Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Joined a FF League late.

Kulluminatii

Veteran
I wasn't planning on playing FF this year, but one of my cousins ended up deciding not to do FF and offered me his account. This league is full of family members, so I accepted it. I found out after I got the account the draft was yesterday and since he never showed up players were chosen for him automatically :brickwall:.

Here is what I have to work with -

yahoodraft.png

And this is my waiver list:
Waiver 1 - Sep 19: Darrelle Revis dropping Morgan Trent
Waiver 2 - Sep 19: Legedu Naanee dropping Brandon LaFell
Waiver 3 - Sep 19: Haloti Ngata dropping Trey Lewis
Waiver 4 - Sep 19: Darrius Heyward-Bey
Waiver 5 - Sep 19: Steve Slaton

Don't ask me how Revis didn't get drafted...because I don't really have an answer :D.

I think I'm ok at the QB & WR position, but I'm really uncertain about my RBs. I think I'll definitely have to trade for a better one, just wondering who you guys think I should offer in order to get a good RB, and which RB should I target?

I think I'll have to give up too much for CJ or Peterson, and Foster is a bit overrated after 1 week. I could gamble on Best and probably not lose much acquiring him, I loved watching the guy play in college, but he's playing for the Lions now. I could be a homer and grab McFadden but after a few years of inconsistency I wonder if its worth the risk.

Revis didn't get drafted because he is worthless in Fantasy. He's not gonna get thrown at. So he's not gonna give you any passes defended or INT's. You gotta go with a Corner who is semi good opposite a shutdown corner who gets the occasional int and makes a lot of tackles.

Revis didn't get drafted because he is worthless in Fantasy. He's not gonna get thrown at. So he's not gonna give you any passes defended or INT's. You gotta go with a Corner who is semi good opposite a shutdown corner who gets the occasional int and makes a lot of tackles.

You got a point there. Here is a list of some the CBs available -

Cristopher Owens - Atl
Alphonso Smith - Det
Vontae Davis - Mia
Malcom Jenkins - NO
Kyle Arrington - NE
Darius Butler - NE
Glover Quin - Hou
Rashean Mathis - Jac
Tyron Brackenridge - Jac

Do you think any of these are worth a look?

You got a point there. Here is a list of some the CBs available -

Do you think any of these are worth a look?

If your league rewards for passes defended, then you gotta go with Darius Butler. The kid will get you points in tackles and passes defended. Glover Quinn is another option. He gets a lot of tackles. It's just depends how Jackson does on the other side. If Jackson Struggles then Glover will get less looks.

Thanks a ton, this is the first time I'm in a league where you get to draft more than just the entire DEF of a team. Any words of wisdom about the rest of my team? Playing in a league full of family makes me want to win much more than if it was a league full of friends :D.

How many people in your league? Is it a point per reception league? Do you have to have two FG Kickers on your roster? If you don't drop one. Also, your RB's are weak, especially if Shonn Greene don't get his act together. Did someone already pick up Brandon Jackson? If not, pick him up.

Also, get rid of Cassel as your backup. The guy is trash. He's the modern day Scott Mitchell. He threw for 68 yards last week. Pick up the likes of Garrard, Hasselbeck or Derrick Anderson for your backup.

There are 14 people in the league. 1 point for every 10 yards rushing/receiving. And thanks for bringing up the kickers, I totally forgot I had two on my roster :facepalm:.

Also, get rid of Cassel as your backup. The guy is trash. He's the modern day Scott Mitchell. He threw for 68 yards last week. Pick up the likes of Garrard, Hasselbeck or Derrick Anderson for your backup.

Got Hasselback and got rid of the kicker. I feel a lot more confident about my roster now, hopefully my waivers go through. Thanks a ton stingray!

Nope, he's taken. Here is a list of some of the available WRs

ffwrs.png

Already got Legedu Naanee on waivers.

Slim pickings. Stay with Naanee as your top waiver. Might wanna also look at Brandon Lloyd and Mike Williams of Seattle. You are in a deep league with 14 members and nothing stands out on waivers right now. Just keep looking every week. Something will come up. I picked up Brent Celek and Mike Sims Walker last year off waivers in a 14 team league, so opportunities will be there.

Remember, Fantasy football is 50% skill and 50% luck.

Slim pickings. Stay with Naanee as your top waiver. Might wanna also look at Brandon Lloyd.

Might as well pick up Lloyd, I got 2 free spots. I think I'm going to wait until week 3 to start making trades for either Foster or Best.

Also, just checked the available DEF, and Houston & Washington are available. I should probably pick up one of those over Arizona, and probably before Sunday...I have a feeling either one of those two DEF will have their stock raise significantly after this week.

Might as well pick up Lloyd, I got 2 free spots. I think I'm going to wait until week 3 to start making trades for either Foster or Best.

Also, just checked the available DEF, and Houston & Washington are available. I should probably pick up one of those over Arizona, and probably before Sunday...I have a feeling either one of those two DEF will have their stock raise significantly after this week.

Probably go with Houston. They play a bad Redskins offense this week and the Raiders in two weeks, no offense of course. :handshake:

Actually, Arizona is not a bad option also. They play in the lethargic NFC west with the likes of the Rams, Seahawks and niners offense. They actually were the best overall defense last week in my league.

But definantly go with the Vikes this week. They play the Bills at home this week. That should be some solid points right there with Trent Edwards as the Bills QB.

But definantly go with the Vikes this week. They play the Bills at home this week. That should be some solid points right there with Trent Edwards as the Bills QB.

Definitely. Thanks to you my team went from meh to pretty damn good, provided my waivers go through. I love my family, but I want to wipe the floor with them in this league :D

Back