Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-16-2010   #1
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

Rep Power: 935 ATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Warren Sapp picked us to win again.

Just finished watching my DVR'ed inside the NFL and Sapp picked us to win vs INDY and then again vs Washington. The others picked us to beat INDY(till collinsworth changed his mind) but this time only Sapp stood by us. Im sorry but im just not that impressed with Washington. I know anything can happen but come on. We beat the defending AFC champs, Washington (barely) beat a Dallas team that hasnt looked like the same team of last year.
I know predections dont mean crap but I still feel like we still arent getting the respect we desearve. Sorry for the rant, just wanted to vent .
ATRAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #2
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 12708 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Warren Sapp picked us to win again.

Well, I don't buy into the logic that because we beat Indy, and Indy is better than Washington, we will beat Washington. I wish life were that simple. lol.

But, overall, I do think we have a great shot at beating Washington, though. I was not impressed with the play of their defensive backfield. If our passing game ramps up on Sunday, watch out...
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #3
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought Twinkle Toes was off the Texans bandwagon? I guess the Texans are the mistress he can't forget.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #4
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 114714 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
I thought Twinkle Toes was off the Texans bandwagon? I guess the Texans are the mistress he can't forget.
Noooo... he's totally supportive of his fellow Miami player A.J. and those Texans dudes he plays with
Old 09-16-2010   #5
TexansForTheW
Veteran

Rep Power: 323 TexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respected

Washington couldnt put the ball in the endzone one time. Struggled to move the ball and Dallas moved the ball pretty easily. How in the world did Washington win that game? There defense blitzed alot but they were constantly picked up and he was sacked once. Eric Winston vs Orakpo. I think thats a pretty good matchup ecspecially since Eric is one of the better RT in the league. Duane Brown is an underrated LT as well. There front did not get much push either. Its up to our guards, tackles and Leach to take out there athletic group of backers in the second level. The good thing is our line was made for that, an athletic group in which all have the ability to pull and block 5 yards down the field. If our run game works out well and we can suck the backers inside we will have oppurtunities to take big shots down the field as there safetys are not the greatest in coverage. Cant wait for Sunday.
TexansForTheW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #6
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansForTheW View Post
Washington couldnt put the ball in the endzone one time. Struggled to move the ball and Dallas moved the ball pretty easily. How in the world did Washington win that game? There defense blitzed alot but they were constantly picked up and he was sacked once. Eric Winston vs Orakpo. I think thats a pretty good matchup ecspecially since Eric is one of the better RT in the league. Duane Brown is an underrated LT as well. There front did not get much push either. Its up to our guards, tackles and Leach to take out there athletic group of backers in the second level. The good thing is our line was made for that, an athletic group in which all have the ability to pull and block 5 yards down the field. If our run game works out well and we can suck the backers inside we will have oppurtunities to take big shots down the field as there safetys are not the greatest in coverage. Cant wait for Sunday.
I hope the Texans are more careful in their assessment of the Redskins
than you are. Both the Cowboys and Redskins have elite-level defenses.
They also play a front the Texans struggle against, ESPECIALLY those
with high-end talent. Beating the Colts on opening day was a good first
start. However, beating the Redskins and Cowboys without getting our
QB killed will also be a first. The Jets, Ravens, Chargers, Giants, and Steelers also
have this tendency out-physical our offense into submission. That's
what they'd do to the "old" Texans.

How will the "new" Texans fare? I'm looking forward to it.
Old 09-16-2010   #7
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 25411 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DexmanC View Post
QB killed will also be a first. The Jets, Ravens, Chargers, Giants, and Steelers also

You make some good points. I also am looking forward to it. And am confidant that this year, the Texans won't let me down.
Old 09-16-2010   #8
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
. Both the Cowboys and Redskins have elite-level defenses.
I wouldn't call the Redskins defense "elite"...

Top 12...Yeah...

Elite??? Not close IMO...

Texans had more INT's and Fumble recoveries on defense than the Skins last year...

We allowed 10 more passing yards/game than they did, but they allowed 6 more rushing yards than us...They allowed over 100 yards a game on the ground last year...

They were in the top ten of total yards allowed but we were right behind them at 13.

I would reserve the use of the term elite for defenses like Baltimore, Greenbay, Pittsburg, Minnesotta and the Jets were an elite level defensive team last year...

Washington's defense is very good, but I wouldn't call them ELITE...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #9
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 1614 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

Quote:

Dex, I have been concerned about the upcoming game as well. I am having some "what if" thoughts, like what if the Colts are a team whose star is setting and they really aren't a good team. What if our Texans aren't as good as they looked like. What if they go into Washington overconfident and get taken to the wood shed. I hope none of these things are true. I hope
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #10
LEATHERHEAD
Veteran

Section: 123 C
Rep Power: 1016 LEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respectedLEATHERHEAD is a quality contributor and well respected

My first post hello all folks are team is ready,,,we got this they are on it..they have a swager now..you can see it..we have the guys bringing the wood on the DEF and now are double deadley on the offence with a run game..and we are 7-4 againest 3-4 deflast 2 years.EELLL
LEATHERHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #11
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28579 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEATHERHEAD View Post
My first post hello all folks are team is ready,,,we got this they are on it..they have a swager now..you can see it..we have the guys bringing the wood on the DEF and now are double deadley on the offence with a run game..and we are 7-4 againest 3-4 deflast 2 years.EELLL
We haven't beaten any physical, highly talented 3-4's at all. I say don't discount the Redskin's
D. You can't look at numbers to determine how physical a defense is. The
Dallas/Skins football game showed that BOTH defenses look to make offenses
scream. The Texans haven't beaten a team when its defense has such
a style in recent years, namely the Vikings, Steelers, Ravens, Jets, and
Chargers. The "new" Texans have to play like they did against the Colts
EVERY WEEK, or we could lose Schaub to a killshot.

The "new" Texans must exorcise the memory of the "old" Texans in 2010.
Old 09-16-2010   #12
TexansForTheW
Veteran

Rep Power: 323 TexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I watched the Cowboy/Redskin game this morning, there defense is by no means ELITE? I did find it interesting that Kubiak credited our strength and conditioning coach after the game citing him as a reason our team was strong throughout the game. I am not saying this game will be easy by any means, all I am saying is that if we play how we did last Sunday we will win the football game. Romo really did not get as much heat as you would have thought. The Cowboys moved the ball pretty methodically down the field and abandoned the run in the redzone. We scored all of our redzone td's via the run.
TexansForTheW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010   #13
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We haven't beaten any physical, highly talented 3-4's at all. I say don't discount the Redskin's
D. You can't look at numbers to determine how physical a defense is.
We beat the pats last year. We ran it down their throats.

Anyways, if we're going off things that haven't happened then the team should just stay home and send foster. . Cuz we've never beaten them and foster has never had a bad performance.

Redskins are not the d you think they are.

Last edited by Rey; 09-17-2010 at 01:05 PM.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010   #14
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

im with u everyone around here with coach talk one week at a time

Ill say this if foster and the oline run half has good has last week then we got this one in the bag

im more hyped about our Dallas game at home man the place will be rocking and man even if we have a 9-7 season beating dallas and sweeping the colts would be sweet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010   #15
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Any game on the road is going to make me nervous.

That said, I do not understand why so many people think that we are going ti lose this one. The team was 4-12 last year, yes I know that they have changed coaches,QB,etc and that has made them into a whole new team but I don't think you can go to elite that fast.

One thing that both teams have on their side is momentum which should make for a high energy game, I still see Texans winning!
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read