Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2010   #1
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan
 
FirstTexansFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: New Braunfels, Tx.
Age: 56
Posts: 2,311
Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan
Default Negativity Affecting Our Team!

I noticed yesterday while following the game day thread, that as negative postings were made the team was directly affected on the field. So I broke out my posting decibel meter to check the results. I don't like making false accusations, and needed scientific proof.







As you can see, the meter was at a flat zero to begin the game, and guess what? Our team was flat as well. Then out of nowhere, I saw SheTexan make a positive post. It was followed up by one by me, then others joined in, and look at the results.









From this, I've determined, bad karma is causing the misfortunes on the field. The powers of positive thinking can overcome this, so jump on the Kool-Aid train, it's ok to LOVE your team again.

(Endorsed by Hervoyel)

__________________
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010   #2
Texas T
Hall of Fame
 
Texas T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wichita, KS
Age: 42
Posts: 1,777
Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Negativity Affecting Our Team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
I noticed yesterday while following the game day thread, that as negative postings were made the team was directly affected on the field. So I broke out my posting decibel meter to check the results. I don't like making false accusations, and needed scientific proof.







As you can see, the meter was at a flat zero to begin the game, and guess what? Our team was flat as well. Then out of nowhere, I saw SheTexan make a positive post. It was followed up by one by me, then others joined in, and look at the results.









From this, I've determined, bad karma is causing the misfortunes on the field. The powers of positive thinking can overcome this, so jump on Kool-Aid train, it's ok to LOVE your team again.

(Endorsed by Hervoyel)

FYI-There was very, very little negativity coming from the large amount of Texans fans in the stadium.

I was jokingly asked by a Redskins fan near me if I was ready to leave yet (when we were down by 17). I politely asked if the game was over yet?

I never heard from him again as the game wound to the conclusion. Also, 'Skins fans were rolling out the door with about 10 min left in the 3rd (I could see one of the main gates from my seat) because they were so confident in their ability to handle us...well they were wrong!!

Go TEXANS!!
Texas T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame
 
HJam72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Over here.
Age: 41
Posts: 11,546
Rep Power: 74306 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Negativity Affecting Our Team!

I was just reminding Maria to put her skirt on.
__________________

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010   #4
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan
 
FirstTexansFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: New Braunfels, Tx.
Age: 56
Posts: 2,311
Rep Power: 30093 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan
Default Re: Negativity Affecting Our Team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I was just reminding Maria to put her skirt on.
It's ok to abuse Maria, it's all that motivates the little wuss
__________________
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010   #5
RTP2110
Hall of Fame
 
RTP2110's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Atascocita
Age: 34
Posts: 3,016
Rep Power: 6845 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Negativity Affecting Our Team!

If you want to do something fun, go back and re-read the gameday thread after the fact. It's funny reading all the stuff that gets posted in the spur of the moment. (It gets really good when Kubiak punts in OT)
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010   #6
GP 
Go Texans!
 
GP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: TEXAS!
Posts: 17,747
Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Negativity Affecting Our Team!

I purposefully left the Gameday Thread (heck, I shut my laptop off completely) because of the nature of the situation.

Once it hits that critical stage of the game coming down to a last play, or if it goes to overtime, I jump off the message board. I close it down. And I sit and watch the game alone.

When we closed the gap, I figured "Well, at least they aren't going to get blown out." Then, I can't remember when it was (at what point in the game it was) but I had that little sensation in me that said "We're going to come back and win this thing."

That was when I jumped off the message board and got into my ritual of just watching the game alone. Because if we lose, I don't want to have been on the board whining and moaning and hearing others do the same thing. I'd rather be mad alone, instead of having others help me figure out NEW ways to be mad. LOL.

I know that I lose a little bit of that specialness of being able to share the "in the moment" type stuff by not being on here during times like that. But the flip side is that I don't have to see what others type and be tempted to go into Hulk mode and look for things to smash.

All in all, even if we had lost, it was nice to see that Schaub hasn't lost his touch. After the first game, and after the first half of the Skins game, I was nervous that Schaub might crater under the expectations the whole NFL world has put on him (due to his awesome year last season). once he began to get into the groove, I was going to be able to handle the loss because I knew that things would be right by next Sunday.

What a game. It's been a draining two weeks. And if we smash the Cowboys, it's going to be out of this world crazy. Super Bowl teams find a way to win that Skins game the way we won it yesterday. That's the mark of a special group of players, IMO.

It's no longer Kubiak's show. He's not rowing the boat anymore. He's just sitting back, watching it all take place. Does anybody else get that feeling? As if they all know what they SHOULD do and they end up actually doing it on their own? Even JJ, God love him, found a way to make the most important catch of the game (or at least HIS most important catch).
__________________
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010   #7
hradhak
Site Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,599
Rep Power: 8443 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Negativity Affecting Our Team!

I'm gonna take blame for the crappy first half. I didn't have my jersey on until halftime. Rookie mistake. It won't happen again.

Oh yeah, and the jersey isn't getting washed until we lose.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-20-2010   #8
Texas T
Hall of Fame
 
Texas T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Wichita, KS
Age: 42
Posts: 1,777
Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Negativity Affecting Our Team!

GP-I'd give rep if I could...must spread...

You summed up my feeling exactly.
I was at the game and was holding my breath for the whole fourth quarter.
I was pissed when they didn't at least try the 52 yd FG in OT...I saw a post on the Chron.com and someone said that Rackers had passed a kidney stone before the game (not sure if it's true or not) and that would explain it-he really would not have made it.

I'm sure this board would be lit up if they lost after not trying it but...well we all know the outcome.

