Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-17-2010   #1
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans Stats Week #1

Hey folks,
I was bored at work so I wrote a little program to grab play-by-play data for the Texans game and generate stats. The stats are broken down into side of the field, player, and pass/run.

It's still very early and I haven't worked out all the bugs, but I'll keep messing with it.

I wanted to post it directly here, but vBulletin doesn't support tables out of the box, so you'll have to hit up a blog I setup for it.

http://texanstats.wordpress.com/2010...n-week-1-2010/
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010   #2
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans Stats Week #1

One other think I'd like to add:
Any stats you see here that don't line up with the official NFL.com stats are due to a few bugs that I hope to have settled by next week.

My script collects down, distance, time, etc info. So if there's something else you all wanna see, please lemme know and I'll add it to the script.
Old 09-17-2010   #3
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 147467 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hradhak View Post
One other think I'd like to add:
Any stats you see here that don't line up with the official NFL.com stats are due to a few bugs that I hope to have settled by next week.

My script collects down, distance, time, etc info. So if there's something else you all wanna see, please lemme know and I'll add it to the script.
Can you reformat so that the groupings of the data are more clear? Right now, all of those numbers together have a tendency to blend when it should be obvious that THIS is to the left and THIS is in the middle, etc.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010   #4
hradhak
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Can you reformat so that the groupings of the data are more clear? Right now, all of those numbers together have a tendency to blend when it should be obvious that THIS is to the left and THIS is in the middle, etc.
Here's my second shot at it with the titles reformatted. Lemme know what you think
Link
Old 09-17-2010   #5
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 25411 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Here's my second shot at it with the titles reformatted. Lemme know what you think
Link
That's pretty cool! Can you do the same for the Colts and let's see how our defense was?
Old 09-17-2010   #6
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 132643 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice work.............looks like Arian was just as good going right as left.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010   #7
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 147467 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Link
Much better.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-17-2010   #8
hradhak
Site Contributor

I'm planning on adding all the receiving stats and defense stats for an uupdate tomorrow. Ill try and get the skins cowboys game up to pshshow pregame stats before Sunday as well.
Old 09-18-2010   #9
hradhak
Site Contributor

Made some big updates to the stats script. Added receiver stats, defense stats, and sacks / pressure stats.

Some interesting things: we got 6 pressures on Peyton, but he still completed 5 of his passes while pressured.

I'll post the stats from the Redskins - Cowboys game in an hour or so.

http://texanstats.wordpress.com/2010...010-version-3/
Old 09-18-2010   #10
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 25411 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Made some big updates to the stats script. Added receiver stats, defense stats, and sacks / pressure stats.

Some interesting things: we got 6 pressures on Peyton, but he still completed 5 of his passes while pressured.

I'll post the stats from the Redskins - Cowboys game in an hour or so.

http://texanstats.wordpress.com/2010...010-version-3/
How did you come up with only 6 pressures when the Texans were credited with 10 qb hits and I don't know how many hurries.
Old 09-18-2010   #11
hradhak
Site Contributor

Unfortunately the nfl pbp data doesn't record all qb pressures / hurries so my script only displays what it has on the pbp. Ill probably take it out for the next post
Old 09-18-2010   #12
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Unfortunately the nfl pbp data doesn't record all qb pressures / hurries so my script only displays what it has on the pbp. Ill probably take it out for the next post
It's all good man, I was just curious. I really like the way you have set that up.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read