Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-19-2010   #1
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default This is the game I've been waiting for

For the better part of 9 years I've been waiting to watch this game. Not a dominant win over a lousy team. Not a fluke victory over a hated rival. Not a win over a quality team mailing it in while waiting for the playoffs to begin.

I've been waiting on this game. A 30 point come from behind victory against a team that we don't know like the back of our hands in their house with thousands of fans screaming against us and no reason to win except that for ****s sake we aren't about to lose this game.

I've been waiting to see the Texans whip out a pair of nuts the size of bowling balls and stand up in the second half and tell another team (tell being "code" for smacking the crap out of them) that "Oh no, that's not the way this ends".

I've been waiting to see the Texans decide that they've had just about enough of this crap and it stops right frigging now.

Today I saw that. I was proud last week and I was disappointed in the first half this week. I won't deny that the thought of turning the TV off and going to work on my yard crossed my mind. I wanted to. I really did. I've been down this road so many times before (as have all of you) and I was ready to do some weeding in the back yard but.... I just couldn't get the thought out of my mind that last week they didn't look like the same Texans I was used to seeing.

They weren't. These Texans are serious about this shit. There isn't a single remaining member of the expansion team left. Nobody. As much as I like Kris Brown (and if you don't like him you can kiss my ass) I know he's not the kicker for this team. He's a great guy and someone I want to live next door to but he's not the kicker I want trying to win a game in overtime.

Nobody quit today. Nobody mailed it in. Gary Kubiak was a dumb shit for not trying to kick it on that first possession in overtime and I don't think I'll ever be a fan of his but I'll be damned if these guys aren't (finally) playing their asses off for him. If they're ready to live or die with Kubiak than who am I to question that?

I'm in. I'm re-sold on this team. I'm grinning ear to ear. I'm finally entirely satisfied with every aspect of this team. I'm a demanding fan and something of an asshole and I know it but today I saw my football team and I'm here for the duration. Next week the UNDEFEATED Houston Texans will host the WINLESS Dallas Cowboys and I can't ask for anything more than that.
Old 09-19-2010   #2
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: This is the game I've been waiting for

Preach it Brotha!
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #3
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 49664 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
For the better part of 9 years I've been waiting to watch this game. Not a dominant win over a lousy team. Not a fluke victory over a hated rival. Not a win over a quality team mailing it in while waiting for the playoffs to begin.

I've been waiting on this game. A 30 point come from behind victory against a team that we don't know like the back of our hands in their house with thousands of fans screaming against us and no reason to win except that for ****s sake we aren't about to lose this game.

I've been waiting to see the Texans whip out a pair of nuts the size of bowling balls and stand up in the second half and tell another team (tell being "code" for smacking the crap out of them) that "Oh no, that's not the way this ends".

I've been waiting to see the Texans decide that they've had just about enough of this crap and it stops right frigging now.

Today I saw that. I was proud last week and I was disappointed in the first half this week. I won't deny that the thought of turning the TV off and going to work on my yard crossed my mind. I wanted to. I really did. I've been down this road so many times before (as have all of you) and I was ready to do some weeding in the back yard but.... I just couldn't get the thought out of my mind that last week they didn't look like the same Texans I was used to seeing.

They weren't. These Texans are serious about this shit. There isn't a single remaining member of the expansion team left. Nobody. As much as I like Kris Brown (and if you don't like him you can kiss my ass) I know he's not the kicker for this team. He's a great guy and someone I want to live next door to but he's not the kicker I want trying to win a game in overtime.

Nobody quit today. Nobody mailed it in. Gary Kubiak was a dumb shit for not trying to kick it on that first possession in overtime and I don't think I'll ever be a fan of his but I'll be damned if these guys aren't (finally) playing their asses off for him. If they're ready to live or die with Kubiak than who am I to question that?

I'm in. I'm re-sold on this team. I'm grinning ear to ear. I'm finally entirely satisfied with every aspect of this team. I'm a demanding fan and something of an asshole and I know it but today I saw my football team and I'm here for the duration. Next week the UNDEFEATED Houston Texans will host the WINLESS Dallas Cowboys and I can't ask for anything more than that.
He was not a dumbshit for not kicking it the first time in OT, especially since Rackers had been sick all week, was not a 100% strength wise and already missed 47 yarder and a 53 yarder in practice that hit the crossbar...

It was a calculated risk that Kubiak finally was on the winning side of...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic....
BullNation4Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #4
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6021 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Right on!!
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #5
FirstTexansFan
The Unknown Fan

Rep Power: 27500 FirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respectedFirstTexansFan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to FirstTexansFan

Quote:
Herv, I've been here with you since day one (as well as many others on this board), and you are right sir, we've paid our dues, we carry the scars. I understand the negativity of some, it's been tough being a fan. Just glad I'm still here to bask in this glorious victory. Our time has come, I am a believer too! High Five friend, now lets kick the living crap out of these LastAzz Sowboys, we need to begin winning over this states fanbase!!
Dread-Head's #1 Fan, Because He Hates The Cowboys As Much As Me!
FirstTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #6
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
He was not a dumbshit for not kicking it the first time in OT, especially since Rackers had been sick all week, was not a 100% strength wise and already missed 47 yarder and a 53 yarder in practice that hit the crossbar...

