Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Whats the worst that could happen?
Neil Rackers blows a chip shot and a short potential gamewinning field goal late 1 2.44%
We get dominated (somehow) 13 31.71%
We get a huge lead and choke it away in a loss 13 31.71%
Schaub gets a concussion in a impressive win (out for next gm) 14 34.15%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-17-2010   #1
Air Canada
Veteran

Rep Power: 790 Air Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Whats the worst that could happen (Week 2)

A look at some dreadful scenarios

A. The Texans come out and find a way to get absolutely dominated defensively by the Redskins and lose going away.

B. The Texans get hot and get an early lead in the 1st half up 3 scores, but allow the Redskins to come back with turnovers and miscues ie. a big fumble and or interception resulted in a loss by a late field goal.

C. Both teams come out playing very physically on defense keeping both opposing offenses down and a low-scoring game... The Texans miss a couple 30yd. field goals.. 1 early and another at the end of the game a potential gamewinner by Neil Rackers our newly acquired kicker.

D. The Texans do what we expect and massacre the Redskins scoring 4tds with Schaub and AJ lighting them up in the air and Arian going for a buck 10... only for Schaub to get knocked outta the game late with a concussion that will keep him out of the following game vs. Dallas.

Now don't worry, none of this will happen.
What will happen is the Texans will come out and make a statement on the road with a dominant performance. And show the league they are getting better each week and a team to contend for not just the division, but the whole AFC.
Air Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010   #2
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 53235 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Default Re: Whats the worst that could happen (Week 2)

E. Kubiak installs Vista.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010   #3
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Canada View Post
A look at some dreadful scenarios

A. The Texans come out and find a way to get absolutely dominated defensively by the Redskins and lose going away.

B. The Texans get hot and get an early lead in the 1st half up 3 scores, but allow the Redskins to come back with turnovers and miscues ie. a big fumble and or interception resulted in a loss by a late field goal.

C. Both teams come out playing very physically on defense keeping both opposing offenses down and a low-scoring game... The Texans miss a couple 30yd. field goals.. 1 early and another at the end of the game a potential gamewinner by Neil Rackers our newly acquired kicker.

D. The Texans do what we expect and massacre the Redskins scoring 4tds with Schaub and AJ lighting them up in the air and Arian going for a buck 10... only for Schaub to get knocked outta the game late with a concussion that will keep him out of the following game vs. Dallas.

Now don't worry, none of this will happen.
What will happen is the Texans will come out and make a statement on the road with a dominant performance. And show they are getting better each week and a team to contend for the division and the whole AFC.

Just sayin. No need to go here. Don't need it, won't read it anymore.
Old 09-17-2010   #4
Air Canada
Veteran

Rep Power: 790 Air Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respectedAir Canada is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post

Just sayin. No need to go here. Don't need it, won't read it anymore.
Guess I just couldn't help messing with some fellow fans today...
Air Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010   #5
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
Thanks, needed that. Now I have coffee all over my work pc
Old 09-17-2010   #6
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 53235 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Thanks, needed that. Now I have coffee all over my work pc
Glad I could help.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010   #7
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 143118 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Air Canada View Post
Guess I just couldn't help messing with some fellow fans today...
Lol. To answer the question I want it all to go perfect, but if I can't have it all let's just get out of there healthy. To reiterate though, I want it all.
Old 09-17-2010   #8
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Plenty of "could"... but I'll play the game "will":

The worst that 'will' happen is Schaub throws another pick on our way to another impressive dominating performance that results in a W.

The worst thing last game was Barwin's injury. This week and those that follow, we will not have any major scares like that.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010   #9
HTown2ATX
TexansMetalhead

Rep Power: 62368 HTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedHTown2ATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Injury to Schaub would be horrible.

After years of being hesitant about thinking we "should" beat a team based on paper, I have to say I feel good about this game. I AM NOT saying this is a lock or anything by any means so chill before you get started......

But I do think that the Skins Offense B-L-O-W-S, BLOWS, BLOWS, BLOWS (to steal a chant from the Jets) and their D only looked so good cause Dallas is not as good as they get praised for IMO.

Just saying, IMO, we win this game then come home and play balls out against Dallas and hopefully end up 3-0 to start the year.

After years of being half glass empty, I'm trying to be be half glass full. BUt maybe I think I'm too smart now that I started Arian Foster last weekend and DOMINATED fools in my league!!

Dormant bodies bursting!
HTown2ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010   #10
Jeff S.
Rookie

Rep Power: 43 Jeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
Lol. To answer the question I want it all to go perfect, but if I can't have it all let's just get out of there healthy. To reiterate though, I want it all.
Right. The worst scenario is not in the poll: a season-ending injury to Schaub.

But every game is a test. We passed the first one, now there's a new test--playing on the road, favored, with a winning record. I hate to say it but if they do beat the Redskins, a loss to Dallas would be...uh...not as bad as it could be. I'd trade a loss to Dallas for two wins over Nashville's team in a heartbeat.

But screw that, I want it all, too.
Jeff S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 115739 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Re: Whats the worst that could happen (Week 2)
We lose
Old 09-17-2010   #12
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 253700 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff S. View Post
Right. The worst scenario is not in the poll: a season-ending injury to Schaub.

But every game is a test. We passed the first one, now there's a new test--playing on the road, favored, with a winning record. I hate to say it but if they do beat the Redskins, a loss to Dallas would be...uh...not as bad as it could be. I'd trade a loss to Dallas for two wins over Nashville's team in a heartbeat.

But screw that, I want it all, too.
Before the Colts opener, I was thinking if the Texans can somehow manage a 3-3 start to the season I'd be happier than hell. Now I'm thinking it's very possible to have a 5-1 record going into the bye week.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010   #13
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Brakos!
Old 09-17-2010   #14
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185617 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That is a better option than the OP's .... cause all those options suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Air Canada!

Fixed that for you ...

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010   #15
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 40960 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate threads like this. There is a whole lotta bad that could happen, and it seems to me that this is just asking for it. The old Karma is a ***** thing ya know?
Old 09-17-2010   #16
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Karma takes too long to happen or else I'd be neutered and bald by now.

Worst case is we get the shit kicked out of us in all phases of the game. A season ending injury to any of our stars would be absolutely awful, but I think having everybody healthy and looking like total crap could really be even worse and could start a skid that would knock out any good feelings we had about week 1.
Old 09-17-2010   #17
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

We lose...that'd be horrible.
Old 09-17-2010   #18
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm going with "E" - None of the above. And I will go with the footnote. That's almost verbatim what I was going to respond with. Well said.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010   #19
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

What a morbid thread. Why is there even a discussion about this?

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010   #20
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

What a depressing thread...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read