Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-16-2010   #1
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Washington game =

Biggest game in franchise history!

(Just had to get it out of the way before someone else beat me to the punch)
Old 09-16-2010   #2
RAIDERS1970
Rookie

Section: N/A
Rep Power: 0 RAIDERS1970 is a quality contributor and well respectedRAIDERS1970 is a quality contributor and well respectedRAIDERS1970 is a quality contributor and well respectedRAIDERS1970 is a quality contributor and well respectedRAIDERS1970 is a quality contributor and well respectedRAIDERS1970 is a quality contributor and well respectedRAIDERS1970 is a quality contributor and well respectedRAIDERS1970 is a quality contributor and well respectedRAIDERS1970 is a quality contributor and well respectedRAIDERS1970 is a quality contributor and well respectedRAIDERS1970 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Washington game =

Now obviously Im not a Texan fan But im no hater either. But to say that the wash and tex game is the franchises biggest is way off base. Last week vs the colt or when you play the ravens are way more important then the skins. The skins are not even division rivals. JMHO and good luck the rest of the season!
RAIDERS1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #3
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAIDERS1970 View Post
Now obviously Im not a Texan fan But im no hater either. But to say that the wash and tex game is the franchises biggest is way off base. Last week vs the colt or when you play the ravens are way more important then the skins. The skins are not even division rivals. JMHO and good luck the rest of the season!
Its a little joke around these boards. Basically its poking fun at some people last season who would pretty much call every game the most important game of the season .
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #4
RAIDERS1970
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 RAIDERS1970 is a quality contributor and well respectedRAIDERS1970 is a quality contributor and well respectedRAIDERS1970 is a quality contributor and well respectedRAIDERS1970 is a quality contributor and well respectedRAIDERS1970 is a quality contributor and well respectedRAIDERS1970 is a quality contributor and well respectedRAIDERS1970 is a quality contributor and well respectedRAIDERS1970 is a quality contributor and well respectedRAIDERS1970 is a quality contributor and well respectedRAIDERS1970 is a quality contributor and well respectedRAIDERS1970 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post
Its a little joke around these boards. Basically its poking fun at some people last season who would pretty much call every game the most important game of the season .
I got it NOW. Thats what I get for being the new guy huh.
Old 09-16-2010   #5
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

You know, even though it is not, it still is a HUGE game for the franchise. After finally getting the monkey off its back, and if they want to believe that they have turned the corner into a team that can be taken seriously, they need to win this game.. Win one, lose one, win 2 , lose 3, that has to stop, and losing this game in a lot of peoples minds would make last weeks win less important.
With Dallas coming up, winning the Washington game is huge no doubt, and it is almost as big as the Indy win last week for reasons such as this. Go into the Dallas game 2-0, and the players will now start to believe they are that good, but go into it 1-1, here we go again...
Biggest game in team history, no, but almost as important !!
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #6
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Haha. Welcome to the forum btw, as you probably already know I'm a Raiders fan as well, I ended up visiting these forums when the Texans picked up Slaton and have been on these boards ever since. I pretty much am a fan of the Texans, except when they play against the Raiders . The people here are extremely nice and welcoming, I'm sure if you stay here long enough you'll become a regular.
Old 09-16-2010   #7
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 254692 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
Biggest game in franchise history!

(Just had to get it out of the way before someone else beat me to the punch)
THIS is our Super Bowl.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-16-2010   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
You know, even though it is not, it still is a HUGE game for the franchise. After finally getting the monkey off its back, and if they want to believe that they have turned the corner into a team that can be taken seriously, they need to win this game.. Win one, lose one, win 2 , lose 3, that has to stop, and losing this game in a lot of peoples minds would make last weeks win less important.
With Dallas coming up, winning the Washington game is huge no doubt, and it is almost as big as the Indy win last week for reasons such as this. Go into the Dallas game 2-0, and the players will now start to believe they are that good, but go into it 1-1, here we go again...
Biggest game in team history, no, but almost as important !!
Quote:
Haha. Welcome to the forum btw, as you probably already know I'm a Raiders fan as well, I ended up visiting these forums when the Texans picked up Slaton and have been on these boards ever since. I pretty much am a fan of the Texans, except when they play against the Raiders . The people here are extremely nice and welcoming, I'm sure if you stay here long enough you'll become a regular.
Raider on Raider violence!! I like it!!!

Old 09-16-2010   #9
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

The biggest game in franchise history will be when the Texans play the Ravens on Monday night. That game will decide home field advantage throughout the playoffs. And then that game will be replaced by the first playoff game in history.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #10
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

Haha if you think this is violence, you should head over to the Raiders MB after a loss . Quite a few fans expected to dominate the Titans, knowing they had arguably the best RB in the league who would be up against our weak run defense. I expected it to be a close game, and was hoping we would pull through if we could limit CJ and force VY to throw the ball 90% of the time. Obviously that didn't happen, and CJ and VY were both able to run a train on our D.

