Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 03-21-2005   #1
tacoman_j
Veteran

Default Cory Bradford

The BEST RECIEVER in WORLD has narrowed his prospects to the LIONS and TEXANS. I'm hoping that we keep him @ a reduced cost.

Source: ESPN 790 AM
tacoman_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005   #2
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

LoL why would he want to be the Lions 3rd or 4th receiver when he could probably still be the #2 here? I wouldn't mind seeing him back if it's for less than he made last year...
Old 03-21-2005   #3
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

I would rather keep him, and use our draft picks on other things.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005   #4
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

If we aren't drafting a WR with our first pick, I hope we sign him.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005   #5
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

@ this
Old 03-21-2005   #6
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

I disagree with those of you saying signing Bradford would mean that we don't look WR in the draft...Chances are if we sign Corey, it will only be for a year, maybe two years tops...Most WRs coming into the league take a year or two to develop...Looks like Bradford may just be keeping a seat warm...
Old 03-21-2005   #7
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I think if we signed him.. we wouldnt look to WR in the draft. we have talent at the position, we dont really NEED anymore... if we drafted a WR it would be because we need a speedster. if Bradford came back and filled that role.. even for a year.. I dont think we would draft WR.. it could wait until next year.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 03-21-2005   #8
THEFUTURE
All Pro

no to bradford, no team gave him respect last year, so i dont want him back. mike williams all the way baby
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005   #9
HoustonLionsFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
LoL why would he want to be the Lions 3rd or 4th receiver when he could probably still be the #2 here? I wouldn't mind seeing him back if it's for less than he made last year...
FYI- If the Lions get another WR, they will probably cut Az Hakim. Heck, they may cut him anyway (June 1, 2.35 mil off the cap). So Bradford would probably be #3, however, we all know about Crog's health. That is why the Lions are looking for another WR.
HoustonLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005   #10
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

I think the Glassman can stay healthy this year...Don't ask me why...It's just the impression that I get after seeing guys like Grant Hill finally stay relatively healthy, but I'm well aware that you can't bank on hope...I would think yall would want to bring in somebody better than Bradford, though...
Old 03-21-2005   #11
outofhnd
All Pro

Grant hill wont have to run a slant over the middle. Plus they were his collarbones. They will never be the same they will be weaker. Besides I think Bradfor would be a good receiver if he ran something other than a hail mary route this year.
outofhnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005   #12
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Yeah true, I agree with you somewhat on the Rogers issue...

If his football career doesn't work out, he could go back to commercials..

"I'm...Charles...Rogers...I had 22 catches and 3 career touchdowns" (weak impression of his draft day commercial in 2003)...
Old 03-21-2005   #13
outofhnd
All Pro

Im sure Fox, ESPN, NFL, or CBS could use his extensive gametime experience and propel him into a top notch analyst. He can be right up there with Randy Cross, Bill Maas, and Brian Baldinger.
Old 03-21-2005   #14
spence425
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofhnd
Grant hill wont have to run a slant over the middle. Plus they were his collarbones. They will never be the same they will be weaker. Besides I think Bradfor would be a good receiver if he ran something other than a hail mary route this year.

whatever man...CRog has a metal plate in his collarbone. and if he breaks the other one, they'll put one in that too....bionic man baby. as a lions fan and a texans fan, i think either team would benefit greatly from bradford. i like his style, and i think he's got more skill than a lot of number 3 WRs out there.
spence425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005   #15
outofhnd
All Pro

"Bionic Man" should be visiting his friend "Milkman" to strengthen his bones.

Its unfortunate, but he may be a bust, though I hope he is not I enjoyed watching him in college. Plus with the Emergence of Roy Williams there won't be immense pressure on his performance.

Oh and by the way I think He has broken both collarbones. I think his rookie year he broke one and this year he broke the other.
Old 03-22-2005   #16
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default bradford....

Bradford would be a nice keep, only if he is willing to accept his role in the event that someone steps up and takes his job. The guy has always shown potential, but never stepped up to that next level. Think about it, he had a future NFL Hall of Famer throwing him the ball in Green Bay, and couldn't get on the same page! Sign him to protect your receiving corp, but if Michael Clayton falls to #13 in the draft, you have your #2 receiver to go along with another future hall of famer...........#80 Andre the Great!
Old 03-22-2005   #17
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default sorry...

I meant to say....Mark Clayton, Oklahoma, WR!!!!
Old 03-22-2005   #18
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Mark Clayton will likely still be on the board until the 22nd pick...He's the 4th best WR in this draft...
Old 03-22-2005   #19
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ReK
Mark Clayton will likely still be on the board until the 22nd pick...He's the 4th best WR in this draft...
It will be interesting to see how much his height plays into his draft positioning. He was measured at about 5'9", right?

If we discard that #, how does he compare to the 3 above him in terms of hands, route running, and speed, and quickness?

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005   #20
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Clayton is smaller and quicker (but not a burner) like a run and shoot type WR (think Drew Hill and Earnest Givins). If you are not that old he compares to the Patriots Deion Branch.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read