Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Demeco: Making Bulletin Board Material

The Pencil Neck

Hall of Fame
Demeco quotes from HT.com:

It’s the next game for us and we’re trying to go out and get another win. I know it’s a big game for all of our fans around, and a lot of people want to see us beat the Cowboys, but I don’t care anything about the Cowboys.

(on what impresses him about the Dallas Cowboys)
Nothing really impresses me about it; I think this week we’re focusing on ourselves and what we have to do better. I’m not really focusing on what the Cowboys have done. We’re just correcting mistakes that we had in our game against Washington, things that we can get better on and find a way to get turnovers. That’s our main focus on ourselves.

(on whether there is any extra energy on the sideline when he’s playing Dallas)
Nope. I’m not getting all pumped up just because it’s the Cowboys and this and that. It’s about the Texans; it’s not about the Cowboys. A lot of people try to make a big deal about the Cowboys coming in here and this and that. Well, what about us? What about our team? What about the Texans? I’m not worried about the Cowboys.

Is Demeco developing a bit of a Pollard type of edge?

I don't think there is much here that could get on to a bulletin board. The Cowboys should have all the motivation in the world to win each and every game, im sure staring at 0 and 3 in the face will make them come out like a bat out of hell. Were at home, the crowd will be LOUD, and our team will play hard. We should win the game.

Texans fans are one thing.. Players are a totally different subject.

Texans fans getting a bit arrogant doesnt bother opposing teams. Players on the other hand can ignite a team. There is no reason for Demeco to get that defense stirred up. Win or lose the game if the Cowboys defense decides Matt Schaub isnt finishing the game it can happen. The Texans will either have backup LT or a guy who isnt in football shape protecting Matt Schaubs blind side. Its not a good idea to piss off the other guys or appear to be kicking a team when its down.

The Texans cant handle an injured, banged up or rattled Schaub.

I dont think Demeco said anything bad, but he was on the edge of sayin it. Demeco always impresses me because he just keeps his mouth shut and does his job. He is a top LB because of it. I sure hope the Texans DONT take on Pollards traits and start running their mouths. Pollard is a nice player but he isnt elite. He hits hard, but he couldnt cover me.

The Texans just need to be above the trash talking and just play football.

Last edited:
The Texans will either have a rookie LT or a guy who isnt in football shape protecting Matt Schaubs blind side. Its not a good idea to piss off the other guys or appear to be kicking a team when its down.

Who is this "rookie" LT you're talking about?

Rashad Butler is a 5 year vet. He was on the same college OLine with Chris Myers and Eric Winston. He's been our main swing tackle for a couple of years now and was the second tackle backup behind Salaam and Brown during Brown's rookie season.

Texans fans getting a bit arrogant doesnt bother opposing teams. Players on the other hand can ignite a team. There is no reason for Demeco to get that defense stirred up. Win or lose the game if the Cowboys defense decides Matt Schaub isnt finishing the game it can happen. The Texans will either have backup LT or a guy who isnt in football shape protecting Matt Schaubs blind side. Its not a good idea to piss off the other guys or appear to be kicking a team when its down.

I dont think Demeco said anything bad, but he was on the edge of sayin it. Demeco always impresses me because he just keeps his mouth shut and does his job. He is a top LB because of it. I sure hope the Texans DONT take on Pollards traits and start running their mouths. Pollard is a nice player but he isnt elite. He hits hard, but he could cover me.

What exactly did Demeco say that was borderline? He is just saying he is focused on his team and no one else. Pollard is a strong safety, they are known more for supporting the run than their cover skills. I agree he isn't elite but then again who besides Ed Reed and Troy P is an elite safety. Pollards a playmaker, something this team needs badly.

I agree with the Schaub statement, he does not need to get beat up, or hit. I think after watching last week he is not the man to get flustered either. He is actually dare I say it, tough. On 4th and 10 and with Orakpo closing in he stepped up and threw the pass knowingly that he was about to get crushed. Matt is an elite QB in this league and I loved the fact that he was falling before taking sacks. Smart man.

I don't think he's giving the opposing team bulletin board material. I took it as basically we just need to handle our business and play within ourselves. "We got to get better and improve and worry about what we want to do" type thing.

We have heard that same type of talk before when were losing games as well. Maybe there was more swagger inferred, I am just going off his comments in this thread though.

Demeco is a very smart person and an outstanding leader, I'd be suprised if he stepped outside of that in an environment in which he would be quoted.

Demeco is hardly running his mouth. Nowhere in his comments does he say anything negative about the Cowboys. He’s just making a point that they are treating this like any other game and not buying into the hype. Would be hard for the Cowboys to use that as motivation – they have their own problems at the moment which should provide them ammo to be fired up for this game.

I was looking at the Trueblue forums(always like surfing other team's boards) and they claim on 97.9 the box that Andre Johnson GUARANTEED victory.

If true, there is your Bulletin Board Material.

I am kind of skeptical, I can't recall Johnson as saying anything media worthy since he has been with the Texans about another team.

If true, expect a big game this Sunday.

Matt Schaub earned his money last week. If there is anyone out there that still wondered about whether he was tough or not he closed that book. he took a lot of punishment.