All I can think is that in any previous year this team would have given up at half time and lost. I loved seeing Schaub getting mad and yelling at people...this is going to be a fun ride regardless of the outcome.

GO TEXANS!!!
Texas T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010   #9
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising
 
spurstexanstros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 1,712
Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Negativity Affecting Our Team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I purposefully left the Gameday Thread (heck, I shut my laptop off completely) because of the nature of the situation.

Once it hits that critical stage of the game coming down to a last play, or if it goes to overtime, I jump off the message board. I close it down. And I sit and watch the game alone.

When we closed the gap, I figured "Well, at least they aren't going to get blown out." Then, I can't remember when it was (at what point in the game it was) but I had that little sensation in me that said "We're going to come back and win this thing."

That was when I jumped off the message board and got into my ritual of just watching the game alone. Because if we lose, I don't want to have been on the board whining and moaning and hearing others do the same thing. I'd rather be mad alone, instead of having others help me figure out NEW ways to be mad. LOL.

I know that I lose a little bit of that specialness of being able to share the "in the moment" type stuff by not being on here during times like that. But the flip side is that I don't have to see what others type and be tempted to go into Hulk mode and look for things to smash.

All in all, even if we had lost, it was nice to see that Schaub hasn't lost his touch. After the first game, and after the first half of the Skins game, I was nervous that Schaub might crater under the expectations the whole NFL world has put on him (due to his awesome year last season). once he began to get into the groove, I was going to be able to handle the loss because I knew that things would be right by next Sunday.

What a game. It's been a draining two weeks. And if we smash the Cowboys, it's going to be out of this world crazy. Super Bowl teams find a way to win that Skins game the way we won it yesterday. That's the mark of a special group of players, IMO.

It's no longer Kubiak's show. He's not rowing the boat anymore. He's just sitting back, watching it all take place. Does anybody else get that feeling? As if they all know what they SHOULD do and they end up actually doing it on their own? Even JJ, God love him, found a way to make the most important catch of the game (or at least HIS most important catch).
dang it...loet me give this guy some rep... I dont come on the boards during the game because when I do they loose, plus I hate knee jerking. I texted my friend to tell him the hype has landed...and they come back to hype us up. What do i know anyway.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010   #10
GP 
Go Texans!
 
GP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: TEXAS!
Posts: 17,747
Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Negativity Affecting Our Team!

You know, for once I actually agreed with Kubiak's decision there. (To punt)

I was verrrry OK with the decision. In fact, I was saying "Punt. Punt. Punt."

They wouldn't have very far to go if we missed the FG. It's in THEIR house. Our defense began to liven up a bit over the 2nd half. McNabb is not very good under that sort of pressure (Remember the Super Bowl loss?).

I felt we stood a better chance if we punted and made them have to go down to our 30 for a FG.

Even if the decision backfired, it's my opinion that it was the right decision to have been made regardless of the outcome. When you hear that a kicker, the guy who has to swing his leg and use his core to power that kick through the uprights (on long, long kicks) passed a stone earlier int he week...you began to think "Gee whiz, he's got to be just a little sore in his groin and core." Kubiak took that into account, IMO. He wasn't going to make Rackers be the hero or the goat right there.

I think he would have missed or it would have been blocked. And I think the Skins would have made some plays and would have kicked a FG for the win.

What I can't wait for is the day when Kubiak no longer looks away during critical "last chance plays." When he starts staring at it and not looking away, that's when you know that the Texans are the bizness.
__________________
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010   #11
JB
Old Curmudgeon
 
JB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Willis
Age: 58
Posts: 23,536
Rep Power: 90450 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Negativity Affecting Our Team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
You know, for once I actually agreed with Kubiak's decision there. (To punt)

I was verrrry OK with the decision. In fact, I was saying "Punt. Punt. Punt."

They wouldn't have very far to go if we missed the FG. It's in THEIR house. Our defense began to liven up a bit over the 2nd half. McNabb is not very good under that sort of pressure (Remember the Super Bowl loss?).

I felt we stood a better chance if we punted and made them have to go down to our 30 for a FG.

Even if the decision backfired, it's my opinion that it was the right decision to have been made regardless of the outcome. When you hear that a kicker, the guy who has to swing his leg and use his core to power that kick through the uprights (on long, long kicks) passed a stone earlier int he week...you began to think "Gee whiz, he's got to be just a little sore in his groin and core." Kubiak took that into account, IMO. He wasn't going to make Rackers be the hero or the goat right there.

I think he would have missed or it would have been blocked. And I think the Skins would have made some plays and would have kicked a FG for the win.

What I can't wait for is the day when Kubiak no longer looks away during critical "last chance plays." When he starts staring at it and not looking away, that's when you know that the Texans are the bizness.
Even when the Bronco's were winning the Super Bolws, he did not watch the field goals.
__________________
Thanks to False Start for the sig
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010   #12
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame
 
The Pencil Neck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Dallas, TX
Age: 52
Posts: 18,694
Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Negativity Affecting Our Team!

I was watching the game with my wife and when we went down 27-10, she looked over at me and said, "Honey, I'm so sorry."

And I told her that it wasn't over, yet. I still had the feeling that we weren't out of the game. Our offense was looking like they knew what to do and how to beat that defense and we just needed a few stops from our D. And I had faith our defense was going to get it.

But I don't follow along with the game day threads anymore. I get too wrapped up in the thread and don't really concentrate on the game. I prefer watching the game with just my wife because I don't have to talk too much. I can stop the action and replay the play to get a better feel for what's going on and to see what I want to see. And she doesn't get too upset with me as long as I talk to her about what I'm looking at.

Then I read the gameday threads later that night and it's always pretty funny.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger