Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-19-2010   #1
PockyAF
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3089 PockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Heart Attack Hotel

Some things never change.

Once again we pulled a rabbit out of the hat and came out victorious when we had no business winning the game. The amazing AJ catch. The Mario sack at the end of regulation. The Kubiak timeout to ice the kicker. Truly amazing game from players to coaches, hell even the waterboy.

If there was a game that we deserve to win, this one was it, by a long mile. Heart, commitment, determination, you name it, our teams got it.

Never doubt the Heart of The Champion(Of regular season)!

REVISE: Oh, and i just got to give Kubiak some more credit. I cannot emphasize how well he is using his TO in major situations, going back to last week on the on-side kick. he ultimately saved our asses today, but put us in our situation as well.

We have to remember that Rackers was diagnosed with kidney stones just recently, and that he missed a FG at 47. Just try to think what was going through Kubiak mind when he was making that decision before passing judgement.

Well, it doesn't matter what people thinks, because I know Kubiak is the BOSS.
PockyAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #2
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13211 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Heart Attack Hotel

"Heart attack" indeed. My hands are shaking so much it's hard to type this. Coming back from an awful first-quarter performance shows that never-say-die attitude we saw at the end of last season is still with the team.
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #3
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

seriously... the bottoms of my feet are raw from all that damn pacing.
Old 09-19-2010   #4
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24496 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected

What a nice feeling to be on the other side on one of these games... last season we`d been the team who would look great all game long, but without a running game. Then a couple of mistakes (blocked kick, allowing the AJ catch, missed FG in OT) and all of a sudden the other team comes back from 17 points down and wins the game.

We really need to work with our secondary (like Ive already pointed out last week)... I don`t know what was wrong with our pass protection, last season it was exceptional, so I guess they just had a down game. Other than that I think we look really good - Id like us to run the ball a little more next week (although Schaub is on my FF team and pretty much saved me today - after killing me last week).
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #5
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

I think this game took two years off my life, but hey, two and oooooo baby!
Old 09-19-2010   #6
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

These are the kind of games that wear me out and give me a headache.

I finally found my lucky spot on the sofa. I shifted down to the end of the sofa at halftime and I believe that was the difference in the game.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #7
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, wow, wow. What an amazing game. We actually came back on some one when we were 17 points down instead of the other way around. Two games don't make a season but man this is a different team than we have ever had. Wow.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-19-2010   #8
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i dont know whether to laugh or cry or puke or pass out and hope it all wasnt a wonderful dream ... wow. it'll probably be tuesday before i stop shaking.
Old 09-19-2010   #9
PockyAF
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3089 PockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
These are the kind of games that wear me out and give me a headache.

I finally found my lucky spot on the sofa. I shifted down to the end of the sofa at halftime and I believe that was the difference in the game.
Personally, I was watching the game on slingbox, in the most horrendous definition ever. Luckily, the Jets/Pats game switched to our game, and I ditched the stream and went HD on my Samsung.

A few plays after the switch, Kubiak called the TO to ice the kicker, and the rest is history.

Some people might think superstition is ridiculous; but hey, whatever works. Our personal "adjustments" might have just aligned the planets at the right moment for all we know.
Old 09-19-2010   #10
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PockyAF View Post

Once again we pulled a rabbit out of the hat and came out victorious when we had no business winning the game. The amazing AJ catch. The Mario sack at the end of regulation. The Kubiak timeout to ice the kicker. Truly amazing game from players to coaches, hell even the waterboy.

If there was a game that we deserve to win, this one was it, by a long mile. Heart, commitment, determination, you name it, our teams got it.

Never doubt the Heart of The Champion(Of regular season)!

REVISE: Oh, and i just got to give Kubiak some more credit. I cannot emphasize how well he is using his TO in major situations, going back to last week on the on-side kick. he ultimately saved our asses today, but put us in our situation as well.

We have to remember that Rackers was diagnosed with kidney stones just recently, and that he missed a FG at 47. Just try to think what was going through Kubiak mind when he was making that decision before passing judgement.

Well, it doesn't matter what people thinks, because I know Kubiak is the BOSS.
Where does this come from?
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #11
TexansBlood
The CUSH!

Rep Power: 7456 TexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBlood is a quality contributor and well respected

Just got a EKG done!

Dr. said im good for now and to young to be worried about heart attacks!
TexansBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #12
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
They mentioned it during the game.
Old 09-19-2010   #13
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
According to the commentators, he passed some stones this week.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #14
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ian Eagle reported after the missed FG that Rackers had passed kidney stones this week.

Didn't see Rackers on the injury report.
Old 09-19-2010   #15
PockyAF
Site Contributor

Quote:
I think one of the commentators said it, in the first quarter, after Rackers miss the FG. I might of been mistaken however, but I distinctively remember them making a comment and then Dan Fouts saying something along the line of "Ouch, he must in serious pain. I'm surprised he's even playing today".

Again, I might be mistaken and he was talking about someone else. Plus my slingbox is utter crap and the audio is trash.

I'm never had kidney stones, nor knew anyone that has. So if you can shed some light on how painful it is, Doc, it would be great.
Old 09-19-2010   #16
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 171407 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBlood View Post
Just got a EKG done!

Dr. said im good for now and to young to be worried about heart attacks!

So you got a clear bill of health from your dermatologist?
Old 09-19-2010   #17
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 6268 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

awesome win. I dont put that miss on Rackers. Anyone see the hold. It was terrible.
Old 09-19-2010   #18
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Thanks for everyone's responses. Unless he still has stones that haven't passed, he should not be experiencing pain or other symptoms that should affect his performance. Hopefully, he's attended to the source of his stone creation so that it doesn't keep happening.
Old 09-19-2010   #19
MEGA SWATT
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15515 MEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respectedMEGA SWATT is a quality contributor and well respected

OMG, stressful. I am hoarse for sure!!!!!
MEGA SWATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #20
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208669 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by PockyAF View Post

Once again we pulled a rabbit out of the hat and came out victorious when we had no business winning the game.
Really? Once again? What Texans team have you been watching since '02?

Personally, I'm ecstatic to finally be on the right side of one of these.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read