Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-13-2010   #1
TexansFight
All Pro

Rep Power: 2293 TexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFight is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Wow, I am glad the Texans didn't listen to me about signing Cromartie

I was beating the drum to sign him during the offseason. This guy has had HUGE bonehead penalties tonight and is playing like a jackass.

I know KJ25 didn't look great but would rather have a rookie, Saban coached CB than the garbage I am seeing from Cromartie.
TexansFight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #2
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wow, I am glad the Texans didn't listen to me about signing Cromartie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post
I was beating the drum to sign him during the offseason. This guy has had HUGE bonehead penalties tonight and is playing like a jackass.

I know KJ25 didn't look great but would rather have a rookie, Saban coached CB than the garbage I am seeing from Cromartie.
Kyle Wilson not looking so hot either.
Old 09-13-2010   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wow, I am glad the Texans didn't listen to me about signing Cromartie

I dunno... His pick, but especially his return was kinda sweet. That said, I'm leaning towards your assessment.
Old 09-13-2010   #4
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm glad the Texans didn't draft Kyle Wilson. Dude is getting abused out there.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #5
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

i'm glad they don't listen to random internetters too.
Old 09-13-2010   #6
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
not so subtle reminder that most of us have not a clue?
Old 09-14-2010   #7
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
That might be Al Davis' problem...

Sure would explain a lot.
Old 09-14-2010   #8
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFight View Post

I'm pretty sure it was his 'ole run defense technique that sealed the deal.
Old 09-14-2010   #9
IDEXAN
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 41142 IDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedIDEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
I'm glad the Texans didn't draft Kyle Wilson. Dude is getting abused out there.
You're right about that and I'm really feeling for the rook. I guess they forgot to tell Ryan he didn't have to cover anybody like Boldin while he was playing his college ball in Boise ? But as long as Ryan kept runnin those en masse blitzs the Ravens were gonna get a lot of man-to-man in the Jets secondary, and you know they weren't going toward Revis.
IDEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010   #10
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Did not want either Wilson or Cromartie...

I'm glad we didn't go after either...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I wouldn't mind a trade back, but if Earl Thomas is there I think we have to take him...

I don't really care for Kyle Wilson...In fact, I think that Ryan Matthews will be a better NFL player and I'd rather take him...Not impressed with Wilson...Looks like a 2nd or 3rd rd. prospect to me...

So, I don't know if I like the trade back scenario just yet...gotta see who's available
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I'm not very high on Kyle Wilson, So if it came down to him and Matthews I'd take the RB...
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010   #11
Kulluminatii
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3280 Kulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respectedKulluminatii is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
That might be Al Davis' problem...

Sure would explain a lot.
Trust me, Al Davis listening to anyone else would actually be more helpful than Davis being Davis and listening to himself .
Kulluminatii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010   #12
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminatii View Post
Trust me, Al Davis listening to anyone else would actually be more helpful than Davis being Davis and listening to himself .
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010   #13
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Kareem Jackson did not have an outstanding game but he looked and played far better than both Cromartie and Wilson.

And the Flacco-Bolden combo is not near as talented as Peyton-Anybody. lol
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010   #14
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Whoa... you mean... a rookie looked like a rookie? Holy shit....

Seriously, you cant say that you made the right or wrong call after one game. Cromartie could turn out to be All- Pro this year. Or KJax could. Or Wilson could. We are one (1) game into the season, lets not go overreacting now.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010   #15
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65 View Post
Whoa... you mean... a rookie looked like a rookie? Holy shit....

Seriously, you cant say that you made the right or wrong call after one game. Cromartie could turn out to be All- Pro this year. Or KJax could. Or Wilson could. We are one (1) game into the season, lets not go overreacting now.
Don't be bringing no rational thinking in here. We just dismantled the vaunted Colts! We are on the top of the world of fanship and plan on staying there until proven different.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read