Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-15-2010   #1
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 877 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Best site for NFL stats?

I was curious as to what everyone thinks is the best site for detailed football stats such as cornerback catches allowed, o-lineman stats and so on. Any suggestions for the best sites for this kind of research?
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #2
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Best site for NFL stats?

It really depends on what you're looking for. I look at different sites for different things.

For just general stats and historical stuff, I like Pro Football Reference.

But I will sometimes use the "pop" sites just for the hell of it: NFL.com, ESPN, and CBS Sports. I'm sure there are tons of other "pop" sites that have good stuff. Sometimes you'll find that one of these guys have a stat that the others don't (like YAC and stuff like that.)

For deeper analysis, I like Football Outsiders and Cold, Hard Football Facts.

I'd like to see what other sites other guys use.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #3
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

ESPN under splits has some categories most others do not such as all the typical QB stats divided by how far the ball was thrown rather than how long the ultimate completion was. Stats, Inc. has a lot of great stats you can explore. Be sure to scroll to the bottom and check out the expanded menus under the individual and team leader boards.
Old 09-16-2010   #4
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
ESPN under splits has some categories most others do not such as all the typical QB stats divided by how far the ball was thrown rather than how long the ultimate completion was. Stats, Inc. has a lot of great stats you can explore. Be sure to scroll to the bottom and check out the expanded menus under the individual and team leader boards.
Thanks, man. I hadn't been to Stats, Inc, in a while. I didn't remember them having all this cool stuff. They're on my list now.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #5
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 877 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks guys.
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #6
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 181446 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

It's always been Pro Football Reference for me.
Old 10-02-2014   #7
66olds
noob

Rep Power: 0 66olds is a quality contributor and well respected66olds is a quality contributor and well respected66olds is a quality contributor and well respected66olds is a quality contributor and well respected66olds is a quality contributor and well respected66olds is a quality contributor and well respected66olds is a quality contributor and well respected66olds is a quality contributor and well respected66olds is a quality contributor and well respected66olds is a quality contributor and well respected66olds is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know if this is what you want but you can try profootballranking.com
66olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-02-2014   #8
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 95414 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66olds View Post
I don't know if this is what you want but you can try profootballranking.com
Four years to respond?
New fan of #21 Kendrick Lewis and #94 Ryan Pickett. ps I just realized why, they TACKLE!

Luke 23:34 Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.”
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014   #9
playa465
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 34219 playa465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respectedplaya465 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall View Post
Four years to respond?

Better late than never
playa465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014   #10
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 416490 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

He just joined and new sources come up from time to rime.

Welcome to the MB.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read