Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-21-2010   #1
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Parking Pass price gouging

Wow, I just saw a yellow parking pass on craigslist for $160 and a platium pass for $300....just ridiculous!

I know our yellow passes are $15. What is the face value for platium?
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010   #2
Bull Pen 1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1621 Bull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Parking Pass price gouging

$45.00
Bull Pen 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010   #3
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yellow lot is $18 per game but I can't freakin believe people are charging this much just to park!!
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010   #4
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellerLotYeller View Post
Wow, I just saw a yellow parking pass on craigslist for $160 and a platium pass for $300....just ridiculous!

I know our yellow passes are $15. What is the face value for platium?
Actually... yellow is $18.
Old 09-21-2010   #5
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

$18....my bad.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010   #6
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

I have a yellow pass now for the Girls game. I am planning on using it however if someone wants to give me $150 for it I will be happy to do park and ride.

edit: actually I was joking. A board member gave me a fair deal on what I have so I would not turn around and sell it. Now if it were my pass I would have no problem doing park and ride if someone wanted to shell out crazy money.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010   #7
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1157 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I have a yellow pass now for the Girls game. I am planning on using it however if someone wants to give me $150 for it I will be happy to do park and ride.

edit: actually I was joking. A board member gave me a fair deal on what I have so I would not turn around and sell it. Now if it were my pass I would have no problem doing park and ride if someone wanted to shell out crazy money.
Thats what I'm doing. I always wanted to ride the train to the stadium.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-22-2010   #8
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Parking Pass price gouging

Wait until the year after we make the playoffs.

Right after 2-14 I rarely saw parking or season tickets drop below face.

PSL's were still 3x or 6x original purchase price.

My friends are lucky, as long as they participate in my tailgate, I'll sell for face plus a share of the parking costs.

Kinda' forcing my friends to hang out with me
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010   #9
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post

My friends are lucky, as long as they participate in my tailgate, I'll sell for face plus a share of the parking costs.

That's how I force my wife into hanging with me... she loves football and if I don't renew my tickets she will find someone who will...
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010   #10
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Now That is Funny
Old 09-22-2010   #11
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Truth. I bought my PSL's halfway thru 2006 (or '07 can't remember) season and the best deal I could find was still pricey.
Old 09-22-2010   #12
BobbleTexan
Rookie

Rep Power: 13 BobbleTexan was voted MVPBobbleTexan was voted MVPBobbleTexan was voted MVPBobbleTexan was voted MVPBobbleTexan was voted MVP

That is ridiculous, but if someone is that desperate.....let them be the one.....I think riding the train would be way to go.....downtown train or cab would be way to go........
BobbleTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010   #13
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post

Glad you edited. I saw the original post and didn't like it much. Sure, I understand about losers weepers. I generally don't care if you resell but do realize that I specifically didn't list my tickets elsewhere because I figured it'd be my best chance to ensure they go to a Texans fan. So I lost a little extra money but it was worth it considering. I do not want to lose face with my seat mates by having an opposing fan in my seats. I have great seat neighbors. All I ask is that you at least keep 'em Texan if you sell. It'd be real crummy if a patty fan ended up there. Real crummy.

As for the parking pass... sell it to whomever! More power to you.
Old 09-22-2010   #14
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

300 for platinum? no chit. I'll sell mine for 300 and park at the hotel and walk.
Old 09-22-2010   #15
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 87068 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Glad you edited. I saw the original post and didn't like it much. Sure, I understand about losers weepers. I generally don't care if you resell but do realize that I specifically didn't list my tickets elsewhere because I figured it'd be my best chance to ensure they go to a Texans fan. So I lost a little extra money but it was worth it considering. I do not want to lose face with my seat mates by having an opposing fan in my seats. I have great seat neighbors. All I ask is that you at least keep 'em Texan if you sell. It'd be real crummy if a patty fan ended up there. Real crummy.

As for the parking pass... sell it to whomever! More power to you.
Nitro, I appreciate what you did for us and of course I would not turn around and sell your tickets. Actually I was only referring to the parking pass and I was just joking about that. We will be parking in Yellow.

I bought these tickets for 2 of my friends that wanted badly to acompany me to Houston. One is originally from Houston and is a huge Texans fan. The other is originally from Beaumont and likes both teams. Both guys are respectable and in their 50's so you don't have to worry about them embarrassing you.

Preston (Bullpen 1) was kind enough to offer me a ticket weeks ago and I am going to be with him in the Bull Pen. I thought I was going to have to drive down there alone which I don't care for doing. Now thanks to you I am bringing 2 of my close friends. We are all very excited and my friends are very aware that they are only able to go because of a generous member of Texans Talk.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010   #16
Dr2bKay
All Pro

Section: 116 Bull Pen Baby
Rep Power: 379 Dr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respectedDr2bKay is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
300 for platinum? no chit. I'll sell mine for 300 and park at the hotel and walk.
I know right....

Do people really buy the platinum for those prices?
Dr2bKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010   #17
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Parking Pass price gouging

Maybe next year after we win the Super Bowl maybe I'll scalp everything and stay at home
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010   #18
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Maybe next year after we win the Super Bowl maybe I'll scalp everything and stay at home
reminds me of when I lived in Durango CO. The billionaires were driving out all the millionaires.
Old 09-23-2010   #19
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew6 View Post
reminds me of when I lived in Durango CO. The billionaires were driving out all the millionaires.
A billionaire drove you out? All the way to Texas?
Old 09-24-2010   #20
charterTexanfan
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 charterTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedcharterTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedcharterTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedcharterTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedcharterTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedcharterTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedcharterTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedcharterTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedcharterTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedcharterTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedcharterTexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

hey, I'd hang out with you for tix at face value. like a dumbass I didn't go ahead and buy season tix when the boss gave me okay. now my other connect is crawfishing and I'm going to have to watch from the living room if something doesn't come up pretty quick. I do make some famous pico de gallo I could bring......... goes great with breakfast burritos, or beans, or chips......

I wouldn't even talk about your accent.
charterTexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Tickets, Memorabilia and Gear
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read