Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-16-2010   #1
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Redskins Roundtable

Did a roundtable with some good Redskins writers:

Redskins Roundtable: What you need to read before Texans-Redskins

I enjoyed it. I hope you do too.

Old 09-16-2010   #2
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Redskins Roundtable

Still reading, but I thought this was funny:

Quote:
Jamie: FedEx Field is massive, in the middle of nowhere and devoid of personality, so I don't think the Texans and/or Texans fans should be all that intimidated.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #3
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

They seem really down on Haynesworth...Dont' think he will be much of a factor despite having some success against Schaub in the past...
Old 09-16-2010   #4
Rey
Hall of Fame

That was an excellent read and it certainly helped me learn a little bit more about their team.
Old 09-16-2010   #5
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 129410 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Simply Outstanding read! Thanks!
Brain Cushing
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 195710 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I think there will be some plays designed to take Orakpo out of the way. Mis directions, etc.
Old 09-16-2010   #7
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
I think there will be some plays designed to take Orakpo out of the way. Mis directions, etc.
Yeah...

I would hope that the Texans coaching staff is smart enough to not let one player beat them...If he is the most dominant player on their D, then I hope the Texans find a way to slow him down some..
Sponsored links
Old 09-16-2010   #8
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 129410 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
And running the ball right at him a bunch early will slow him down. Especially after he meets "The Hammer" a few times...
Brain Cushing
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #9
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 268617 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Great venue, TC.

Quote:
Sources have indicated to our beat writers that Haynesworth still hasn't bought in or learned the defense entirely, and that coaches aren't totally comfortable with him being in there on rushing downs.
This is consistent with comments I posted in another thread.....that Haynesworth seemed to still be playing the Titans scheme in the Shanahan D..........that would indeed be confusing.............to him and the team!
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #10
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 195710 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
And running the ball right at him a bunch early will slow him down. Especially after he meets "The Hammer" a few times...
Arakpo is 6'4" 260. I could see Leach bangin with him once or twice but I would not take that approach. I am more of ju-jitsu "use his strength against him". I want Arakpo not knowing whether he should attack the line or play back for a pass. Keep him in no man's land and confused. Our TEs and slots should keep him jumping. I think Slaton could actually do well on draws and receiving out of the backfield.
Old 09-16-2010   #11
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13222 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Good stuff as always, thanks!
Old 09-16-2010   #12
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291679 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

If you haven't checked out this Tony Romo faux FaceBook page, you should. Very creative.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #13
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314445 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

This quote makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Quote:
Murf: Honestly, the Houston Texans worry me. Last year, the Texans had the number-one ranked passing offense in football, thanks to Matt Schaub, Andre Johnson and a bunch of spare parts. Now, all of the sudden, some guy named Arian Foster shows up and the ground game is as lethal as the aerial attack. Throw in a young and speedy defense, and this is a team that is built to compete this year and for years to come.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #14
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Did a roundtable with some good Redskins writers:

Redskins Roundtable: What you need to read before Texans-Redskins

I enjoyed it. I hope you do too.

That was terrific, thanks for sharing! Will this be a weekly contribution? I think it is a great format and reads very well.
Old 09-16-2010   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Agreed!!

Steph, that was awesome - as usual!! Rep, if I could!!
Old 09-16-2010   #16
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
That was terrific, thanks for sharing! Will this be a weekly contribution? I think it is a great format and reads very well.
That one is unusual because the Redskins have so many good bloggers. I like to do these though I generally don't for divisional matchups because I feel like people know the teams pretty well. I try to figure out different and interesting ways to make watching the games on Sundays more interesting or get people more connected to the team.
Old 09-16-2010   #17
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
That one is unusual because the Redskins have so many good bloggers. I like to do these though I generally don't for divisional matchups because I feel like people know the teams pretty well. I try to figure out different and interesting ways to make watching the games on Sundays more interesting or get people more connected to the team.
So what you're saying is that we can't expect the same next week with the 'Gurls errrrr "Cupcakes" coming to town?

I kid people, I kid...
Old 09-17-2010   #18
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
^^^ This!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010   #19
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Not hating on Orakpo, but I think people are over intimidated by him. He is good, but our tackles did do a decent job against Freeney and Mathis, one of the best book end DE's in the NFL.
Old 09-17-2010   #20
Big Lou
Stop Clowning

Section: DirecTV
Rep Power: 48384 Big Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respectedBig Lou is a quality contributor and well respected

"Murf: Honestly, the Houston Texans worry me. Last year, the Texans had the number-one ranked passing offense in football, thanks to Matt Schaub, Andre Johnson and a bunch of spare parts. Now, all of the sudden, some guy named Arian Foster shows up and the ground game is as lethal as the aerial attack. "

So KW, JJ, and OD are spare parts. Arguably one of the best groups of WR/TE's in the NFL are spare parts with out AJ. Really????

Look I know KW and JJ aren't Pro Bowl #1 WR's, but you don't want 3 #1 WR's in your line up. The #2 and #3 WR have special roles in the offense as does the #1.

Besides that we OD and Slaton, so I would hardley call that line up spare parts!!!!!! Oh and Andersons not horrible but any stretch of the imagination. Although he needs some dance lessons.

Great article, but that one comment pissed me off. I guess in a way Kubes/Schaub should take it as a compliment.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read