Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-19-2010   #61
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74774 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Game Day Texans at Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
If the Cougars were smart, they would fire what's-his-name and hire Mike Leach.

Could you imagine the recruits he could bring in now that he'd be coaching a team in Houston? It would be amazing.

That's the sort of program that a guy like Leach could take to the next level. I firmly believe that Leach, had he still been the coach in Lubbock this year, would have won the Big 12. OU and UT are not as dominant this year as they had been in the past.

Wherever Leach goes, he's going to make them better. I think he could make UH better. Don't they have a plan in place for a new stadium, too? See, grabbing the Pirate could really get the ball rolling on that plan.
I think Nebraska is far and away the best team in the Big 12 so far. I'm not entirely sold that Tech would win the South, but their chances would be much better than they are under Tuberville.

If Sumlin is lured elsewhere I think Leach would be a phenomenal hire. Leach would be an upgrade over Sumlin, but it would NOT be smart to fire Sumlin and hire Leach. The PR hit in firing a black guy that has rebuilt your program for what would be portrayed as a white retread that failed elsewhere (not saying the perception would be true. Leach got jobbed by the Tech Admins) would not be pretty. I could see there being a serious recruiting hit due to players refusing to go there.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #62
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30675 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
The PR hit in firing a black guy that has rebuilt your program for what would be portrayed as a white retread that failed elsewhere would not be pretty. I could see there being a serious recruiting hit due to players refusing to go there.
Not to mention, Al Sharpton and that local Malcom X-wannabe coming in to make their own noise, along with God knows who else. It would be a nightmare for everyone in the area.
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #63
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

EDIT: Damn it. Wrong thread again!
Old 09-19-2010   #64
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 36501 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexCanada View Post
I'm jealous. The game isn't on TV here.
Its on Sportnet Pacific here (do you get the other regions Sportsnet on your cable?).

Goodness knows why its on Pacific, but hey, no complaints!
Old 09-19-2010   #65
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 65244 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
By the looks of the Steelers/Titans game, we can run Foster all day on the Titans. All day on the Colts. Not sure if the Jags are easy to run on...
I just tuned into the Steeler game - 16-3 to start the 4th. Is that what the Steelers have been doing? Guess they've shut down C. Johnson?

Oh - just showed a stat - 5 turnovers... no wonder.

EDIT - they just brought in ol man Collins!
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #66
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6845 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is our game to win; we just have to come out focused and motivated. 27-13 Texans!!!
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #67
welsh texan
Lest we forget

Rep Power: 25589 welsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respectedwelsh texan is a quality contributor and well respected

anyone got a link for the game?
We will remember them.
welsh texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-19-2010   #68
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Why am I still seeing Bengals-Ravens on SUnday Ticket here at my house?

Is our game not until 3:15? I figured it would be a 3:00 broadcast and then kickoff at 3:15.

I hope I am not missing any of the game right now, to watch the Bengals run out the rest of the clock and easily win the game!
Old 09-19-2010   #69
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gp View Post
why am i still seeing bengals-ravens on sunday ticket here at my house?

Is our game not until 3:15? I figured it would be a 3:00 broadcast and then kickoff at 3:15.

I hope i am not missing any of the game right now, to watch the bengals run out the rest of the clock and easily win the game!
3:15

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #70
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I hope I am not missing any of the game right now, to watch the Bengals run out the rest of the clock and easily win the game!
3:15p. Not missing it yet.
Old 09-19-2010   #71
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:

Kickoff's at 3:15.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #72
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79339 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Gametime baby, let's GO!
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #73
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

And now they have switched over to the Steelers-Titans game.

And now they switched to the Chiefs game.

And switched back to the Titans game 5 seconds later. LOL.

I. Want. My. Texans. NOW.
Old 09-19-2010   #74
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Washington wins coin toss, will receive.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #75
Ranger Tom
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30675 Ranger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respectedRanger Tom is a quality contributor and well respected

I just turned on my TV in time to see the Titans lose. That's a good start to things.
Ranger Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #76
mariowillshine15
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2512 mariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respectedmariowillshine15 is a quality contributor and well respected

Game time!
mariowillshine15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #77
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Tinbreads lose.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #78
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 8443 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice kick Rackers!
Here we go!
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #79
GP 
Go Texans!

Still not seeing the game on a DAMN expensive SundayTicket subscription.

Oh, beautiful. Let's watch 3 minutes of commercials while we're at it. As if that's not a solid kick to the nuts right now.

Who the hell do I call to complain about this crap? If I paid $50 a year...I could understand. I pay a LOT MORE THAN THAT. I don't need this crap.

They should have went immediately to the game for me.
Old 09-19-2010   #80
Spled
All Pro

Rep Power: 52 Spled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respectedSpled is a quality contributor and well respected

What a time to go to commercial.
Spled is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk > Texans Talk Archive
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read