Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-16-2010   #1
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

Rep Power: 936 ATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Foster's Namaste

Dont know if someone posted this yet

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...a-ac8f6987e9a9

Texans running back Arian Foster was named the AFC Offensive Player of the Week on Wednesday for his 33-carry, 231-yard, three-touchdown rushing performance in Week 1 against the Indianapolis Colts.

“It’s an honor,” Foster said. “There’s a lot of great players in this league. They thought I was the cream of the crop this week, so it’s an honor. I’ll take it. But we’ve got another game. You can be a distant memory very fast in this league if you don’t stay focused.”

Origins of the bow
Each time Foster has scored this year – twice in the preseason, three times against the Colts – he has celebrated with a gracious bow in the end zone with his hands clasped together in front of his chest.

“I thought about it all (offseason),” Foster said of the celebration. “I feel like every running back should have their own little stamp on the game, and mine kind of stems from the core of what I believe. It’s a Namaste. It means respect. It’s a Hindu greeting and it just means, ‘I see the god in you.’ It’s paying my respects to the game of football.

“The basis of it is just, ‘I see you. I respect you.’ It’s kind of like – have you seen ‘Avatar,’ how they say ‘I see you?’ It’s kind of like that.”

Foster is not Hindu but has studied Hinduism, Buddhism and other cultures and religions “just to get a feel for people,” he said.
ATRAIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Foster's Namaste

Dude, I just looked this up and put the info in the thread for him winning AFC offensive player of the week honors.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRAIN View Post
Dont know if someone posted this yet

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...a-ac8f6987e9a9

Texans running back Arian Foster was named the AFC Offensive Player of the Week on Wednesday for his 33-carry, 231-yard, three-touchdown rushing performance in Week 1 against the Indianapolis Colts.

“It’s an honor,” Foster said. “There’s a lot of great players in this league. They thought I was the cream of the crop this week, so it’s an honor. I’ll take it. But we’ve got another game. You can be a distant memory very fast in this league if you don’t stay focused.

Origins of the bow
Each time Foster has scored this year – twice in the preseason, three times against the Colts – he has celebrated with a gracious bow in the end zone with his hands clasped together in front of his chest.

“I thought about it all (offseason),” Foster said of the celebration. “I feel like every running back should have their own little stamp on the game, and mine kind of stems from the core of what I believe. It’s a Namaste. It means respect. It’s a Hindu greeting and it just means, ‘I see the god in you.’ It’s paying my respects to the game of football.

“The basis of it is just, ‘I see you. I respect you.’ It’s kind of like – have you seen ‘Avatar,’ how they say ‘I see you?’ It’s kind of like that.”

Foster is not Hindu but has studied Hinduism, Buddhism and other cultures and religions “just to get a feel for people,” he said.
I like that he said the bolded.

Otherwise, he's a weirdo.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #4
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

Rep Power: 936 ATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respectedATRAIN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Dude, I just looked this up and put the info in the thread for him winning AFC offensive player of the week honors.
I think it desearves its own thread, what ya think?

Shows the class of Foster IMO. Glad we have him and AJ!! Two Classy players!!
Old 09-16-2010   #5
Señor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Señor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeñor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Dude, I KNEW he had to be a part of the Dharma Initiative! Why didn't I see this before? Was his time on the practice squad actually Purgatory? [/LOSTgeek]
Señor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #6
RagingBull
Hall of Shame

Rep Power: 3847 RagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respectedRagingBull is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan View Post
Dude, I KNEW he had to be a part of the Dharma Initiative! Why didn't I see this before? Was his time on the practice squad actually Purgatory? [/LOSTgeek]
I seriously doubt Foster is part of the Dharma Initiative.

He seems more like the smoke monster to me.
RagingBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #7
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 12913 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor Stan View Post
4 8 15 16 23 zomg!!1! 42

This is a team conspiracy!!!