Even if he misses the field goal, they ended up with better field position anyway.
Old 09-19-2010   #7
Pantherstang84
@rolisrgti06

Rep Power: 6021 Pantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respectedPantherstang84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Pantherstang84

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstTexansFan View Post
Herv, I've been here with you since day one (as well as many others on this board), and you are right sir, we've paid our dues, we carry the scars. I understand the negativity of some, it's been tough being a fan. Just glad I'm still here to bask in this glorious victory. Our time has come, I am a believer too! High Five friend, now lets kick the living crap out of these LastAzz Sowboys, we need to begin winning over this states fanbase!!
All of those years of being ridiculed for sticking to our team through the tough times are paying off.
Pantherstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-19-2010   #8
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post

I was cussing him for punting. I get the not going for the FG however punting didn't even cross my mind. I thought the choice was go for it or kick the FG. I thought they should have went for it.

Kubes dodged a big bullet on that call. I am just glad we won't be discussing that call all week.

BTW, the how many of you were thinking about Ian Howfield today?
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #9
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Love this. Damn proud to be a Texan fan today!! Especially in the RGV (aka Cowgirl land)
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #10
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Gary Kubiak was a dumb shit for not trying to kick it on that first possession in overtime and I don't think I'll ever be a fan of his but I'll be damned if these guys aren't (finally) playing their asses off for him.
If the Texans make it to the Super Bowl...I can promise you will be a Kubiak fan! Regardless...I agree with everything else you said!
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #11
THE NFL
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL THE NFL

The Texans better fix that secondary or there wont be a Super Bowl this year. 2 weeks in a row and QB throws for over 400 yards on this Texans defense. This time a bad offense. There isnt any excuses about Manning or a prevent defense to fall back on.

The Texans secondary is BAD.
THE NFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #12
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9610 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE NFL View Post
The Texans better fix that secondary or there wont be a Super Bowl this year. 2 weeks in a row and QB throws for over 400 yards on this Texans defense. This time a bad offense. There isnt any excuses about Manning or a prevent defense to fall back on.

Everyone knows the secondary has been a sieve for two games, beat it Debbie Downer.
Old 09-19-2010   #13
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with going for it on 4th down. Rackers was missing field goals of 50+ yards in warmups before the Colts game, and passing a kidney stone probably didn't help.
I'm not going to question Kubiak on it though. He has made somewhat questionable calls, but he knows the limitations of his team. I have a feeling we would all be asking why he went for it and didn't get it on 4th down in OT if he indeed went for it.

In the end, we have won 2 games against likely playoff teams, and we have shown that we can hang with some of the best. From now on, if this team ever gets down 17 points, they can always say, "yeah, but remember when we rallied and beat the Redskins in overtime? We can do that again"

I'll say this now, and until this team wins a playoff game - best Texans win in the history of the franchise.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #14
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Texans are 2-0 and atop AFC South. With a secondary that is not good.

The good news is that the secondary is young and will get better. It will certainly be ready to shutdown Vince Young (or will it be Kerry Collins?) by week 12.
Old 09-19-2010   #15
Texan_Touchdown
Rookie

Rep Power: 265 Texan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Touchdown is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

and 2 times we won. So shut up little cry baby. And go worry about what the Titans are going to do next weeks after VY looked HORRIBLE today.
Texan_Touchdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #16
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6653 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
The Texans are 2-0 and atop AFC South. With a secondary that is not good.

The good news is that the secondary is young and will get better. It will certainly be ready to shutdown Vince Young (or will it be Kerry Collins?) by week 12.
I hope it's Collins. That will ensure KEYE shows the Texans instead of the VY-led Tacks in the Austin market, though in reality, as long as the Texans keep winning, I think we'll keep seeing the Texans on KEYE. Winning changes a lot of things.
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #17
ReliantTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 364 ReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedReliantTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

How did that "scary" Titans offense look today?
ReliantTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #18
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
I hope it's Collins. That will ensure KEYE shows the Texans instead of the VY-led Tacks in the Austin market, though in reality, as long as the Texans keep winning, I think we'll keep seeing the Texans on KEYE. Winning changes a lot of things.
Hopefully we'll see fewer Dallas Cowgirl jerseys around town too. Houston's got a lot of fair weather fans (not on this board, mind you), but I think a winner will get more folks to convert to us, especially in places where they are more likely to be casual fans like San Antonio and Austin.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #19
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I never thought that the team ever quit on Kubiak, but that they were some combination of too young, not good anough and not smart enough. One of the few arguments to keeping Kubiak was the fact the late in useless seasons the team actually care about finishing strong and all that BS and followed through. It was good to see that same stuff in a game that mattered.
Old 09-19-2010   #20
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
I was cussing him for punting. I get the not going for the FG however punting didn't even cross my mind. I thought the choice was go for it or kick the FG. I thought they should have went for it.

Kubes dodged a big bullet on that call. I am just glad we won't be discussing that call all week.

BTW, the how many of you were thinking about Ian Howfield today?
Oh Lord, I didn't even THINK about Ian Howfield. I thought the TV commentator, Ian Something, was Daniel Snyder. But never thought of Ian Howfield.

Why did you have to conjure up his name? Pissed at you now.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read