The biggest disappointment has to be our offense. Our o-line looked just as bad as it did last season, and Campbell had a horrible game. When the o-line did give him time, he failed to make the throws half of the time.

Just wait, if Campbell doesn't step his game up tremendously and if we don't blow out the Rams, the Raiders MB will erupt. People are already asking for Gradkowski to start after that Week 1 loss, I can't even imagine what the reaction will be like if we lose in Week 2 .
Old 09-16-2010   #11
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

Then you should try going to one of their games...
Old 09-16-2010   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Haha if you think this is violence, you should head over to the Raiders MB after a loss . Quite a few fans expected to dominate the Titans, knowing they had arguably the best RB in the league who would be up against our weak run defense. I expected it to be a close game, and was hoping we would pull through if we could limit CJ and force VY to throw the ball 90% of the time. Obviously that didn't happen, and CJ and VY were both able to run a train on our D.

The biggest disappointment has to be our offense. Our o-line looked just as bad as it did last season, and Campbell had a horrible game. When the o-line did give him time, he failed to make the throws half of the time.

Just wait, if Campbell doesn't step his game up tremendously and if we don't blow out the Rams, the Raiders MB will erupt. People are already asking for Gradkowski to start after that Week 1 loss, I can't even imagine what the reaction will be like if we lose in Week 2 .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Then you should try going to one of their games...
Raiders fans celebrate big win:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRhXTnJjBnQ

Old 09-16-2010   #13
RAIDERS1970
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
The biggest game in franchise history will be when the Texans play the Ravens on Monday night. That game will decide home field advantage throughout the playoffs. And then that game will be replaced by the first playoff game in history.
AGREED. Beat a team you are not supposed to beat and lose to a team you should beat. Happens all the time in the NFL. And its not even a division rival or AFC rival for that matter. The Texans will beat the skins and if you dont then when you guys play that team from dallas you will really whoop that azz!!!JMHO
Old 09-16-2010   #14
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
THIS is our Super Bowl.
Needs "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and

I'd like to see us play the "Superbowl" of our short history every game through January.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #15
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 254692 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
AGREED. Beat a team you are not supposed to beat and lose to a team you should beat. Happens all the time in the NFL. And its not even a division rival or AFC rival for that matter. The Texans will beat the skins and if you dont then when you guys play that team from dallas you will really whoop that azz!!!JMHO
I just want to be 3-0 when we're looking at you guys on the schedule.
Old 09-16-2010   #16
RAIDERS1970
Rookie

Quote:
I just want to be 3-0 when we're looking at you guys on the schedule.
I understand but what if you are 3-0 when you play the RAIDERS and you lose that game? which I do hope we win by the way. But wouldnt that be even worse?
Old 09-16-2010   #17
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
And then that game will be replaced by the first playoff game in history.
This is entirely incorrect.

Everyone knows the Colts and Titans are our Super Bowl. Not even the playoffs would compare to these games.

If we made it to the Super Bowl...even that wouldn't compare to "our Super Bowl"...
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #18
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 253700 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I understand but what if you are 3-0 when you play the RAIDERS and you lose that game? which I do hope we win by the way. But wouldnt that be even worse?
Dude, I'll take a 3-1 start to the season any way I can get it. LOL

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #19
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Dude. I live in Dallas. Losing to the Cowboys would be absolutely the worst loss EVAR. I'm surrounded by Cowboy fans.

I'm in a league with a couple of friends of mine who are both Raider Nation guys and I may never hear the end of it if we lose to you guys. God knows I'll never hear the end of your 3 Super Bowls.

And we play the Chefs a couple of games after you guys, that would be a pretty bad loss, too.

You know, screw it, I just want to win them all. Is that too much to ask?
Old 09-16-2010   #20
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Dude. I live in Dallas. Losing to the Cowboys would be absolutely the worst loss EVAR. I'm surrounded by Cowboy fans.

I'm in a league with a couple of friends of mine who are both Raider Nation guys and I may never hear the end of it if we lose to you guys. God knows I'll never hear the end of your 3 Super Bowls.

And we play the Chefs a couple of games after you guys, that would be a pretty bad loss, too.

You know, screw it, I just want to win them all. Is that too much to ask?
It's the perfect thing to ask!
I've got the same problem, I've got friends who root for every team we play (even Jacksonville) due to being in the military. I never look forward to the crap I get when they beat us.
Here's to hoping this year I can be the crap giver all year!!
Texas T is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read