Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read


Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2010   #101
b0ng
Ooops
 
b0ng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Age: 34
Posts: 7,831
Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trade advice

OKay here's my conundrum. I have no runningbacks and I'm sitting a WR each week that's making somebody cry. in a 3WR league I have:

R. Wayne (IND)
R. Moss (MN)
H. Ward (Pitt)
S. Holmes (NYJ)
M. Williams (TB)

And then Louis murhpy for kicks. What sort of rb's should I be looking at. A guy in the league had Thomas Jones on his bench because he had better starters.
__________________
\_(ツ)_/
http://www.thedrawplay.com/?p=88
b0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010   #102
Ckw
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Trade advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
OKay here's my conundrum. I have no runningbacks and I'm sitting a WR each week that's making somebody cry. in a 3WR league I have:

R. Wayne (IND)
R. Moss (MN)
H. Ward (Pitt)
S. Holmes (NYJ)
M. Williams (TB)

And then Louis murhpy for kicks. What sort of rb's should I be looking at. A guy in the league had Thomas Jones on his bench because he had better starters.
I'd be looking for a top 15 RB. Thomas Jones is NOT worth one of your top WRs.

Look for a team that has 3-4 good RBs but needs help at WR. Then see what happens.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010   #103
Ckw
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Trade advice

Also, I just made another trade. Curious what you guys think.

I get Calvin Johnson and Beanie Wells and he gets Cedric Benson and Kenny Britt.

My team now looks like this:

QB: Philip Rivers & Kyle Orton
RB: Arian Foster, Ahmad Bradshaw, Jamaal Charles, Mike Tolbert, & Beanie Wells
WR: Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Wes Welker, Mike Wallace, & Michael Crabtree
TE: Zach Miller & Aaron Hernandez
D/ST: Seattle Seahawks
K: Matt Bryant

What I am now thinking of doing is trading Ahmad Bradshaw & Wes Welker or Mike Wallace for Steven Jackson & the Steelers D. The guy badly needs a decent WR & has both the Titans D and Steelers D.

Thoughts?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010   #104
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Age: 32
Posts: 9,551
Rep Power: 127449 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trade advice

I have Ahmad Bradshaw

They will trade all 3:

Jonathan Stewart
Shonne Green
Nate Washington
The1ApplePie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010   #105
Ckw
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Trade advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
I have Ahmad Bradshaw

They will trade all 3:

Jonathan Stewart
Shonne Green
Nate Washington
No. Shonn Greene has been a bust that shows no sign of getting better, Jonathan Stewart is not getting any opportunities and the Panthers offense sucks, and Nate Washington isn't even the Titans top receiver anymore (that now belongs to Kenny Britt.

Don't do it. Quality>Quantity
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010   #106
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man
 
Hardcore Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Round Rock, TX
Age: 40
Posts: 9,461
Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trade advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
No. Shonn Greene has been a bust that shows no sign of getting better, Jonathan Stewart is not getting any opportunities and the Panthers offense sucks, and Nate Washington isn't even the Titans top receiver anymore (that now belongs to Kenny Britt.

Don't do it. Quality>Quantity
I think that changes on a weekly basis.
__________________
Warning: This post may or may not contain sarcasm, satire, or humor in general. Read at your own risk!
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010   #107
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Age: 32
Posts: 9,551
Rep Power: 127449 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trade advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
No. Shonn Greene has been a bust that shows no sign of getting better, Jonathan Stewart is not getting any opportunities and the Panthers offense sucks, and Nate Washington isn't even the Titans top receiver anymore (that now belongs to Kenny Britt.

Don't do it. Quality>Quantity
That's what I was thinking. I already have DeAngelo Williams (bust) and I have kept Knowshon stashed for a while to be my flex guy.
The1ApplePie is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-20-2010   #108
Ckw
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Trade advice

So any of you guys have opinions on my trade?

