Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Mort High On Carr

thebigtrip

Practice Squad
I found this interesting and delightful. Yesterday, Chris Mortensen held a chat session. Click here for full transcript He holds Carr up high with the rest of the top QB's in the league.

Nick Seccco (chicago): Mort, you begged the question... Drafting TODAY... top 5 QB's on your board?

Chris Mortensen: I'll play this game X 2...off the top of my head: 1. Manning; 2. McNair; 3. Favre; 4. Culpepper; 5. Brady; 6. Vick (if healthy); 7. McNabb; 8. Pennington; 9. . Carr; 10. Hasselbeck, I know I left out somebody.

Marc(Vega$): Carr over Leftwich? Look what Leftwich did behind a very young and rebuilding team last season. To say Carr is the better QB is absurd. Watch this season.

Chris Mortensen: Next to Vick & possibly Culpepper, David Carr may be the most physically (arm and athletically) gifted QB in the NFL. Letfwich should be a great one. I just need to see him make that leap forward this season, which I believe he will.

Of the all the "Talking Heads", Mort seems to have it right more than not. He doesnt seem to just spout the current east coast/west coast media bias drival, but has some REAL incite and knowledge. So, for him to put David in that group and say he is that tallented has some real wieght behind it IMO. Frankly I am kind of surprised, but pleased. Mort has stated more than once that he like what we are building.

Maybe it was just me, but i thought DC has more mobility that BL. I remember that scramble that Leftwhich had when he fumbled. It looked like he was in slow motion to me.

rittenhouserobz said:
Maybe it was just me, but i thought DC has more mobility that BL. I remember that scramble that Leftwhich had when he fumbled. It looked like he was in slow motion to me.

It's not just you--Carr is way more mobile than Leftwich. Leftwich did a very good job of finding his receivers though.

By the way, here is a FoxSports spot on Carr.

Another talking head who I have respect for is Ron Jaworski- especially when he's talking QBs... And Jaworski loves David Carr!

Back