What I mean by borderline is that Demeco plays off the Cowboys like they are no big deal. That nothing impresses him about them.

To me, Demeco has basically said: I don't care about the Cowboys. They're nothing to me. I'm not worried about them.

And, to me, that's almost the ultimate put-down.

If he wanted to be respectful, which Demeco almost always is, he should talk about how talented they are and how the Texans will have to be very careful with them and blah blah blah. But he doesn't. His casualness is much more an indictment than running off your mouth.

If I was a Cowboy player, I'd be thinking, "Well, you BETTER start worrying about me, muthafsker." But, I guess that's just me.

To me, Demeco has basically said: I don't care about the Cowboys. They're nothing to me. I'm not worried about them.

Hearing his tone and inflection would help, but I read it as "we are just concentrating on us," which is execution, rather than game planning the heck out of the Cowboys.

I dont think Demeco said anything bad, but he was on the edge of sayin it. Demeco always impresses me because he just keeps his mouth shut and does his job. He is a top LB because of it. I sure hope the Texans DONT take on Pollards traits and start running their mouths. Pollard is a nice player but he isnt elite. He hits hard, but he couldnt cover me.

1. Rashard Butler has been in the League for some years and battled with a stomach problem that wasn't fixed properly until her came to our organization. And now he's good, and isn't going to be that big a difference in our pass game, because we will have plays around that. That's what coaches do.

2. Matt Schaub was sacked 5 times last game with 9 hurries and some knock downs. Threw for 497 yards. 3 TD to 3 the 3 different receivers he practices with every day.

3. Demeco didn't say anything different than what players say every day. Except this team, our team, is on one page. And that page is progress, adapt, and overcome. They're aren't worried about what other teams do. This team came back from a 17 point deficit in 1 1/2 Qrtr and .You could say the Redskins blew the lead, but this team FINALLY knows how to close games. And NOW they know how to keep their composure and come back from behind, something the Texans in the passed weren't very good at.

I agree with Demeco. We're not seeing anything different in the Cowboys that we didn't see week 1 or 2. We had a lack of execution that led to big plays for the Redskins. Fix them and make ourselves a better team.

I think the Cowboys are tired. Tired of Wade Phillips standing around with that Capers look on his face. Tired of Romo and his inability to be consistently OK instead of great one play and a bonehead the next play. They come off as a worn down bunch of guys who have the OLD Texans mindset: "Oh great, here we go again."

They are still dangerous. But I like that DeMeco is basically saying that we're to the point now that it's about us and not about them. He's saying we're just looking at how much we can better US and not on how to get caught up in the emotions of this game.

Plus, I don't think any amount of bulletin board material is going to give them more of an edge. They actually should think like DeMeco thinks, and focus on themselves.

If anything, the Cowboys should bring him in as a motivational speaker. LOL.

I don't think it will have much if any effect. DeMeco is not known for talking much at all. I think the Cowboys are in "Worry about ourselves first" mode as well. That's what makes them dangerous.

Hearing his tone and inflection would help, but I read it as "we are just concentrating on us," which is execution, rather than game planning the heck out of the Cowboys.

Demeco isn't the type of player to trash talk, he does his trash talking on the field.

What exactly are the Cowboys going to put up on the bulletin board to get them fired up?

Maybe I just missed it, but I don't see anything there...

All he basically said was that Dallas was just another team, and he's not extra fired up for the game just because it's Dallas...They're not worried about wha tDallas has going on, just worrying about themselves...

:shrug:

What exactly are the Cowboys going to put up on the bulletin board to get them fired up?

All he basically said was that Dallas was just another team, and he's not extra fired up for the game just because it's Dallas...They're not worried about wha tDallas has going on, just worrying about themselves...

Exactly.

Dallas is just another team.

Dallas isn't special.

Dallas isn't something we need to worry about.

All he basically said was that Dallas was just another team, and he's not extra fired up for the game just because it's Dallas...They're not worried about what Dallas has going on, just worrying about themselves...

I agree 100% Demeco is not a trash talker and the reporter was obviously trying to get him to say something bad about the cowgirls. Basically, all he said was we're just worrying about our team and playing someone like the cowboys (a non-divisional, non-conference home game) has nothing to do with how well we play.

I'm glad to hear that our captains are focused on playing well and not the cowboys

Exactly.

Dallas is just another team.

Dallas isn't special.

Dallas isn't something we need to worry about.

Ok.

All I got from it though was him saying that this game doesn't mean to him, what it means to a lot of fans...Basically, he's not frothing at the mouth to beat Dallas because they're Dallas anymore than he was frothing at the mouth to beat Washington because they're Washington.

I don't see any thing that he said, that someone on the cowboys can look at and say that he is disrespecting us.

He just isn't getting into the hype of the game. He's staying within himself and worrying about how he and his teammates can get better.

He's saying that he isn't caught up in the Cowboys 0-2 bull that is everywhere at the moment. He is worried about his own team, and making sure that they come into the game like any other.

The players aren't going to Disneyland for winning this game, so they're not acting like it holds that significance.

Source: the garbage the Cowboys produce with there Jerrycentric media circus of QB's girlfriends, overdoses and lack of team harmony.

Back