Texans matchup means much more to Dallas this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40 View Post
On whether this is a bigger game for the Cowboys or the Texans:
Much, much bigger for the Cowboys. For the Texans, it’s more an emotional thing for their fans who hate Dallas. That’s big, I understand, but a loss would leave Houston at 2-1. They would go on and compete with Indy for the division or for a wild-card spot. A loss to 0-3 for the Cowboys ends their season before the bye week gets here. Devastating and humiliating.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...11c1b0384.html

I'm all for it!!!

Not only that, but it would leave the Texans at 3-0 heading into Oakland, the week before Cush returns..... I like it!!
Old 09-23-2010   #3
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209570 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cowlishaw: Cowboys-Texans matchup means much more to Dallas this time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I'm all for it!!!

Not only that, but it would leave the Texans at 3-0 heading into Oakland, the week before Cush returns..... I like it!!
I really REALLY would like to see that. Being 4-0 when the Cush returns would be just perfect.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't argue with that. The Cowboys have an approximate 65% likelihood of missing the playoffs. If they go 0-3, I believe it jumps to above 80%. Any team that loses their first 3 games is pretty much a death sentence.

I think one thing working in the Texans favor (besides Reliant Stadium being louder than it's ever been before) is the way we won each of our games. The first one being a really good game with proper execution and pretty much dominating it. There were definitely some hiccups and Indy's missed catches so it wasn't enough to have our players thinking they're too hot stuff. The second game against Washington proved to the team themselves that they should never quit. That they have what it takes to come back and win a hard fought game. Play 60 is our motto, they proved to themselves that they are a really good team. They won two completely different ways an I think that will only help going into this weekend.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010   #5
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

I understand that being 0-3 puts you at a real disadvantage and gives you little hope for the playoffs, but with the NFC East looking wishy-washy this year, I think it would be possible for the Cowboys to lose and still be in the NFC East race if they could hand it to their division.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010   #6
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I really REALLY would like to see that. Being 4-0 when the Cush returns would be just perfect.
I think our team really has matured to the point that all they're focused on is Dallas. That anything can happen in any game. They're concentrating making themselves better and improving and not too worried about the other team... especially anyone past Dallas.

But you know what? We're fans... so we can do whatever we want!! Dallas then Oakland? Possibly 4-0. Cushing returns and we have the Giants and Chiefs both at home. As fans we have the privelage to look at this and think that we have a legitimate shot of being 6-0 going into our Bye week!!! Come out after that and we're at Indy on MNF. Daaang!
Old 09-23-2010   #7
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCD View Post
I understand that being 0-3 puts you at a real disadvantage and gives you little hope for the playoffs, but with the NFC East looking wishy-washy this year, I think it would be possible for the Cowboys to lose and still be in the NFC East race if they could hand it to their division.
That's not a bad point. Their out of conference schedule is pretty tough though. Besides playing AT Houston, they play AT Minnesota, AT Green Bay and AT Indianapolis. In addition to playing Host for New Orleans.
Sponsored links
Old 09-23-2010   #8
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's a possibility.

Before the preseason, I had expected the Cowboys to go deep into the playoffs but after seeing how lazy and poorly coached they looked, I bailed on the Cowboys.

0-3 isn't going to totally kill the Cowboys. They've got enough talent to bounce back from that. I just don't know if they have the intestinal fortitude to do it. They haven't shown any signs of it so far.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010   #9
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56069 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

What I hope is about to happen to the South Oklahoma Cowboys is illegal in 49 states.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010   #10
Jeff S.
Rookie

Rep Power: 42 Jeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
They won two completely different ways an I think that will only help going into this weekend.
Exactly right. And the sequence was important, too--better that they were a little ragged in their last game. Like someone else said, it'll be a good thing if Kubiak beats them over the head with that tape all week.
Jeff S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010   #11
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown2ATX View Post
What I hope is about to happen to the South Oklahoma Cowboys is illegal in 49 states.
This is completely random, but I live in Wichita Falls (official secondary market of the Cowboys and former training camp site) and I hate Oklahoma so much it pains me that I'm 15 minutes away. This always reminds me of the episode of King of the Hill where Hank tries to get the Cowboys to go to Arlen instead of here.

Thanks for reminding me I'm so close to Oklahoma though, I appreciate it.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010   #12
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56069 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is completely random, but I live in Wichita Falls (official secondary market of the Cowboys and former training camp site) and I hate Oklahoma so much it pains me that I'm 15 minutes away. This always reminds me of the episode of King of the Hill where Hank tries to get the Cowboys to go to Arlen instead of here.

Thanks for reminding me I'm so close to Oklahoma though, I appreciate it.

Sorry man....

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010   #13
VTexan
The Realist

Rep Power: 5771 VTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedVTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

This is why I'd feel much better coming into the game if the Cowboys were 1-1.
VTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010   #14
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTexan View Post
This is why I'd feel much better coming into the game if the Cowboys were 1-1.
I'm sorry but I don't follow? What's the reason?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010   #15
Section516 
Warrior

Rep Power: 7822 Section516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respectedSection516 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
I'm sorry but I don't follow? What's the reason?
They HAVE to win. 0-3 is pretty much a season right off. Its why you never really want to back an army into a corner where they can't retreat..They will fight till the end

Old 09-23-2010   #16
drs23 
Veteran

Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section516 View Post
They HAVE to win. 0-3 is pretty much a season right off. Its why you never really want to back an army into a corner where they can't retreat..They will fight till the end

Thank you. I have a bad case of the CRUD and am not my usual super superior sharp self

Old 09-23-2010   #17
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Thank you. I have a bad case of the CRUD and am not my usual super superior sharp self
Oh... that explains a lot...

The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010   #18
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
That's not a bad point. Their out of conference schedule is pretty tough though. Besides playing AT Houston, they play AT Minnesota, AT Green Bay and AT Indianapolis. In addition to playing Host for New Orleans.
Damn that's a brutal out of conference schedule.

Though Minnesota is struggling in a big way.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010   #19
drs23 
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Oh... that explains a lot...

Old 09-23-2010   #20
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

AFC edition of Playbook is on NFL network now...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read