Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-22-2010   #1
EmDiggy
Veteran

Rep Power: 6533 EmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Football Gameplan's 2010 Week 3 Preview Video - Texans vs Cowboys

Texans vs Cowboys

Great Finish Last Week!! Good Luck this week!
EmDiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010   #2
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Football Gameplan's 2010 Week 3 Preview Video - Texans vs Cowboys

Nice work.

Our 3 TE's this week will probably be:
1- Daniels
2- Dreessen
3- Garrett Graham

James Casey is normally the #3 guy but he was injured against the Redskins.

Personally, I think that our offensive gameplan will be more like what we did against the Colts than what we did against the Redskins. I think we got away from our run game a little earlier than we would have liked with the Redskins because we'd gotten behind. I know it was the preseason, but when we played Dallas in the preseason, they had problems with Arian and through 3 quarters of play, he had over 100 yards. I think we'll be able to run on them and I think that's just going to open the passing game up that much more.

On the defensive side, we've got to bring more pressure like we did against the Colts. I felt like the first half against the Redskins, we were trying to be too disciplined to keep McNabb in the pocket and weren't trying to get after him enough. We've got to get after Romo like we got after Manning or Romo is going to put up some monster numbers against us.

Anyway, great preview. Thanks again.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010   #3
EmDiggy
Veteran

Rep Power: 6533 EmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Nice work.

1- Daniels
2- Dreessen
3- Garrett Graham

Personally, I think that our offensive gameplan will be more like what we did against the Colts than what we did against the Redskins. I think we got away from our run game a little earlier than we would have liked with the Redskins because we'd gotten behind. I know it was the preseason, but when we played Dallas in the preseason, they had problems with Arian and through 3 quarters of play, he had over 100 yards. I think we'll be able to run on them and I think that's just going to open the passing game up that much more.

On the defensive side, we've got to bring more pressure like we did against the Colts. I felt like the first half against the Redskins, we were trying to be too disciplined to keep McNabb in the pocket and weren't trying to get after him enough. We've got to get after Romo like we got after Manning or Romo is going to put up some monster numbers against us.

Anyway, great preview. Thanks again.
SWEET!! Thank again Pencil Neck.. I always enjoy and respect your take.. Good analysis always! You are right about the pressure.. the thing that will work in you guys' favor this week is that Romo is a little quick triggered when he senses pressure and his passes tend to flutter.. so that secondary should have at least 1 int
EmDiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010   #4
redwhiteANDblue
Color of Texans

Rep Power: 5007 redwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respectedredwhiteANDblue is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmDiggy View Post
so that secondary should have at least 1 int
I wouldnt count on it
redwhiteANDblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010   #5
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmDiggy View Post
SWEET!! Thank again Pencil Neck.. I always enjoy and respect your take.. Good analysis always! You are right about the pressure.. the thing that will work in you guys' favor this week is that Romo is a little quick triggered when he senses pressure and his passes tend to flutter.. so that secondary should have at least 1 int
To add to Pencil - not sure about the assertion Dallas will blitz more or better than Washington. Washington has twice as many sacks as Dallas and blitzed on half of the 2nd half plays against Houston.
Old 09-25-2010   #6
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
To add to Pencil - not sure about the assertion Dallas will blitz more or better than Washington. Washington has twice as many sacks as Dallas and blitzed on half of the 2nd half plays against Houston.
damn I didn't know that infantry and given Schaubs success when teams blitz ..I am assuming his QB rating (while a team blitzed) skyrocketed even higher

(I don't know where to find the link but I know someone posted his stats at one time)
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
damn I didn't know that infantry and given Schaubs success when teams blitz ..I am assuming his QB rating (while a team blitzed) skyrocketed even higher

(I don't know where to find the link but I know someone posted his stats at one time)
Yeah Schaub's QB rating is over 100 when blitzed (Manning's is something stupid like 124) and Schaub has the highest ypa at about 10.7 ypa of any QB.
Old 09-25-2010   #8
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Nice work.

1- Daniels
2- Dreessen
3- Garrett Graham

Casey is listed as probable...

Apparently his injury wasn't as severe as it was previously believed to be...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010   #9
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope the running game picks up tomorrow. I'd like to see some heavy doses of Foster and Slaton...

Also, I'm hoping that our DB's and LB's aren't letting the Dallas receivers and TE's go crazy on the back end...

I think Our line will get some pressure...We just have to hope that our secondary can make some plays as well...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010   #10
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

I hope Ward will get some carries.
Old 09-25-2010   #11
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
I hope Ward will get some carries.
Why would you want the 3rd string RB to get carries?
Old 09-25-2010   #12
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 129410 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
'Cause the Texans have a huge lead early?
Brain Cushing
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010   #13
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
'Cause the Texans have a huge lead early?
Well Slaton only got 6 carries against Indy. Contrary to all the RBBC talk, Kubiak tends to ride the hot hand with only minor relief time.
Old 09-25-2010   #14
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 54086 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was not looking at it like that. You know how Dallas uses Choice sometimes too. Hey, just a thought.
Old 09-25-2010   #15
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 353155 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Casey is listed as probable...

Apparently his injury wasn't as severe as it was previously believed to be...
Yeah. At the time I wrote that, Casey appeared to be out for this game.

But... there was some sort of miracle and he got better.

The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010   #16
gary
Hall of Fame

If Ward was signed to be a third string RB then it does not matter but I was just looking at him to change things up a little bit.
Old 09-25-2010   #17
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
If Ward was signed to be a third string RB then it does not matter but I was just looking at him to change things up a little bit.
It's always tempting to play with new toys but don't fix what ain't broke.
Old 09-25-2010   #18
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I was not looking at it like that. You know how Dallas uses Choice sometimes too. Hey, just a thought.
Most of the anaylists in this area think a problem with the Cowboys is that they spent too much time tinkering around with their lesser players versus letting those guys get touches and carries when the game allows for it. Right now, the cowboys need to be emulating what the Texans are doing not the other way.
Old 09-25-2010   #19
gary
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
Most of the anaylists in this area think a problem with the Cowboys is that they spent too much time tinkering around with their lesser players versus letting those guys get touches and carries when the game allows for it. Right now, the cowboys need to be emulating what the Texans are doing not the other way.
All good points and I agree.
Old 09-25-2010   #20
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Amen to that!!! We have enough to worry about with Brown, and possibly AS being out. This AIN'T the game to bring in the newbies!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read