Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-15-2010   #1
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Welcome back Owen Daniels in week 2?

All this talk from the redskins about stopping the run, putting pressure on schaub, causing 3rd and long situations... I wonder if this is going to be the week that everyone remembers that Owen Daniels is the best tight end in the NFL.

Im gonna go ahead and make a prediction. Owen Daniels.. 100+ yards and a TD.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010   #2
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Welcome back Owen Daniels in week 2?

He isn't the best TE in the NFL.

But I definitely think that theres a possibility he goes off this game.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010   #3
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

ill say 83 yards and 2 td's
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010   #4
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

I love OD, but I'll take Dallas Clark, Vernon Davis and Antonio Gates over him any day of the week. In fact I did in Fantasy Football....
Old 09-15-2010   #5
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
I love OD, but I'll take Dallas Clark, Vernon Davis and Antonio Gates over him any day of the week. In fact I did in Fantasy Football....
Vernon Davis in this system would be unfair. It almost already is unfair with a healthy Daniels playing to his potential.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010   #6
Revolution
All Pro

Rep Power: 305 Revolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respectedRevolution is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
A healthy Daniels is better than all three.

Yes, I am a Texans homer....
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010   #7
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution View Post
A healthy Daniels is better than all three.

Yes, I am a Texans homer....
I'll take a healthy Owen Daniels over Dallas Clark...
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-15-2010   #8
Sway
Veteran

Rep Power: 183 Sway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, my absolute favorite Texan is OD. He works so well with Matt, and it's like having an extra receiver out there. I had hoped to see him with more than just that one catch, but watching him warm up from the sideline was pretty damn satisfying :-) Let's go get us some 'skins on sunday!
Sway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #9
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1893 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

No way is Dallas Clark better than OD. He may put up more numbers but that's because of Peyton. Davis and Gates I would say are better, though. And maybe Witten.
wagonhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #10
TexansForTheW
Veteran

Rep Power: 324 TexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansForTheW is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Owen is expendable on our team. Although he is a top 5 tight end in this league.

1Vernon Davis....Watch the man work
2Antonio Gates
3Dallas Clark
4aOwen Daniels
4bChris Cooley

Before the ACL tear Owen might have been number one. He was on pace for 80 catches and over a 1000 yards. I have a feeling he will work his way back up the list. But this is what I got for now.
TexansForTheW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #11
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17600 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder if we use some packages or plans for Ghram
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #12
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
I'll take a healthy Owen Daniels over Dallas Clark...
Dallas Clark is about as soft as it gets. Gates is better, just because OD isn't 100% yet. Davis is a beast. Daniels at three makes sense. He is a WAY better blocker than Clark.
Old 09-16-2010   #13
Sway
Veteran

Rep Power: 183 Sway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respectedSway is a quality contributor and well respected

How in God's name can you say Owen is expendable????? Have you SEEN him play pre injury? Give him a few games to get back up to speed and we will see the same, if not a better, more determined man. I am personally insulted.

Just compare his stats prior to last year's buffalo game with the rest of your list. hmmph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansForTheW View Post
I think Owen is expendable on our team. Although he is a top 5 tight end in this league.

1Vernon Davis....Watch the man work
2Antonio Gates
3Dallas Clark
4aOwen Daniels
4bChris Cooley

Before the ACL tear Owen might have been number one. He was on pace for 80 catches and over a 1000 yards. I have a feeling he will work his way back up the list. But this is what I got for now.
Sway is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read