Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-15-2010   #1
EmDiggy
Veteran

Rep Power: 6533 EmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Football Gameplan's 2010 Week 2 Preview Video - Texans vs Redskins

Texans vs Redskins Preview Video

Good Evening Texans Fans!! Good Luck this Week!
EmDiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010   #2
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Football Gameplan's 2010 Week 2 Preview Video - Texans vs Redskins

He picked us to win last week against the Colts, so I'm hoping that he doesn't have special predicting powers...

He comes off as a little ignorant about us...

Not terribly ignorant, but he does say some things that lets you know he hasn't done all his homework...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010   #3
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmDiggy View Post
Texans vs Redskins Preview Video

Good Evening Texans Fans!! Good Luck this Week!
What happened to your partner?
Old 09-15-2010   #4
EmDiggy
Veteran

Rep Power: 6533 EmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respectedEmDiggy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
He picked us to win last week against the Colts, so I'm hoping that he doesn't have special predicting powers...

Not terribly ignorant, but he does say some things that lets you know he hasn't done all his homework...
Thanks Rey!! I appreciate the feedback Homie! I wouldn't expect to know as much about a team as much as a fan would... However, I do try to do as much research as possible seeing that I do cover every team of every league..but I will definitely try to improve every week!

P.S.

No psychic power either lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
What happened to your partner?
What's Up JB!! I had to "limit his touches" ;-)
Old 09-15-2010   #5
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84801 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post

Like this.... (listen to people who actually cover the team talk about the Redskins' "great run defense")

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jIoT9Ih7hQ

Pretty good on everything else though..... I liked the game plan as far as the Texans go.

We need to pound the rock and wear them down......that's what teams do when they have a power running game. All the Cowboys had to do is run the ball and they would've won that game......but for whatever reason Offensive Coordinator "Boy wonder" kept calling pass plays to a rookie WR who missed most of the preseason. I loved it.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010   #6
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 75191 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected

This guy is a joke, parroting what every other NFL commentator is saying. The Texans will beat the 'Skins by setting up the pass with the run. This will be a record setting offensive showing by hitting TE's and backs on blitzes. Once the D starts paying attention to that, look out for the deep ball. Arian Foster's career day last week will make it possible for the Texans to force teams to pick their poison. Die by the run or die by the pass. No team does better at both than the Texans. The difference between the 09 Texans and '10 Texans is a running game. We got blown out in week 1 last year. This year, we won and won by running the ball extremely well. teams will be forced to key on that.
DocBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #7
Norg
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11489 Norg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respectedNorg is a quality contributor and well respected

I do agree on his style of CLosing the circle around Mcnabb and dont let him run around
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-16-2010   #8
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

His get push point is well intended and astute for QB's like McNabb or VY. You still need a pass rush but it needs to have discipline. On the flip side, should know a recent pick up like Ogunleye is not going to come in and contribute significantly. DE opposite Mario will be Smith or Naeding.
Old 09-16-2010   #9
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

"I believe Houston played their Super Bowl in week 1 against the Colts"

No, the franchise just won what could be its most important game in its history. I seriously doubt anyone on the Texan's coaching staff was calling it the 'Super Bowl' like ESPN was. And I doubt even more that everyone had a huge sigh of relief after the win and now they are taking it easy this week. Big wins give you momentum, not laziness. I think this team will be hungry on Sunday and ready to tear up the Redskins.
Old 09-16-2010   #10
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Watch, if we beat the Cowboys week 3 it'll be because it was our Superbowl again.
Old 09-16-2010   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
"I believe Houston played their Super Bowl in week 1 against the Colts"

No, the franchise just won what could be its most important game in its history. I seriously doubt anyone on the Texan's coaching staff was calling it the 'Super Bowl' like ESPN was. And I doubt even more that everyone had a huge sigh of relief after the win and now they are taking it easy this week. Big wins give you momentum, not laziness. I think this team will be hungry on Sunday and ready to tear up the Redskins.
I hear what you are saying, but many fans here on this board, and HT.com are expecting us to do just that, & they have reason to believe so, because that is what we've done in the past.

No one on the team oficially called it our "Super Bowl" but that is the atmosphere all the hype generated. To me, that's fine as long as they play the next game like it is their Super Bowl, which is what many are doubting they can/will do.
Old 09-16-2010   #12
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Watch, if we beat the Cowboys week 3 it'll be because it was our Superbowl again.
As has been said, if that's what it takes for this team to play to it's potential, and not to it's competition, so be it, they need to play every game as if it were the Super Bowl.

& if we happen to get to the big game, we'll be ready.
Old 09-16-2010   #13
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I hear what you are saying, but many fans here on this board, and HT.com are expecting us to do just that, & they have reason to believe so, because that is what we've done in the past.

No one on the team officially called it our "Super Bowl" but that is the atmosphere all the hype generated. To me, that's fine as long as they play the next game like it is their Super Bowl, which is what many are doubting they can/will do.
So exactly when has this happened? What 'big games' did they win and then fall on their collective face the next week? Was it our 'big win' in Buffalo last year? The win over Tennessee that was handed to us by Kerry Collins?

I just don't think that there have been many critical games in the franchise history. Last year there were a few, and we were on the verge of making a wild card spot in the playoffs, but just couldn't get over the hump. I think a lot of that had to do with our loss of O-line starters and an ineffective run game thanks to Kyle Shanahan and Alex Gibbs. Rick Dennison came in to emphasize the run game and tweak the blocking, which makes all the difference.
Old 09-16-2010   #14
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
On the flip side, should know a recent pick up like Ogunleye is not going to come in and contribute significantly. DE opposite Mario will be Smith or Naeding.
Also, the Garett Grahm thing...

When All TE's are healthy he's probably what...the fourth TE?
Old 09-16-2010   #15
Rey
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Thanks Rey!! I appreciate the feedback Homie! I wouldn't expect to know as much about a team as much as a fan would... However, I do try to do as much research as possible seeing that I do cover every team of every league..but I will definitely try to improve every week!
No problem...

Like I said, it wasn't terribly ignorant...I do understand having to cover so many teams though...

Other than the line-up things, (and picking us to lose ), good job...I agree with many of your points...
Old 09-16-2010   #16
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
How many Super Bowls can one team have in a season!?!?!?
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #17
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 78264 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
How many Super Bowls can one team have in a season!?!?!?
19 with a first week bye?

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #18
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

This is our Superbowl (this week), and Mario's a wuss (unless I run into him)!

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010   #19
EmDiggy
Veteran

Thanks Gang for the replies and feedback!!! I love the interaction with you all! In reference to the "Super Bowl" comment... its a common term we used to use in college meaning that a team put an all-out-last-game-of-the-season effort and usually have problems following up the next week with the same effort..

But, teams have to treat each game with the same significance in order to avoid the let down
Old 09-16-2010   #20
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 226054 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Thanks Gang for the replies and feedback!!! I love the interaction with you all! In reference to the "Super Bowl" comment... its a common term we used to use in college meaning that a team put an all-out-last-game-of-the-season effort and usually have problems following up the next week with the same effort..

But, teams have to treat each game with the same significance in order to avoid the let down
Dude.

We totally understand what you meant by the Super Bowl comment. The thing is that we keep hearing it. We beat the Cowboys in Preseason because it was our Super Bowl and they didn't care about it. We beat the Colts because it was our Super Bowl. Last year, it seemed like people were calling every other game "the most important game in Texans' history."

We're just kinda sick and tired of it and decided to treat every game like it's our Super Bowl.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read