Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-23-2010   #1
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Question Game-day Fan Policy: Etiquette?

I had a question that I figured could be answered here. What does everyone think about people standing during the game?

How much standing is too much for the people behind you?

Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010   #2
bignasty
Veteran

Section: BullPen 116 row N
Rep Power: 13 bignasty was voted MVPbignasty was voted MVPbignasty was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to bignasty Send a message via MSN to bignasty
Default Re: Game-day Fan Policy: Etiquette?

Well they should all stand the Entire Game - if you want to sit - watch it from your couch at HOME.

Sitting should only be during timeouts or halftime
bignasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010   #3
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 56069 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

They're at an NFL game not a Lakers game. If they are on the lower levels they need to realize they are where people will get rowdy.

For the posh sit down and talk experience they need to be in the upper levels or the box suites.

Just saying in general you don't want to be obnoxious and just stand the whole game, but there won't be all that much sitting either.

Into black waves I am sinking,Drowning away from the ghosts,Disappearing into eternity,Into the mirror of my soul,The pounding sound is mesmerizing
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010   #4
Kimmy 
RealGirls LvFB!

Section: 321
Rep Power: 18204 Kimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respectedKimmy is a quality contributor and well respected

The people that sit behind me asked for me to sit down once. I told her, better move your seats, 'cause I stand!

I said it nicely, and she never said anything again.

I am all for standing, yelling and cheering!
Old 09-23-2010   #5
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I am talking about the 500 level. people normally sit until there is a big play.

But during the Colts game my sister was told to sit down by some grumpy ass old man. So they got into a argument and I was kinda pissed to hear about it the next day.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010   #6
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208669 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

If I were ever asked to sit during the game, I'd reply (as politely as possible), "No, and if you need further confirmation, we can call an usher."
Old 09-23-2010   #7
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm in the 500 section where people sit. We stand and jump when the time is right.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-23-2010   #8
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 14907 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I am talking about the 500 level. people normally sit until there is a big play.

But during the Colts game my sister was told to sit down by some grumpy ass old man. So they got into a argument and I was kinda pissed to hear about it the next day.
I can see it kind of both ways. I think you should be able to do whatever you want, but at the same time, I don't think you should limit other people's enjoyment of the game. Who wrote a book on "how to be a good fan"? No one. If someone wants to cheer for the Texans sitting down, then by all means, I don't see why that should be looked down upon.

In this particular case, maybe the old guy doesn't want to stand all game. Perfectly reasonable. If someone was blocking my view, I'd politely ask them if they could sit. If they disagreed, then I might try to find some other solution. Obviously some sort of balancing act, but for fans to say that standing is for true fans, I'm not so sure. As long as you're cheering for the Texans, I have no problem with how you do it I suppose.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010   #9
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 7306 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
I'm in the 500 section where people sit. We stand and jump when the time is right.
Me too, and this has been my experience. I'm on the back row though so there isn't anyone to yell at me if I were to stand the entire game. Neener neener neener.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010   #10
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 17854 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

standing the whole game is irritating...hurts my back to stand that long anyways so i hope i'm sitting behind people who don't stand
Old 09-23-2010   #11
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17337 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
If I were ever asked to sit during the game, I'd reply (as politely as possible), "No, and if you need further confirmation, we can call an usher."
That did happen to me once. Guy told me to sit down (re: told), I told him no. Words were exchanged and he threatened to get an usher. I told him that was fine by me and we could discuss it with an usher. He left for a while, and returned to his seat. I stood for the rest of the game.

Also, note, prior to our confrontation, I was only standing on big plays like 3rd downs on defense, to celebrate scores, etc.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010   #12
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I only stand during big plays. But then again I think I'm more of one of the boring fans, I'm more cerebral and like to watch the play unfold. I.e. - I try and find the hole in the defense and where the WR is going to be vs. where he is now. I also like to watch the Lines to see who's doing their job and who's a weakness. For that it's better to be AT the game, and not watch it on TV. I like sitting, being comfortable and watching the game live... experiencing the atmosphere.

For those crucial 3rd Down and 4th Downs that we need a stop, I'll stand and yell. For me, it's usually what the section is doing. Kind of like driving on the highway. If other people are standing, I will stand so I can see. It doesn't bother me unless there are only two people standing 1-5 rows in front of me... then they just stick out and it's annoying as hell. I'm a pretty easy going guy and like being curteous... there's some older people that sit behind us in our section and it's not fair to make them stand a lot.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010   #13
stevn8r
Zombie

Section: 117 Row F 18-19
Rep Power: 196 stevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to stevn8r

I Chose to move from section 104 to the bullpen due to people complaining to me about standing and making too much noise!
I finally made a deal with them, I wouldn't whistle if they would stand and cheer when defense was on the field!
It worked out OK.
But now....STAND ALL GAME! WHISTLE MY ARSE OFF AND TAUNT OPPOSING TEAM FANS! AAHHH, I love this game! I love the Bullpen!
Old 09-23-2010   #14
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

This is a potential issue for us. We sit in the 2nd row up high. Be warned.. any pleas for us to sit down WILL fall on Deaf ears.

Old 09-23-2010   #15
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 106068 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
As I'm in the Bullpen, I simply show them the document on the Texans website ... http://www.houstontexans.com/fan-zone/bull-pen.html

Quote:
fans within the Bull Pen are encouraged to stand throughout the game, sing, cheer and otherwise support the team in an enthusiastic manner, and therefore this section may not be a good fit for children or families.
You'd rather sit? Why not watch from your house or a sports bar?
Old 09-23-2010   #16
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

Last year a guy told this girl that was in front of me to sit down. She looked back and started to sit. I looked at that guy like he lost his mind and told the girl to stand and yell as much as she wants. "Excuse me... could you please not cheer and get so excited..." Nope.. that just isn't gonna work at a Texans game. Stand up and get loud!!
Old 09-23-2010   #17
stevn8r
Zombie

Section: 117 Row F 18-19
Rep Power: 196 stevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to stevn8r

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
This is a potential issue for us. We sit in the 2nd row up high. Be warned.. any pleas for us to sit down WILL fall on Deaf ears.

Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are, that's funny!
Old 09-23-2010   #18
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209570 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I stand up in my apartment a lot, and I don't care what the couch or the coffee pot think about it.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010   #19
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Game-day Fan Policy: Etiquette?

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
You'd rather sit? Why not watch from your house or a sports bar?
To be fair, some people for various reasons cannot stand for a whole game....

As far as Etiquette I think you have to go with stadium rules, and outside of the Bullpen I'm not sure what Reliant's official policy is?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010   #20
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post

I would ask Thorn for an apology

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read