Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-19-2010   #1
Atl Cav
Veteran

Rep Power: 2751 Atl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respectedAtl Cav is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I did tell you.....

Last week many "experts" on here criticized Matt Schaubs performance, not understanding the game did not call for him to dominate.
I did tell you how humorous the criticism was as Matt has demonstrated time and time again his ability to step up when we need him to do so.
Look how he dominated a defense today that held Tony and the girls to 7 meager points last week. If you did watch carefully, Matt was beaten up quite a bit today, including taking a shot while making the perfect throw to tie the game on a 4th and ten situation.
It would be nice to see our run game step up every week, but when you score 30 in a hostile stadium with 58 net rushing yards, your quarterback is carrying you. And once again several posters criticized Matt's performance again today.
I dont care what anyone tells me, outside of Drew and Peyton, I dont want anyone else.
Atl Cav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #2
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I did tell you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atl Cav View Post
Last week many "experts" on here criticized Matt Schaubs performance, not understanding the game did not call for him to dominate.
I did tell you how humorous the criticism was as Matt has demonstrated time and time again his ability to step up when we need him to do so.
Look how he dominated a defense today that held Tony and the girls to 7 meager points last week. If you did watch carefully, Matt was beaten up quite a bit today, including taking a shot while making the perfect throw to tie the game on a 4th and ten situation.
It would be nice to see our run game step up every week, but when you score 30 in a hostile stadium with 58 net rushing yards, your quarterback is carrying you. And once again several posters criticized Matt's performance again today.
I dont care what anyone tells me, outside of Drew and Peyton, I dont want anyone else.
Sig.../crap-against-Schaub-...-my-boy!!!
Old 09-20-2010   #3
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

If you had asked Matt last Monday which was more important, his stats or getting a win, I bet you money he would say: "Screw stats. We got a w."

Both Matt and Andre are all about the W's. Damn a stat.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010   #4
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 39244 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I am telling you this was a Texans win, not a Schaub win. I bet he would say the same.
Old 09-20-2010   #5
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

With the run game dominating last week, and the pass game dominating today,
how do you stop the Texans from moving the ball?
Old 09-20-2010   #6
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dude you're talking to guys around here that root for the team as a whole. When a part of said team doesn't produce, they usually get criticized. They also get canonized if they make big plays that result in a win.

Matt schouldn't be criticized for last week because he managed a hell of a game. Sometimes you don't have to throw for 500 yards to win a game. That time, the run game was working and they protected the ball. Sometimes, all you need is a game manager when the run game is clicking.

This time, Matt needed to keep up with one of the greatest QBs of the decade. And that guy had our number today. To beat that seemingly unstoppable passing game, he needed to throw for 500.

I remember David Carr had fans around here that wanted him to get all the credit for every W (even when he racked up -5 yards against Oakland.)

It just doesn't work that way. If Kevin Walter, Jacoby Jones, and Joel Dreesen didn't make those crucial catches at the end of the game, we probably would be bitching about a loss.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010   #7
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

i still ain't seen him hit a sprint in stride D:
Old 09-20-2010   #8
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
If you had asked Matt last Monday which was more important, his stats or getting a win, I bet you money he would say: "Screw stats. We got a w."

Both Matt and Andre are all about the W's. Damn a stat.
Funny thing is, he said the same thing AFTER putting up nearly 500 yards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaub
(on his 497 passing yards) "Not even important to me. At the end of the day, we got a ‘W.’"
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010   #9
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I was one who criticized but I didn't criticize because of the stats. I knew that our run game was clicking and I was happy to see that he only had to throw 5 times in the 2nd half of the Colts game because I'm one who feels if we are running that well, we are going to win and Matt is going to be healthy all season.

I don't think criticized was even the word for how I felt about Schaub after the Colts game. It was more of a concern because he looked as if he was out of sync and his head was not in the game or even like he was trying too hard. For most of the 1st half of this game, he was pretty much like that. The one thing I can say about Schaub is that he's the kind of QB that is calm under pressure and he seems to bring up his game when the pressure is on. He was outstanding today and even Shanahan said he is an amazing QB who is very underrated.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010   #10
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I just want to say that Foster didn't get 100 yards yesterday and needs to be benched.

Last edited by HJam72; 09-20-2010 at 07:58 AM. Reason: What day is this?
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010   #11
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt is a very good QB, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have an off game every now and then. I think most everyone on this board knows how good he is. And if you're talking about the "Matt didn't play well" thread, I didn't really see that as criticism. Some people pointed out that he didn't play up to par, even on his limited pass attempts, but I didn't see harsh criticism.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read