Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texan Tailgate The social network of Houston Texan fans around the World. Plan a gathering, find a tailgate, make a friend. This is the forum for player appearances, announcements or any Texans related group event (players or fans).

Old 09-16-2010   #1
Tailgate.Kidz
insert here

Rep Power: 16 Tailgate.Kidz is a Hall of FamerTailgate.Kidz is a Hall of FamerTailgate.Kidz is a Hall of FamerTailgate.Kidz is a Hall of FamerTailgate.Kidz is a Hall of FamerTailgate.Kidz is a Hall of FamerTailgate.Kidz is a Hall of FamerTailgate.Kidz is a Hall of FamerTailgate.Kidz is a Hall of Famer
Talking Trying to start a tailgate

Hello everyone. I am new to the site but not a new Texans fan. ive been gone since 2004 cause of military duties but now im back in houston and ready to start supporting my team from here!

With that being said, i also need some help and tips on how to start a tailgating team or group the right way. I would like to have a bus for the group to.

If someone on here has their tailgating partys on point, please help me in getting started. Thanks
Tailgate.Kidz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #2
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Trying to start a tailgate

Bwahahahahahahaahahhahahaahhaahahah. Sorry, in reference to a thread griping about my tailgate.

Get a Planitum pass and come party with us!
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #3
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trying to start a tailgate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
You don't need a high falutin' Platinum pass to tailgate.

Pick a lot...bring some friends, food and drink and have a good time. Each time you do it, you figure out what you will need. Its not hard to do...really. Have your friends bring some stuff to the party.

Sometimes bsmall is better...big just means expensive(although there is nothing wrong with that either).

The point is...just tailgate and have fun!
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #4
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 38426 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Be sure to bring yourself some shade early in the season. It gets really hot.
Old 09-16-2010   #5
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate.Kidz View Post
Hello everyone. I am new to the site but not a new Texans fan. ive been gone since 2004 cause of military duties but now im back in houston and ready to start supporting my team from here!

With that being said, i also need some help and tips on how to start a tailgating team or group the right way. I would like to have a bus for the group to.

If someone on here has their tailgating partys on point, please help me in getting started. Thanks
Welcome back and thanks for serving !!!

As for starting one up.. as stated above, grab some friends, pick a lot, (they all have good one's) and start out small... it will get bigger as each game goes by until you figure that it is how you want it.. Get some canopies, coolers and a grill.. from then on, it'll be like you've always been there..
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #6
Tailgate.Kidz
insert here

Rep Power: 16 Tailgate.Kidz is a Hall of FamerTailgate.Kidz is a Hall of FamerTailgate.Kidz is a Hall of FamerTailgate.Kidz is a Hall of FamerTailgate.Kidz is a Hall of FamerTailgate.Kidz is a Hall of FamerTailgate.Kidz is a Hall of FamerTailgate.Kidz is a Hall of FamerTailgate.Kidz is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Bwahahahahahahaahahhahahaahhaahahah. Sorry, in reference to a thread griping about my tailgate.

ill check ur thread ou....but as for a platnum pass, ima have to pass cause i kno those are hard and expensive to come by.
Old 09-16-2010   #7
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected

Get a parking pass, some friends, a grill and a cooler. Then have fun and see where it takes ya'!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Sponsored links
Old 09-16-2010   #8
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
ill check ur thread ou....but as for a platnum pass, ima have to pass cause i kno those are hard and expensive to come by.
If you do not have season tickets, you'll need to find passes on Ebay or on here. You can not buy them at the gate the day of them game.

No need to read my thread, I was griping about some friends
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 09-16-2010   #9
Tailgate.Kidz
insert here

ive tried to organize a group of freinds to go in for a bus a year ago so we would have enough time to get it this season but it failed. im thinking i will get the bus in the near future but for now its going to be small with canopies.

Is their anythng extra needed to be able to have a a bus their?? like permits or more passes???
Old 09-16-2010   #10
Tailgate.Kidz
insert here

as for parking passes, one of my friends has season tix and a yellow lot pass. i spoke with him and he said that i would be able to buy some still. is that true?
Old 09-16-2010   #11
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
ive tried to organize a group of freinds to go in for a bus a year ago so we would have enough time to get it this season but it failed. im thinking i will get the bus in the near future but for now its going to be small with canopies.

Is their anythng extra needed to be able to have a a bus their?? like permits or more passes???
You need one pass for each parking space your vehicle will occupy. Also, if you're thinking bus, you may want to check out insurance first. I've been told (so it may not be true) you have to pay for number of passengers possible, even if you rip all the seats out.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 09-16-2010   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com View Post
You don't need a high falutin' Platinum pass to tailgate.

Pick a lot...bring some friends, food and drink and have a good time. Each time you do it, you figure out what you will need. Its not hard to do...really. Have your friends bring some stuff to the party.

Sometimes bsmall is better...big just means expensive(although there is nothing wrong with that either).

The point is...just tailgate and have fun!
Believe me when I tell you, there is nothing highfalutin about our Crew. Have you met Joe Texan??
Old 09-16-2010   #13
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
as for parking passes, one of my friends has season tix and a yellow lot pass. i spoke with him and he said that i would be able to buy some still. is that true?
On here or Ebay or some where. Texans only sell passes to folks with Season Tickets.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 09-16-2010   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

What Yankee said. Come by and either start tailgating with us or at least swing by and pick our brains, hang out and observe.
Old 09-16-2010   #15
Tailgate.Kidz
insert here

Quote:
You need one pass for each parking space your vehicle will occupy. Also, if you're thinking bus, you may want to check out insurance first. I've been told (so it may not be true) you have to pay for number of passengers possible, even if you rip all the seats out.
damn!!!!! that sucks. good thing one of my friends works for allstate. hopefully he can give me a good deal
Old 09-16-2010   #16
Tailgate.Kidz
insert here

Quote:
On here or Ebay or some where. Texans only sell passes to folks with Season Tickets.
so my friend with season tix can buy passes for me for the rest of the season! nice. check that off the list
Old 09-16-2010   #17
Tailgate.Kidz
insert here

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
What Yankee said. Come by and either start tailgating with us or at least swing by and pick our brains, hang out and observe.
i will have to take u up on that. are your tailgates big?
Old 09-16-2010   #18
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
so my friend with season tix can buy passes for me for the rest of the season! nice. check that off the list
I believe the Texans only sell them before the season starts, but you'd have to call them to find out.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 09-16-2010   #19
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 118533 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Believe me when I tell you, there is nothing highfalutin about our Crew. Have you met Joe Texan??
Forget Joe...wait till you meet Bill!
Old 09-16-2010   #20
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I've met Joe! He's been by TexanMojo!

So has Yankee.
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texan Tailgate
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read