Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-14-2010   #1
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1893 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Week 2 Power Rankings and the Texans

Just made this thread to talk about power rankings and where the Texans show up in them this week. I'm a bit obsessed with these usually, and got so freaking excited about the first one I saw (bleacher report) that I have to post it. Please post more as you see them.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...g-fast#page/26

Guess what fellas.... they have us at #7! That's right. One spot ahead of the Colts! Ahahahahaha!

I'm going to be on a cloud all week after this win.
wagonhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010   #2
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Default Re: Week 2 Power Rankings and the Texans

OK, am I the only one not sold on the Ravens and Jets?
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010   #3
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1893 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

That one was written before the MNF games. Here is one written tonight and they have us at 3! That's right, THREE.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...g2.html?cat=14
Old 09-14-2010   #4
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Well I wasn't before the game tonight either.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010   #5
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

too early in the season fo rme to get excited about these power rankings. they mean more 8 games deep.

that doesn't mean it's not nice to see. nat'l media's been big upping us lately. that always makes me worry a bit.
Old 09-14-2010   #6
wagonhed
Team Gruden

To answer your question, I'm sold on the Ravens. Jets, not so much. I agree with those who are calling the Ravens legitimate SB contenders.
Old 09-14-2010   #7
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonhed View Post
To answer your question, I'm sold on the Ravens. Jets, not so much. I agree with those who are calling the Ravens legitimate SB contenders.
After this weekend, our schedule doesn't look as hard as it could have been. Jets and Cowboys are two examples. Another is the Raiders, oddly enough. There was some noise coming from Oakland that they would be legit, but they look like crap (again). We have one game up on the Colts already, too.
GuerillaBlack is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-14-2010   #8
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Yeah but at the same time, neither the Titans nor Jags are looking like a walk in the park. The AFC South looks like it's shaping up to be by far the most dominant division in the league.
Old 09-14-2010   #9
Austrian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2061 Austrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respectedAustrian is a quality contributor and well respected

Walterfootball has us as number four in the power rankings, also better than the Colts.

http://walterfootball.com/nflpowerrankings.php
Austrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010   #10
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That one was written before the MNF games. Here is one written tonight and they have us at 3! That's right, THREE.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...g2.html?cat=14
This has the Steelers at both 13 and 16 lol.
Old 09-14-2010   #11
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brakos82 View Post
OK, am I the only one not sold on the Ravens and Jets?
Nope... You're not the only one not sold.

BTW, I hate power rankings.
Old 09-14-2010   #12
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314353 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Nope... You're not the only one not sold.

BTW, I hate power rankings.
Power rankings are a lot of fun if your team is highly ranked. Not so much if you've got a crappy team. Same with press coverage. I'll enjoy the Texans in the limelight while they have it, and ignore the press when they don't. Same as always I guess.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010   #13
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Power rankings are a lot of fun if your team is highly ranked. Not so much if you've got a crappy team. Same with press coverage. I'll enjoy the Texans in the limelight while they have it, and ignore the press when they don't. Same as always I guess.
Well, you have a point but since I've been telling the power rankings for 8 years to "kiss my ass", I'm a little cynical of them.
Old 09-14-2010   #14
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 314353 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Well, you have a point but since I've been telling the power rankings for 8 years to "kiss my ass", I'm a little cynical of them.
And you'd be right because they are meaningless, even if they are showing your team in a good way. In any case it's up to the team to win, not the sports writers.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
After this weekend, our schedule doesn't look as hard as it could have been. Jets and Cowboys are two examples. Another is the Raiders, oddly enough. There was some noise coming from Oakland that they would be legit, but they look like crap (again). We have one game up on the Colts already, too.
I think we bought ourselves some breathing room, with the Win over Indy. Most everyone probably had us losing both games, and now, I think most will give us a chance to win the second one.

The Cowboys and Jets were swing games IMHO, which we can afford to lose, and not risk our 10-6 hopeful outcome.

I don't see the Cowboys losing 3 games to start the season, so I'm hoping they'll win in week 2. Not that we can't beat them, I just think it makes it less likely. They'll already be fired up for the game, being 0-2 just makes them even more so, & we'll have to match that intensity.

The Jets, we don't play them until November. Not a good month for the Texans & it gives the Jets a lot of time, & a lot of film to work some things out. If Rex Ryan is who people say he is, that's not going to be an easy game.
Old 09-14-2010   #16
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17947 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The ravens offense just looks like crap to me, even with all the talent at WR.

Also with all these teams that are suppose to be good looking like crap, there are some teams crapy teams looking decent like: Chiefs, and Seahawks.

As far as power rankings, I like them! For some reason there always pretty accurate prediction on how a team is doing. Last year was the first year I kept up with them and it was fun and pretty right on.

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010   #17
Mike Kerns
LYSB Podcast

Section: My Living Room
Rep Power: 1518 Mike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respectedMike Kerns is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Mike Kerns Send a message via Yahoo to Mike Kerns Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Kerns

You know all these will be worthless when they still have the Cowboys in the top 5 probably.
Mike Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I don't see the Cowboys losing 3 games to start the season, so I'm hoping they'll win in week 2. Not that we can't beat them, I just think it makes it less likely. They'll already be fired up for the game, being 0-2 just makes them even more so, & we'll have to match that intensity.
I just checked their schedule. They play the Bears @ Cowboy Stadium. They'll probably route them, and come into Reliant very confident (overconfident).
Old 09-14-2010   #19
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG TORO View Post
The ravens offense just looks like crap to me, even with all the talent at WR.
I think people are saying the same thing about our passing game, and taking into account we were playing the Colts run defense. I think we are getting the benefit of the doubt, that we'll get Matt & AJ going.

I think the Ravens are getting that same benefit of the doubt, they are more talented on offense, than they were.

If they look like they did next week, I think they'll start to slip, as will we.
Old 09-14-2010   #20
Jeff S.
Rookie

Rep Power: 43 Jeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respectedJeff S. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Is Kris Jenkins related to Bob Sanders? How long did Jenkins last, one whole quarter before he went out with a knee?

Looks like Boldin may be the annual one-in-ten FA signings that work out as planned. Good move for him and the Ravens.
Jeff S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read