Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 03-21-2005   #1
Dunta_23
All Pro

Default A Question about a mock

Im in a Mock Draft on another site and I am drafting for the Texans, I moved up to # 2 by trading #13 and #73 to Miami......who should I select @ 2....

DJ
Ronnie Brown
Cedric Benson
Mike Williams
Braylon Edwards
Pac Man
Antrel?

Or should I re-trade down.......Im sure a lot of ppl will have a lot to say...seeing a lot of ppl want the Texans to trade up
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005   #2
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

DJ...Don't think, just do it...

That Miami GM must've been desperate to move down if you didn't even have to give up a 2nd rounder...
Old 03-21-2005   #3
royce1054
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to royce1054 Send a message via Yahoo to royce1054

lol you would have to give up more than just the 13 and what was it the 73rd pick. THeir is a rating that usually go by.

#2= 2600 ratings

#13= 1150
#47= 430
#73= 225
#78= 200

are you seeing where i am going with this.
royce1054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005   #4
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

If u got a steal like that I say it's a no brainer that you go with DJ. He'd be a great addition to the defense.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005   #5
Dunta_23
All Pro

I think Im going to go with DJ.....although I want a top tier RB, and CB....its tough @ #2

I also picked up a late 2nd rounder for Jamie Sharper....

So my picks are:
#2 Overall
Texans 2nd Rounder
#63 Overall
#78 Overall

It is only a 3 round mock so I figure with 3 picks in the 1st 2 rounds I should be ok. Any thoughts on what my 2nd's and 3rd should be?

Baas?
Spencer?
a RB?
CB?
WR???
Old 03-22-2005   #6
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunta_23
Im in a Mock Draft on another site and I am drafting for the Texans, I moved up to # 2 by trading #13 and #73 to Miami......who should I select @ 2....

DJ
Ronnie Brown
Cedric Benson
Mike Williams
Braylon Edwards
Pac Man
Antrel?

Or should I re-trade down.......Im sure a lot of ppl will have a lot to say...seeing a lot of ppl want the Texans to trade up
You answered your own question. With the 7 players you aren't sure who to chose from, you can trade down with Arizona - who's in discussion with Cleveland to move up to #3 and get an RB if you buy the rumors. Get back your 3rd rounder (and even upgrade it a bit) from AZ and you still have a great shot at DJ at #8. Even if you don't get him, one or more of the players you can't choose between have to be there, even in a worst case scenario, and you've still improved your 3rd rounder by several picks vs. when you were at #13.

P.S. To all you value chart folks, I said third rounder because it guarantees AZ trades with you over Cleveland. Yes, second would obviously be a more desirable deal.
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005   #7
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I think Im going to go with DJ.....although I want a top tier RB, and CB....its tough @ #2

So my picks are:
#2 Overall
Texans 2nd Rounder
#63 Overall
#78 Overall

It is only a 3 round mock so I figure with 3 picks in the 1st 2 rounds I should be ok. Any thoughts on what my 2nd's and 3rd should be?

Baas?
Spencer?
a RB?
CB?
WR???
I'd be shocked if Baas made it to #47. Less shocked if NT Luis Castillo was there, who'd be a great pick. Demarcus Ware, Darryl Blackstock or Matt Roth might slide that low, and they're all first round talent at a need position. There's probably still a CB that would be first round any other year available at #47, too. Spencer ... if you can get him at #63 he's good value at a big need position. NT CJ Moseley at #63 would be another steal if you didn't get Castillo. RB Fason will be gone by #63, but if he's not, you have to take him on principle At #78, well, it's hard to say how the chips will fall, but a couple of good picks that might slide to that range would be TE Kevin Everett, RB Morency, DE Bill Swancutt. Yes, I know all these guys should be second rounders - that's why they're great picks mid-third.
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-23-2005   #8
Dunta_23
All Pro

Default more input??

anybody have any more input, I thought ppl would want to voice their opinions on something like this....seeing we all love being GM's......
Old 03-23-2005   #9
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

So my picks are:
#2 Overall
Texans 2nd Rounder
#63 Overall
#78 Overall

Baas?
Spencer?
a RB?
CB?
WR???
I think these guys would make great value picks.

#2 Overall - Derrick Johnson, OLB, Texas / Mike Williams, WR, USC
#47 - Demarcus Ware, DE, Troy / Chris Canty, DE, Virginia
#63 Overall - Eric Shelton, RB, Louisville / Logan Mankins, OG, Fresno St.
#78 Overall - Roscoe Parrish, WR, Miami (FL) / Matt Jones, WR-TE, Arkansas
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005   #10
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Braylon Edwards would be a awesome pick for the Texans, talk about match-up problems along with AJ this would be the best WR duo in the entire NFL
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005   #11
Dunta_23
All Pro

More input ?????
Old 04-06-2005   #12
Dunta_23
All Pro

Default DJ selected

I selected DJ at # 2.

any more input for my 2nd and 3rd round picks guys??
Old 04-06-2005   #13
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 572 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

you should have pick r brown m williams or b edwards and traded back into the first to get and olb thats what i woudl have done
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005   #14
Dunta_23
All Pro

No trades allowed once draftign started and nobody wanted to trade out of round 1
Old 04-06-2005   #15
The Preacher
Veteran

I like the idea of trading up with our 1st and 3rd and then trading back down for more picks. I never really thought about this but if there were a time you could do this it would be this year. It probably won't cost as much to move up this year and then you could hope to catch somebody desperate to give up more than they should. If not it didn't cost too much to get a big impact guy.
The Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005   #16
royce1054
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to royce1054 Send a message via Yahoo to royce1054

Please dont talk about trading up. It doesnt make much sense to me. We need too much depth at too many positions. To give up a 3rd is almost unspeakable. I think through the top 4 rounds you can find quality depth i wouldnt doubt we can get a sleeper in the 5th. I pray everynight we trade down and get more picks through the 1st 4 rounds.
royce1054 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read