Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 09-17-2010   #1
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Doom and Gloom for some of our tailagates???

This would suck if it happened to us:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5581271

Quote:
Johnson's tailgate presents numerous concerns, Miller said.
He accused Johnson of being in violation of state law by dispensing liquor without a license. He said there's liability issues for the Bills, because this is happening on property they control. And Miller even noted there's the potential of someone getting hurt with the bowling ball, which people bounce on the ground after taking their shot.

"Irregardless of the fact that he may have been doing this over the course of a number of years, it doesn't make it right," Miller said. "People taking shots out of a bowling ball actually has the effect of repelling families."
Ouch...
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010   #2
Mean Machine
Veteran

Rep Power: 114 Mean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respectedMean Machine is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Doom and Gloom for some of our tailagates???

This could become an issue for sure....right now, the bigger concern for us in the Blue Lot are that we are being overtaken by corporate party tailgates....they set up usually before the gates are even opened, (how do they do that!)then the 'clients' don't even get there till 11am or so.
Added to that, it has been my understanding that RV's & Travel Trailers were to set up over on the far East side of the Blue Lot, now that's not happening.

Signed,
concerned in the Blue lot.
sec 637: Gridiron, Texas.
Mean Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010   #3
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Machine View Post
This could become an issue for sure....right now, the bigger concern for us in the Blue Lot are that we are being overtaken by corporate party tailgates....they set up usually before the gates are even opened, (how do they do that!)then the 'clients' don't even get there till 11am or so.
Added to that, it has been my understanding that RV's & Travel Trailers were to set up over on the far East side of the Blue Lot, now that's not happening.

Signed,
concerned in the Blue lot.
Send an email to fanfeedback@houstontex...... Voice your concerns with them, and rest assured you will get a reply back from them on it. A few times that I have, I have got a reply back same day with answers to why. If enough people email them about the same thing, something will get done, but until you do, if they don't know about it...
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010   #4
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

That is Pinto Ron and he is a friend of mine, I have not done the bowling Ball yet but it is a conversation piece to say the least
Old 09-17-2010   #5
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Doom and Gloom for some of our tailagates???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Texan View Post
That is Pinto Ron and he is a friend of mine, I have not done the bowling Ball yet but it is a conversation piece to say the least
Lindsay and Kathryn did bowling ball shots in Canton!

As for enforcing the rules, if TABC ever wanted to go crazy, it would put a hurt on tailgating.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010   #6
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97234 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'm still trying to figure out what the problem is with this guy? What's the big deal of him and his peeps having a shot out of a bowling ball? Doesn't seem all that appealing really, but I don't see what's so dangerous about it to where he's got to get banned from tailgating or anything. This guy doesn't sound like some big problem maker or a guy that has bad intentions in any way. I don't really see what the big deal is here.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 311961 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
As for enforcing the rules, if TABC ever wanted to go crazy, it would put a hurt on tailgating.
No doubt. And if they ever wanted to enforce DUI laws at the exit gate of every parking lot, it would put a hurt on a lot of Texans fans.
Old 09-18-2010   #8
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
No doubt. And if they ever wanted to enforce DUI laws at the exit gate of every parking lot, it would put a hurt on a lot of Texans fans.
I never understood why this isn't standard practice. Easy pickings! Instead of devising and manning some outrageous speed trap, maybe they'd be doing the public a great service and banking some serious change to boot. Offficers wouldn't be portrayed as negatively (using entrapment methods to meet a quota or so I've heard)
Old 09-18-2010   #9
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I never understood why this isn't standard practice. Easy pickings! Instead of devising and manning some outrageous speed trap, maybe they'd be doing the public a great service and banking some serious change to boot. Offficers wouldn't be portrayed as negatively (using entrapment methods to meet a quota or so I've heard)
The cops at the game are employed by Bob McNair and are responsible for RReliant only I do Believe
Old 09-18-2010   #10
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The cops at the game are employed by Bob McNair and are responsible for RReliant only I do Believe
I believe the officers working at the game are mostly hired as off-duty officers. I'm referring to actively onduty and there's plenty working the city..
Old 09-18-2010   #11
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29231 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Irregardless is not a word. Every time I see it I cringe.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010   #12
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post
Irregardless is not a word. Every time I see it I cringe.
We have had a few conversations about that, and yes it is a word
Old 09-18-2010   #13
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Why dont we all just become communist and slaves, I mean damn! You just can't have fun or be different any more.

