Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-14-2010   #1
Bull Pen 1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1621 Bull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respectedBull Pen 1 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Gotta love this picture

http://www.timesunion.com/sports/art...ine-657954.php
Bull Pen 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010   #2
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 129410 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Gotta love this picture

Yep. Great pic. That was right after Smith slammed into his back right after he released the ball. I think Hochuli just bent over and told Payaton to get up because it was a clean hit.
Brain Cushing
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010   #3
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I love pic #5. Mario looks like a huge bear that's ready to finish off his prey!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010   #4
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 110481 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull Pen 1 View Post
That is GREAT!

I like this one of A.Smith.

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010   #5
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 37160 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by False Start View Post
That is GREAT!

I like this one of A.Smith.

Dat's MY NINJA!
Old 09-14-2010   #6
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

I like pic #5 too

"I didn't mean to kill him!"
Old 09-14-2010   #7
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 129410 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by _superMario90_ View Post
I like pic #5 too

"I didn't mean to kill him!"
That's the one time Mario did not touch him...
Brain Cushing
JB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-14-2010   #8
Trail.Blazr
All Pro

Rep Power: 19086 Trail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respectedTrail.Blazr is a quality contributor and well respected

I was searching for a sideline pic of peyton stewwing with that dumb look on his face.

Only could find this one, but not what I was looking for but awfully close
Old 09-14-2010   #9
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

From the story linked in the original post, my responses in red:

Quote:
Polian insists things will improve.

"In Charlie's case and Jeff's case, they are at less than 100 percent," Polian said. "I think that will change and they'll get better. But I don't think you could have found a worse matchup (than Houston) in that situation."

Exasperated fans are already worried. I bet they are!

One caller to a local radio show expressed his disgust by saying: "They're going to get Peyton killed out there." OMG! Peyton's human! Someone save my baby!!!!

It could have happened in Houston.

On one first-half play, an unblocked Williams came free off the left side and hit Manning square between the shoulder blades as he threw it away. In the fourth quarter, Manning was shoved to the ground by Williams and stayed there, face down, for several seconds. A few plays after that, Antonio Smith drove right tackle Ryan Diem into the backfield, forcing Manning to trip over Diem and nearly forcing an interception.

If the Colts can't solve the line problems, well, it could be a long season. Oh, that would be delicious wouldn't it?

This week, Manning faces the sack-happy Giants, who knocked Matt Moore out of the season opener, and they will be seeing the same thing the Colts' linemen watched on the Houston tape — problems.

"It was one of those days where it was kind of a perfect storm. We were not playing well and they were playing well," Johnson said. "But that (pressure) has kind of been the Giants calling card since the Super Bowl, and we have to step up and play better." Sooo....what you're saying is that it's only because we played well and you didn't play well (a "perfect storm" so to speak) but if this happens NEXT week it's because the Giants have won a Super Bowl and you'd expect it from them. But not from Houston. Houston was a fluke. Right? That's bulletin board material for the next time, Johnson. Ya' big Johnson.
Man, it makes you wonder if there's a bit of a disconnect from reality. They've been on top for so long that they are beginning to dismiss what's happening right there in front of them.

What a "perfect storm!"
Old 09-14-2010   #10
False Start
On # 69

Rep Power: 110481 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

I like it a lot.

Old 09-14-2010   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by _superMario90_ View Post
I was searching for a sideline pic of peyton stewwing with that dumb look on his face.

Only could find this one, but not what I was looking for but awfully close
That's an imposter. I found a real baby picture of Manning:

Old 09-14-2010   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I also heard out that James Vanderbeek will be playing Manning in a movie.

Old 09-14-2010   #13
BullPenPhotos
Veteran

Rep Power: 39971 BullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respected

I liked this one...

Steph liked it enough to start a caption contest...
Payton Manning caption contest

Since there were such good responses I decided to put the fullsized un-watermarked one out there for everyone to be able to download...

Payton gets "hugged"
Try my All Purpose Spice Mix
Andys-Spice-Mix.com
BullPenPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010   #14
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 84789 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb View Post
yep. Great pic. That was right after smith slammed into his back right after he released the ball. I think hochuli just bent over and told payaton to get up because it was a clean hit.

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010   #15
False Start
On # 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullPenPhotos View Post

Steph liked it enough to start a caption contest...
Payton Manning caption contest

Since there were such good responses I decided to put the fullsized un-watermarked one out there for everyone to be able to download...

Awesome! Thanks man. A group hug, lol.

Old 09-14-2010   #16
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

No, no, guys. There WAS a photo of Peyton Manning sulking on the sidelines.

The media, at the request of Polian, doctored the image and had the helmet removed. Luckily, I have photoshop and was able to re-apply the helmet to the original photo.

This WAS him on the sideline Sunday about halfway through the 4th quarter:

Old 09-14-2010   #17
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
No, no, guys. There WAS a photo of Peyton Manning sulking on the sidelines.

The media, at the request of Polian, doctored the image and had the helmet removed. Luckily, I have photoshop and was able to re-apply the helmet to the original photo.

This WAS him on the sideline Sunday about halfway through the 4th quarter:

Repped GP... Too funny!
Old 09-14-2010   #18
Goatcheese
Nightmare Over

Rep Power: 125380 Goatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respectedGoatcheese is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Colts adapted to Houston's pressure by using shorter drops and quicker passes to help Manning survive...
Is that Joe Pendry's offense the dolt's are running?

“Every man takes the limits of his own field of vision for the limits of the world.” -Arthur Schopenhauer
Goatcheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
That's funny right there!
Old 09-15-2010   #20
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatcheese View Post
Pendry is the Assistant HC and O-line coach at Alabama, I think he is doing OK. How many guys has he had drafted the last few years? Quite a few.

I think we found out the problem was not Pendry but the first draft pick made by Casserly.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read