I sent Cedric Benson and Kenny Britt for Calvin Johnson and Beanie Wells (has been terrible but has some potential upside and is getting the majority of the carries in AZ).
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010   #109
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame
 
Ole Miss Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 8,680
Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trade advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
My RBs are Arian Foster, Jamaal Charles, Cedric Benson, CJ Spiller, Mike Tolbert, and Felix Jones.

My WRs are Andre Johnson, Wes Welker, Mike Wallace, & Deion Branch.

Think I should do a trade of Cedric Benson for Hakeem Nicks?

I could also possibly do Andre for Ahmad Bradshaw & Brandon Marshall. Think I should do either one?
I would jump at that one if I were you. Bradshaw and Marshall are both starters and each will get you about what Andre will. Dre just doesn't get the TD's like other WR's do.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010   #110
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor
 
dc_txtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Round Rock
Age: 31
Posts: 2,501
Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trade advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
So any of you guys have opinions on my trade?

I sent Cedric Benson and Kenny Britt for Calvin Johnson and Beanie Wells (has been terrible but has some potential upside and is getting the majority of the carries in AZ).
I like that trade even without Weenie Wells.
__________________
Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
dc_txtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010   #111
Ckw
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I would jump at that one if I were you. Bradshaw and Marshall are both starters and each will get you about what Andre will. Dre just doesn't get the TD's like other WR's do.
A little behind buddy.

Already made that trade. Well almost the same trade. I sent Andre, Kellen Winslow, and Felix Jones for Marshall, Bradshaw, and Zach Miller.

Now I have turned around and traded Cedric Benson and Kenny Britt for Calvin Johnson and Beenie Wells.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010   #112
Ckw
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
I like that trade even without Weenie Wells.
Thanks man. I am having to do my best to make up for a bad trade I made. I traded Mendenhall and fillers for Wes Welker and Cedric Benson. I am finding out that Welker helps very little in non ppr leagues. He simply doesn't get enough yardage so now I have Marshall and Calvin Johnson as my wrs and Bradshaw, Charles, and Foster as my rbs.

I am happy with that. I may turn around and trade Bradshaw or Charles along with Welker or Mike Wallace for Steven Jackson and the Steelers D. What do you think of that? I would be extremely solid at every position, Jackson is getting his swagger back, and the Steelers D has been the best in the league so far. He badly needs wr help as all he has is Driver and Colston. Thoughts?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010   #113
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor
 
dc_txtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Round Rock
Age: 31
Posts: 2,501
Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trade advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Thanks man. I am having to do my best to make up for a bad trade I made. I traded Mendenhall and fillers for Wes Welker and Cedric Benson. I am finding out that Welker helps very little in non ppr leagues. He simply doesn't get enough yardage so now I have Marshall and Calvin Johnson as my wrs and Bradshaw, Charles, and Foster as my rbs.

I am happy with that. I may turn around and trade Bradshaw or Charles along with Welker or Mike Wallace for Steven Jackson and the Steelers D. What do you think of that? I would be extremely solid at every position, Jackson is getting his swagger back, and the Steelers D has been the best in the league so far. He badly needs wr help as all he has is Driver and Colston. Thoughts?
I definitely wouldn't let go of Bradshaw and I probably wouldn't do it anyways. Defenses are a dime a dozen, 2 of the top 5 defenses are free agents in one of my leagues.

If you really like SJax, maybe offer Charles and Welker/Wallace but that's pushing it. And Steelers D should just be an afterthought IMO.
__________________
Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
dc_txtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010   #114
Ckw
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Trade advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
I definitely wouldn't let go of Bradshaw and I probably wouldn't do it anyways. Defenses are a dime a dozen, 2 of the top 5 defenses are free agents in one of my leagues.

If you really like SJax, maybe offer Charles and Welker/Wallace but that's pushing it. And Steelers D should just be an afterthought IMO.
Thanks bro! I am definitely going to heed your advice this time around. I was reading back through the thread, and you were adamantly against me trading Mendenhall for Benson and Welker. Definitely a mistake on my part, but I think I have made up for it with some of my recent trades and waiver signings.

