Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-20-2010   #1
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29231 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default "You guys are going to rip us a new one."

That was an actual text message from a buddy who is, normally, an arrogant Dallas Cowboy fan. He has had a long night, and things are a bit tense in Cowboy-land right now.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010   #2
Mari-OWNED!
Bucco Bruce

Rep Power: 4281 Mari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respectedMari-OWNED! is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: "You guys are going to rip us a new one."

Admitting you have a problem is the first step.
Mari-OWNED! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010   #3
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13331 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I recommend that we as fans stay focused and not talk any lip til Sunday around 3pm.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010   #4
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I recommend that we as fans stay focused and not talk any lip til Sunday around 3pm.
Except for that wuss Mario.
Old 09-20-2010   #5
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29231 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I wasn't talking any smack. In fact, I was trying to console him. I'm taking it even keel this week. I'm confident, but not crazy.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010   #6
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7350 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Talking sh*t is what Cowboy fans do. Texans make their statement by leaving it all out on the field.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010   #7
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

One Game at a time
Old 09-20-2010   #8
spurstexanstros
Texans Rising

Rep Power: 4561 spurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respectedspurstexanstros is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
exactly...dont run smak just run facts. I understand the op was just relaying the text, but it gives us a good chance to remind Texans fans to stay classy and let Cowboy fans provide us with the rope and if the Texans win we can then use whatever smack they ran at us and remind them of it.
spurstexanstros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010   #9
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

After the fight the Skins gave us, I am NOT talking any smack.

I'm even going to prepare myself that we can lose vs. the Cowboys.

I will never again underestimate our opponent based on what I saw from a previous week of play. That was a big fat mistake. I was on here last week bragging about how "I see nothing with the Skins and Boys that scares me."

Well, they got their act together after the Boys game. They can be really good if they continue to play like that. Had they found a running game against us, it would have been u-g-l-y Sunday.

So, this fan's lips are zipped.
Old 09-20-2010   #10
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Agreed.

I'm a firm believer in the old "Any given Sunday" adage.....
Old 09-20-2010   #11
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the best approach to the Cowboys is to look at them like you would a cornered animal. I expect them to do just about everything in their power to avoid being 0-3 and I hope the Texans are expecting that too. They have a dangerous offense if they find some consistency and their defense can get after the QB.

We need to just keep it calm and cool. All week long they'll be dropping little barbs here and there talking about how we've never won a Super Bowl and falling back on their (admittedly) impressive history. Don't respond, just wait till the game is played and see what we get. I don't think the Texans will let us down. Nobody in their right mind thinks we're going to go 16-0 but I'm confident the Texans going to show up for 16 games this year and play 60 minutes. Can't ask for more than that.
Old 09-20-2010   #12
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't care what Dallas has looked like the first 2 weeks, I don't feel good at all that the 'Boys will be coming in here desperate to avoid starting 0-3.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010   #13
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Nobody in their right mind thinks we're going to go 16-0 but I'm confident the Texans going to show up for 16 games this year and play 60 minutes. Can't ask for more than that.
Or 71 minutes and 36 seconds like they did yesterday
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010   #14
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
I don't care what Dallas has looked like the first 2 weeks, I don't feel good at all that the 'Boys will be coming in here desperate to avoid starting 0-3.
This is exactly it. Desperate teams can be very dangerous. The 'Boys will be coming into town with their jobs on the line already in this young season. We cannot come out flat against them, we need to be getting pressure in Romo's face right from the opening kickoff.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010   #15
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm actually very worried about this game. Washington absolutely trashed our secondary, and Dallas' receivers could do more of the same. Our guys will probably be physically exhausted after that performance, and if our dline can't do it's job and force bad throws, I think we're toast.

That being said, it's just Dallas and not the end of the world if we lose. I don't like them and am forced to be in Cowboy-land, but I would much rather lose this game if it means we get a win in Arlington to cap off the season.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010   #16
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37204 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

The Texans need to take on the mindset of the Colts. They just go out
and look to handle you until there is no more time on the clock. If the final
score is 31-30, then so be it. It just so happened to be 38-14 last night.

Last night showed me two things. First. The Colts are still "The Colts."
Two. The Texans are in the same league as the Colts. They beat the
Redskins in a fashion the Texans used to lose to the Colts. They got
down by 17 points at the end of the 3rd quarter, and from that point on
were challenged by their character not to fold until the final whistle.

I still don't quite believe it yet, and I don't know how many games it will
take, that this team can keep its focus for the entire season. I will say:
"so far, so good."
Old 09-20-2010   #17
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan View Post
Or 71 minutes and 36 seconds like they did yesterday
If need be then absolutely.
Old 09-20-2010   #18
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126616 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Kill! Kill! KILL!!!
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010   #19
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Dallas is vary capable of winning this game...

However, just like last week, I don't think the opposition will come out victorious...

I could have been completely wrong about the Skins because both teams had a shot at winning that game...

But we were on the road last week...I think that with the team being at home, a packed reliant stadium...Our first chance in franchise history to go to 3-0...

I think that place is going to be jumping and I don't think that the team will have any choice but to come out of the gates like hell on wheels...

The only question in my mind is whether or not they will be able to sustain the intensity that I know they will come out with.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010   #20
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 9714 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
After the fight the Skins gave us, I am NOT talking any smack.

I'm even going to prepare myself that we can lose vs. the Cowboys.

I will never again underestimate our opponent based on what I saw from a previous week of play. That was a big fat mistake. I was on here last week bragging about how "I see nothing with the Skins and Boys that scares me."

Well, they got their act together after the Boys game. They can be really good if they continue to play like that. Had they found a running game against us, it would have been u-g-l-y Sunday.

So, this fan's lips are zipped.
This. I'm floating around in the same boat right about now. Despite the win, it was a pretty deflating game for me. All those old worries and "here we go agains" cam flooding back with a quickness. I'll just stay cautiously optimistic for this coming Sunday at best.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read