Rackers = 4, Schaub = 8, Bobby Williams = 15, Trindon Holliday = 16, FOSTER = 23, and Torri Williams = 42

Practice squad'ers italicized.
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-16-2010   #8
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 291448 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

A man who is at least open-minded enough to study other belief systems and cultures. Fantastic! Foster just gave me one more reason to respect and like him.

(other than the 27 F/F pts he got me last week )
ObsiWan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #9
HuttoKarl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2801 HuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respectedHuttoKarl is a quality contributor and well respected

Namaste chant needs to happen every time we're in the red zone.
Old 09-16-2010   #10
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37218 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcgNJ7cgDVs
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #11
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRAIN View Post
I think it desearves its own thread, what ya think?

Shows the class of Foster IMO. Glad we have him and AJ!! Two Classy players!!
Oh no doubt. Sorry, after I read that I can see how it may look like I was complaining that you made a thread. I was actually meaning that it was a coincidence that as soon as I typed that in that thread, another thread was posted about the same thing.
Old 09-16-2010   #12
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3281 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingray View Post
Mind=BLOWN

Not sure if this article has been posted yet. Just another example of an how intelligent and special Foster is. Hate to admit it, but I'm pretty jealous of the Texans right now. You guys got two great people playing for you, who, oh yeah, are pretty damn good at what they do. If Foster can become the Andre of running the ball, you guys will be unstoppable.

Link
Quote:
After his team-record 231-yard rushing performance in a statement Week 1 win over the Indianapolis Colts, Texans RB Arian Foster is hoping to spread a little bit of the motivation that's fueled him for a long time.

"I've been writing since I was a little kid," Foster said during an interview on Showtime's Inside the NFL, revealing that he's been working on a book for children.

"I remember when I was a kid and I was in class, there was a teacher that asked the whole class what they wanted to be. She got to me, I told her I wanted to play in the NFL -- and then she laughed, and she said, 'Well, what else do you want to be?'

"I took offense to that because that's what I wanted to be. I spoke my mind to her and got kicked out of class -- I felt that made a statement (laughs)."

Foster certainly made a statement to the Colts, too, turning in the second-best (to O.J. Simpson's 250 yards) opening day rushing total ever. He hopes his story can help others like him.

"I want to inspire any kid out there," Foster said. "If I can touch one kid out there (saying), 'No matter what you do in this life, if you really focus and you really put everything you have into it, you can do whatever you want to in this world.' "
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #13
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuttoKarl View Post
Namaste chant needs to happen every time we're in the red zone.
Even Better the bullpen as a whole should namaste back!!!! That should be a bullpen tradition!!
Old 09-16-2010   #14
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8706 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

or even better, whenever Foster scores and he bows everyone else bows too.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #15
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3281 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
or even better, whenever Foster scores and he bows everyone else bows too.
Why not do both? That would be amazing to see on TV, especially on a Monday Night Football game. If somehow you guys can coordinate the fans to do it when Arian scores a TD it would be hilarious to see the look on his face .
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #16
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post
Why not do both? That would be amazing to see on TV, especially on a Monday Night Football game. If somehow you guys can coordinate the fans to do it when Arian scores a TD it would be hilarious to see the look on his face .
If he really goes off, then we may have another Mile High Solute on our hands.
Old 09-16-2010   #17
ATRAIN
ATX TEXANS FAN

Thumbs up Re: Foster's Namaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
If he really goes off, then we may have another Mile High Solute on our hands.
I think we all should spread the word!!!
Old 09-16-2010   #18
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

ArianFoster: Death is imminent, ironically life isn't. Take advantage of your time and live!!

4hrs ago via twitter
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #19
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we all should just let it happen. It will if it's the real deal. For the purposes of a television audience everyone just bowing back to him would be sufficient. Extra points for doing it right obviously but that would be cool as all get out to see on TV.
Old 09-16-2010   #20
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

i thought it looked more like that taoist palm over fist thing. but if he says it's namaste, i'll have to go with that.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read