Available defenses in my league are the Seahawks, Cardinals, Falcons, Lions, Chargers, Redskins, Chiefs, Dolphins, & Buccaneers. Think I should sign any of those?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010   #115
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor
 
dc_txtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Round Rock
Age: 31
Posts: 2,501
Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trade advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Thanks bro! I am definitely going to heed your advice this time around. I was reading back through the thread, and you were adamantly against me trading Mendenhall for Benson and Welker. Definitely a mistake on my part, but I think I have made up for it with some of my recent trades and waiver signings.

Available defenses in my league are the Seahawks, Cardinals, Falcons, Lions, Chargers, Redskins, Chiefs, Dolphins, & Buccaneers. Think I should sign any of those?
Depends on your league scoring settings. In my money league Seattle is the 4th ranked defense and SD is 5th, so not bad pickups at all.

Assuming add/drops are free you could always just play matchups week to week. Seattle plays Arizona this week and they will probably rack up a bunch of points going against undrafted rookie Max Hall.
__________________
Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
dc_txtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010   #116
Ckw
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Trade advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
Depends on your league scoring settings. In my money league Seattle is the 4th ranked defense and SD is 5th, so not bad pickups at all.

Assuming add/drops are free you could always just play matchups week to week. Seattle plays Arizona this week and they will probably rack up a bunch of points going against undrafted rookie Max Hall.
Wow! I would have thought league scoring for defense would be pretty similar across the board. In my league Seattle is ranked 4th but SD is ranked 9th.

I went ahead and stayed with Seattle this week. Already had them on my team and will stick with them I guess.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010   #117
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man
 
Hardcore Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Round Rock, TX
Age: 40
Posts: 9,461
Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trade advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
Depends on your league scoring settings. In my money league Seattle is the 4th ranked defense and SD is 5th, so not bad pickups at all.

Assuming add/drops are free you could always just play matchups week to week. Seattle plays Arizona this week and they will probably rack up a bunch of points going against undrafted rookie Max Hall.
I might pick up SEA defense and drop the SD. What do y'all think? SD has NE this week, then TEN and HOU and then they are on a BYE.

*Edt, SEA is not available. I am worried about keeping SD. Skins, Rams, Cards, Cowboys, Panthers are available.
__________________
Warning: This post may or may not contain sarcasm, satire, or humor in general. Read at your own risk!
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010   #118
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor
 
dc_txtech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Round Rock
Age: 31
Posts: 2,501
Rep Power: 52823 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trade advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
I might pick up SEA defense and drop the SD. What do y'all think? SD has NE this week, then TEN and HOU and then they are on a BYE.

*Edt, SEA is not available. I am worried about keeping SD. Skins, Rams, Cards, Cowboys, Panthers are available.
I have SD in my main league and I plan on sticking with them at least through the bye. But it's 10$ per add/drop so that's factoring into my decision also.

My advice would be to keep SD and pick up Was for the week if you have the roster space available.
__________________
Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
dc_txtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010   #119
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man
 
Hardcore Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Round Rock, TX
Age: 40
Posts: 9,461
Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trade advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
I have SD in my main league and I plan on sticking with them at least through the bye. But it's 10$ per add/drop so that's factoring into my decision also.

My advice would be to keep SD and pick up Was for the week if you have the roster space available.
I like Was for the week but I have to drop someone. Lee Evans or Spiller is about all I would part with but i don't think I want to for a defense.
__________________
Warning: This post may or may not contain sarcasm, satire, or humor in general. Read at your own risk!
Hardcore Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010   #120
gtexan02
Working?
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Boston
Age: 31
Posts: 15,780
Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Trade advice

Hes offering:
Carson Palmer
Jamal Charles
Donald Driver

Hes wanting:
Eli Manning
Ray Rice
Mike Wallace



Manning and Palmer have been statisticlaly pretty equivelent, although palmer has been slightly better

Rice has been a big disappointment, and Charles has been better, however he has not scored very often

Wallace has performed better than Driver, but he doesn't start most weeks for me
__________________
Drinking the kool aid
gtexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger