Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-20-2010   #1
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 54609 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Cowgirl's Blogger Shows Incredible Ignorance

Cowboys Corner

Quote:
Eight years ago Jerry Jones admittedly bawled like a baby after his Cowboys were upset by the expansion Houston Texans at brand new Reliant Stadium in the first game of the season.

What was more upsetting to the owner, being embarrassed on national television or the realization that third-year head coach Dave Campo wasn’t the guy who would turn the team around, nobody is really quite sure of. Odds are, probably a bit of both.

....... more stupid stuff, here is where it gets good
Yes, Gary Kubiak does have the edge on Wade Phillips in the category of number of seasons at the helm. Kubiak is in his fifth year with the Texans while this is Phillips’ fourth in Dallas. Don’t feel sympathetic in any way toward Phillips though. His Cowboys have more talent on their roster than Houston ever thought of having. The Cowboys have a better quarterback, better running backs, and more receiving threats. Defensively, the advantage goes to the Cowboys by a considerable margin.

more stupid stuff
Old 09-21-2010   #2
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19932 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Cowgirl's Blogger Shows Incredible Ignorance

Baaaahahahahahahaha!!!
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010   #3
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I think I'll just wait for the score at the end of the game before making judgement.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010   #4
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 12913 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just some twobit hack 'reporter' who can't get his own head far enough out of his ass to write anything worth reading.

Would suggest not reading that drivel.
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010   #5
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29607 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

People in Dallas generally refuse to admit that there is a city three hours south of them called Houston. They also refuse to admit that there are a billion or so other people on the planet besides themselves.

So, give that blogger a break. How are they expected to know we have one of the best wide recieving corps in the NFL? They live in a bubble called Dallas, and that's the only place that matters.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010   #6
TexansForTheW
Veteran

Rep Power: 324 TexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh man. I think I almost threw up reading that.
TexansForTheW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010   #7
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Same reason people always pick the cowpies as superbowl favorites every preseason......I believe the word delusional sums it up.
Old 09-21-2010   #8
TexansForTheW
Veteran

Rep Power: 324 TexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Same reason people always pick the cowpies as superbowl favorites every preseason......I believe the word delusional sums it up.
I don't get it at all.
TexansForTheW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010   #9
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

There are a few places where the cowboys are better/have more depth than us.

Their Cb's are pretty good, and they have a deep group of RB's...

Other than that I can't really think of a place where they just pwn us talent wise.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010   #10
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Wait, there are people outside of Dallas? They must sit in trees and throw poo at each other, because they can't be more sophisticated than people from Dallas.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010   #11
Brisco_County
Texans worthy

Rep Power: 81301 Brisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respectedBrisco_County is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't like the Cowboys, but I think Dallas has more talent at the receiver position. Andre is better than any of them, though, and Jacoby is at least better than Roy Williams. I also think they have the best RB corps in the league, but they're clueless about how to use them. Tashard Choice should be the starter. Their O-line is crap, Romo is a talented and smart man, but isn't QB leadership material like Schaub, and Jason Witten isn't as good as Owen Daniels.

Our pass rush wasn't better than theirs last year, but it is now. We would have better LB's overall if Cushing were active. With the huge exception of Pollard, they have better DB's.

But our coach and our team are better than theirs, so we'll win this one.
Brisco_County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010   #12
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 76755 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
People in Dallas generally refuse to admit that there is a city three hours south of them called Houston. They also refuse to admit that there are a billion or so other people on the planet besides themselves.

So, give that blogger a break. How are they expected to know we have one of the best wide recieving corps in the NFL? They live in a bubble called Dallas, and that's the only place that matters.
The feeling is mutual towards Dallas. In fact I consider Dallas a suburb of Oklahoma.

Dallas is Oklahoma's Canada.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010   #13
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
I think I'll just wait for the score at the end of the game before making judgement.
The Texans have quite a few more games before I believe they're "there."
So far, so good for sure. Déme más. Quiero una victoria especialmente en
contra de los vaqueros.

Ya'll Texans need to step ya'lls Spanish game up. I've been dabblin' with it
for a while, and it's NICE.

GO TEXANS
Old 09-21-2010   #14
MoCityBull
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 0 MoCityBull is a quality contributor and well respectedMoCityBull is a quality contributor and well respectedMoCityBull is a quality contributor and well respectedMoCityBull is a quality contributor and well respectedMoCityBull is a quality contributor and well respectedMoCityBull is a quality contributor and well respectedMoCityBull is a quality contributor and well respectedMoCityBull is a quality contributor and well respectedMoCityBull is a quality contributor and well respectedMoCityBull is a quality contributor and well respectedMoCityBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
contra de los vaqueros.

GO TEXANS

U meant vaqueras?!...
MoCityBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010   #15
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

We're coming off 9, 8,and 8 win seasons. The Cowboys are coming off 11, 9, and 13 win seasons. Even though they're 0-2 right now, they have just been killing themselves with mental mistakes and bad play calling. There's an argument that they're a more talented team than we are... even though I don't personally believe that.

If the Redskins game taught me nothing else, I'm not going to get too happy about our chances against the Cowboys until we actually beat them.

I think we can run on them and I think we can pass on them. I think that we'll be a lot more blitz happy against them than we were against McNabb but Romo, Austen, and Witten can put up some numbers. I think we can shut down their running game.

I think we win this one. I hope we win it big. But I'm not going to call someone delusional for thinking that the Cowboys have more talent at some positions or if they like their players more than they like ours.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010   #16
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
contra de los vaqueros.

GO TEXANS
I agree completely, I want more too!
Old 09-22-2010   #17
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
contra de los vaqueros.

GO TEXANS
Dude your in America Speak English

Cowboys Suck

Last edited by Joe Texan; 09-22-2010 at 01:14 AM. Reason: Cause I Can
Joe Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010   #18
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6986 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco_County View Post
I don't like the Cowboys, but I think Dallas has more talent at the receiver position. Andre is better than any of them, though, and Jacoby is at least better than Roy Williams. I also think they have the best RB corps in the league, but they're clueless about how to use them. Tashard Choice should be the starter. Their O-line is crap, Romo is a talented and smart man, but isn't QB leadership material like Schaub, and Jason Witten isn't as good as Owen Daniels.

Our pass rush wasn't better than theirs last year, but it is now. We would have better LB's overall if Cushing were active. With the huge exception of Pollard, they have better DB's.

But our coach and our team are better than theirs, so we'll win this one.

I have been saying this and will continue, I don't think anyone in the league has better WR's than us...including the 0-2 cowboys.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010   #19
zanth91
Rookie

Section: 327
Rep Power: 271 zanth91 is a quality contributor and well respectedzanth91 is a quality contributor and well respectedzanth91 is a quality contributor and well respectedzanth91 is a quality contributor and well respectedzanth91 is a quality contributor and well respectedzanth91 is a quality contributor and well respectedzanth91 is a quality contributor and well respectedzanth91 is a quality contributor and well respectedzanth91 is a quality contributor and well respectedzanth91 is a quality contributor and well respectedzanth91 is a quality contributor and well respected

They're in for quite a surprise on Sunday if this is really how they think of us.
Old 09-22-2010   #20
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Me too. No Duane Brown vs. Demarcus Ware makes this game start to look pretty even.

Alot of the Cowboy fans I talk to aren't being their normal cocky self this week.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read