Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-17-2010   #1
pissknocker
Veteran

Rep Power: 969 pissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respectedpissknocker is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bernard Pollard MNF at House of Blues

Did you guys know about this? I just received this email from HoB. Apparently it started last MNF.

I cant get the link to work but here's what is reads:

Bernard Pollard Show Each Monday Night at House of Blues at Houston Pavilions

Come hang with Texans safety Bernard Pollard and the 610 crew in the Bronze peacock room each Monday Night Football. Food, cheap drink specials Big screens. No cover.Doors open at 5pm
pissknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010   #2
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Re: Bernard Pollard MNF at House of Blues

I listened to his show on Monday night, and I was very impressed.
Bernard is a very well spoken man, with very intelligent conversations (Purdue)and of course..funny as hell.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010   #3
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 110481 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Loved the BP Hour!

Photo courtesy of Frak The Jags

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010   #4
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12220 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
I listened to his show on Monday night, and I was very impressed.
Bernard is a very well spoken man, with very intelligent conversations (Purdue)and of course..funny as hell.
What's the first thing they say when they talk about Colin Powell? What's their compliment? He's well-spoken. Well-spoken is not a compliment. Well-spoken is something you say about people you don't expect to be able to speak. How do they expect Colin Powell to sound? Like, "I'm gonna drop me a bomb today!" - Chris Rock
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010   #5
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 30799 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookinreds View Post
What's the first thing they say when they talk about Colin Powell? What's their compliment? He's well-spoken. Well-spoken is not a compliment. Well-spoken is something you say about people you don't expect to be able to speak. How do they expect Colin Powell to sound? Like, "I'm gonna drop me a bomb today!" - Chris Rock
I wish I could rep you 200 times.

I have lost count of the number of people who have told me over my professional career how "well spoken" and "poised" I was. Give me a break. I'm sure not all of those people meant any harm, but, you are correct, being called "well spoken" isn't a compliment.
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010   #6
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13222 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post

I have lost count of the number of people who have told me over my professional career how "well spoken" and "poised" I was. Give me a break. I'm sure not all of those people meant any harm, but, you are correct, being called "well spoken" isn't a compliment.
It's like telling someone 'gee, you're not a complete *****!'
Old 09-17-2010   #7
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 129410 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
It's like telling someone 'gee, you're not a complete *****!'
It's really them saying "Hey, you're smarter than you look!"

But, there are a number of people that mean it as a compliment, such as "He is a polite, well spoken young man"
Brain Cushing
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-17-2010   #8
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 42567 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

After Bernard's relatively minor slip-up last Sunday, I think well spoken is implied as a compliment in this regard.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010   #9
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10688 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonspartan View Post

Maybe to you but many people mean it as an actual compliment, I would say most the time. "Well spoken" has always been used this way, never as a way to inflict harm. Makes me think what other compliments you take offensive lol.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010   #10
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Well spoken is a compliment.

It's not that you expect someone to be a complete doofus...

It just means that they are well spoken...

Everyone cannot speak well...Even people who don't speak poorly are not necessarily well spoken...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010   #11
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 146868 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

i'm never described as well spoken, it's usually "he has a nice personality".
Old 10-04-2010   #12
Ckw

Is this happening tonight? Next week? Anyone know?
Old 10-04-2010   #13
mokalus
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 mokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respectedmokalus is a quality contributor and well respected

If 'EFF YOU MOTHER-EFFER' isn't well-spoken, I don't know what is.
mokalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010   #14
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 65244 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Is this happening tonight? Next week? Anyone know?
I'm about 99% sure it's every Monday.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010   #15
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Is Stephen Hawking well-spoken?
Old 10-04-2010   #16
silvrhand
Site Contributor

Section: 135J 5-8
Rep Power: 40481 silvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respectedsilvrhand is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to silvrhand Send a message via MSN to silvrhand Send a message via Yahoo to silvrhand

Quote:
WTF? Since when has being called "well spoken" actually a bad thing? To me it means that you have good presence think through your thoughts, formulate a response and respond with a well thought out comment that's on target. Instead of just dropping whatever you feel like you want to say and making an ass out of yourself, aka Randy Moss..

sigh.. I wish this country would go backwards to people that had manners, slow down life, and in general get back to values.. )(*#()$@ I must be getting old if I'm thinking this way..
silvrhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010   #17
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
You should of put the first part in quotes too. You got it from the show The League.
Old 10-04-2010   #18
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 129410 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
WTF? Since when has being called "well spoken" actually a bad thing? To me it means that you have good presence think through your thoughts, formulate a response and respond with a well thought out comment that's on target. Instead of just dropping whatever you feel like you want to say and making an ass out of yourself, aka Randy Moss..

sigh.. I wish this country would go backwards to people that had manners, slow down life, and in general get back to values.. )(*#()$@ I must be getting old if I'm thinking this way..

Yep! Before you know it, you will be a curmudgeon....
Brain Cushing
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010   #19
hookinreds
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12220 hookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respectedhookinreds is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardKnockTexan View Post
You should of put the first part in quotes too. You got it from the show The League.
Yes, it should have all been in quotes, but I figured it was such a well known Chris Rock bit that it didn't require the additional quotes especially when I noted it was Chris Rock. Can't tell you what "The League" is, never seen it, but I got it from his stand up act.
hookinreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010   #20
HardKnockTexan
All Pro

Rep Power: 28 HardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performerHardKnockTexan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Yes, it should have all been in quotes, but I figured it was such a well known Chris Rock bit that it didn't require the additional quotes especially when I noted it was Chris Rock. Can't tell you what "The League" is, never seen it, but I got it from his stand up act.
"The League" is a show on FX about a group of guys that play fantasy football. Your prior post was almost word for word what was said on that show last week.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read