Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-17-2010   #1
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Arrow Weekly words of wisdom with Foster...

Quote:
Arian Foster is the Texans’ 6-1, 227-pound starting running back (and the reigning AFC Offensive Player of the Week). He’s also a father of one (a daughter, Zeniah Egypt Foster) and a former philosophy major at the University of Tennessee who enjoys writing music and poetry.

Every Friday during the 2010 season, I’ll check in with Foster for whatever “Words of Wisdom” he feels like sharing. It might be brief, it might be long-winded, it might be poetry or it might be prose. We’ll just have to wait and see.

All quotes are Foster originals unless otherwise noted.

Weekly Words of Wisdom with Arian Foster – Friday, Sept. 17:

“Dreams are commonly associated with the intangible. This is false. Our thoughts mold our reality, positively and negatively. We are far too often so in awe of the next man’s mirror that we lose sight of our own reflection. Others CAN be inspiring, only if you respect the journey and don’t envy the peak of the conquest. Greatness is a conscious decision. Focus is as powerful as you can imagine it to be.”

Check back for another installment next Friday. Let Arian know what you think in the comments section below or on Twitter @ArianFoster.
http://blog.houstontexans.com/2010/0...rian-foster-5/
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010   #2
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Weekly words of wisdom with Foster...

I kinda wish he wasn't such a philosophy douche, honestly.

Whatever, as long as it helps him and as long as he continues being awesome, I don't care.

Last edited by TheMatrix31; 09-17-2010 at 11:08 PM.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010   #3
The Third Man
All Pro

Rep Power: 6350 The Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Third Man is a quality contributor and well respected

I like thoughtful guys, especially after they step on the throats of the Colts defense.
The Third Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010   #4
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I hope he drops some philosophy on the Redskins defenders this Sunday!
Old 09-18-2010   #5
Wolf6151
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27154 Wolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf6151 is a quality contributor and well respected

Philosophy says that the people you run over on the way to the endzone don't really feel pain, they only feel their perception of pain. Make them perceive alot.
Wolf6151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010   #6
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
I kinda wish he wasn't such a philosophy douche, honestly.

Whatever, as long as it helps him and as long as he continues being awesome, I don't care.
Haha, screw that, I'm glad he's a "philosophy douche". Its a nice change of pace to see a NFL player who isn't going to strip clubs every weekend with more jewelry on than the strippers at the clubs. Hell, its nice to see an NFL player that has the ability to construct a paragraph.
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010   #7
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I like his nuggets of wisdom. It's a nice change from players that know little more than partying.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-18-2010   #8
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Im totally into it. He is not the norm... and the norm can be pretty annoying.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010   #9
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

derp. don't get it.
Old 09-18-2010   #10
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 60283 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post
Haha, screw that, I'm glad he's a "philosophy douche". Its a nice change of pace to see a NFL player who isn't going to strip clubs every weekend with more jewelry on than the strippers at the clubs. Hell, its nice to see an NFL player that has the ability to construct a paragraph.
True. I guess what I was trying to say is that I'm scared he'll go all "Ricky Williams" on us at some point, saying his heart isn't in it and he has to go soul searching or something.

TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010   #11
Grams 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 25097 Grams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respectedGrams is a quality contributor and well respected

I think it is nice to know that some players can actually speak English. Can talk in complete sentences. And actually put words to his thoughts that other people who speak English can understand.

And obviously studied something other than basket weaving or speech in college.
Old 09-18-2010   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Couldn't find the nickname thread (okay, I didn't look), so I decided to drop this in here.

Sovah

Because if you let him get started, It'sovah
Old 09-18-2010   #13
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

"Run Run Run"

Jim Morrison

Joe Texans Words of Wisdome
Old 09-18-2010   #14
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

That was deep, I'm really starting to like this guy and I like philosophy so it nice to see it in one of our players. A person who thinks a little more than the average guy will never bother me.

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010   #15
mattieuk
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 33391 mattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respectedmattieuk is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
True. I guess what I was trying to say is that I'm scared he'll go all "Ricky Williams" on us at some point, saying his heart isn't in it and he has to go soul searching or something.

From what I've seen his say about the game, he loves it, and it provides for him, and he enjoys the game. Plus, remember that he isn't on a huuuuge salary as well. AF can't do a Coffee.

Give me Plato over Plaxico anyday.
Old 09-18-2010   #16
Lucky

Rep Power: 160417 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The only reason Williams "retired" was because he couldn't pass the NFL's drug tests. As long as Foster is clean on his tests, he can be as "new age" as he wants.
Old 09-18-2010   #17
kcdoubleeagle
Veteran

Rep Power: 475 kcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respectedkcdoubleeagle is a quality contributor and well respected

He told the Tennesse press that he would do an interview only if it's conducted in "pterodactyl"...I think that is very funny and suggest his nickname should be The Pterodactyl.
kcdoubleeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010   #18
Giant Tiger
Hall of Fame

Location: Smiths Falls, Heart of the Rideau Canal-UNESCO World Heritage Site
Rep Power: 9888 Giant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respectedGiant Tiger is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Re: Weekly words of wisdom with Foster...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post
This is a good thread. I'd like to see more players like him... in other sports, too (especially hockey, not too many college graduates there). I'm looking forward to next week already. BTW, I'd go with "philosophy major"
Old 09-18-2010   #19
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1893 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll be finishing my degree in Philosophy this year so personally I think it's fantastic having a player on our team that is a philosopher, an awesome dude, and a good football player all at the same time.
wagonhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010   #20
Miggsy
Tyrone Biggums

Rep Power: 41 Miggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respected

Seeing his love for philosophy, his eastern religion based touchdown celebration, his incredible field vision and his physical play how about:

The Angry Guru
Miggsy is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read