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010   #14
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
I believe the officers working at the game are mostly hired as off-duty officers. I'm referring to actively onduty and there's plenty working the city..
Its just a matter of time before you have a 15-20 Police Car HPD Task Force set up both ways on 288 and 610 pulling people over left and right and checking.

All it will take is a serious injury/fatality crash involving someone driving drunk and coming from Reliant.
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010   #15
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 6268 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

They do that around here for sabers nhl games. They usually set up at the first major intersection and check everyone...slows down traffic like crazy

Sent from my DROIDX
Old 09-18-2010   #16
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 51245 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected

What happened to tailgating being slapping some meat on a grill, popping the top off some cold ones and spending some time with family and friends? When did it turn into the giant corporate backed monstrosities where you have to have wristbands or whatever to even get in? I mean some of these things are like a freaking night club. People standing in line at the entrance while the bouncer checks to see if you're on the guest list.

This story sounds to me like some schmuck who gets offended by every f'ing thing and has nothing better to do than ***** about it to somebody. Seriously, with all that's going on at tailgates, there's something for everybody. You're at an event where there are thousands of people. Chances are, those thousands of people aren't going to have the same thoughts and views as you. I mean, if I set up next to somebody playing country music (which I can't stand) - oh well. As long as it's at a decent level, it's just tailgate background noise to me.

If you're bringing the kids, don't park next to the big setups. In the Yellow Lot for example, things are much, much quieter the further away from the first 3 or 4 rows you are. If you don't like to shotgun beer, then don't walk over to Shotgun 30 with your kids. Or stay away from the octo-funnel a little further down. It isn't that f'ing hard.

It's not about who's passing out free alcohol to who, because there are always going to be people who are going to drink way too much, without or without these big setups. It's about some whiney little bee-atch who goes around looking for something to be offended by. If you don't like it, go into the stadium, or park where tailgaters are playing Scrabble and Parcheesi, or stay the ******* home.

thatsbulltailgaters.net
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010   #17
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 82523 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

The Latest development.

Quote:
Johnson told The Associated Press by phone Saturday he's been convinced not to move from the team's main parking lot, where he's been a fixture for 21 years. The change of heart came after Johnson was contacted by a Bills official asking him to stay.
LINK
Old 09-18-2010   #18
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
The Latest development.

LINK
That's good to hear.
Old 09-18-2010   #19
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 29231 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
We have had a few conversations about that, and yes it is a word
No, it's not.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010   #20
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected

Christ, the WHOLE WORLD revolves around kids and being family-friendly. The NFL just needs to effing get over it and realize that some tailgates are going to have an "adult element." As long as it's sensible, then wtf is wrong with adults having a good time and not having to worry about offending some sniveling little kid?

Quote:
"People taking shots out of a bowling ball actually has the effect of repelling families."
WWAAAAAHHHH!!!! WAAAAAHHHH!!! Is this guy set up in a tunnel that forces everyone to walk right by him? I've been in stadium parking lots before, and I'm pretty sure you can walk one of many ways to get where you need to go. If you don't like it, walk somewhere else!!

I'm just so SICK and TIRED of people whining about their kids and their families when everything is so antiseptic and PC. Oh no, somebody cussed. Oh no, an adult drank alcohol out of something that isn't a glass (who cares!)

It's not like this dude is handing out shots to little kids or showing porn to Bills fans.

The overwhelming corporate nature of the NFL is really, really wearing on my nerves.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read