Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-13-2010   #1
TexansBull
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14250 TexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansBull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default 3rd Quarter Quote from Arian Foster

I dont know if this has been posted so merge delete or whatever.

Peter King says Arian told him-

"...and as he told me after the game, the most important two of happened on fourth-and-one, 10 minutes left in the third quarter, with the Texans hanging on to a 13-10 lead. "I looked each one of my linemen in the eyes and said, 'This is the play that's going to define us,' '' Foster said. Right tackle Eric Winston and tight end Owen Daniels got good seal blocks, Foster made two yards, and Houston finished the 15-play drive with a touchdown."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz0zRkIgQZA

Leadership. That says it all and pretty much what type of player he is. Just speechless. I hope he has a long career ahead with the Texans.
TexansBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #2
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 3rd Quarter Quote from Arian Foster

I was half-joking during preseason, but he really does look like the
second coming of Terrell Davis. A back, with natural abilities, playing
in the perfect system for his style. The prototype for the Kubiak-Dennison
running game.
Old 09-13-2010   #3
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 341333 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

He is what I hoped for.

If we also had Ben Tate (and if he is also what I hoped for), then our running game would simply be epic.

It may be epic anyway.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #4
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311031 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
He is what I hoped for.

If we also had Ben Tate (and if he is also what I hoped for), then our running game would simply be epic.

It may be epic anyway.
If Slaton even comes close to regaining his skills, we'll be a killer running team this year, and awesome when Tate returns.

But I'm waiting to see if this carries over to the Redskins game. I'm not expecting another 200 yard game from Foster, but if he gets close to 100 and keeps the defense honest so Schaub can do his passing thing, I'm happy as hell.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #5
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I just hope Foster stays healthy, because I sure don't want to have to count on Slaton starting and staying healthy. I think his days for all of that are over. Still a darn good guy to bring in off the bench though, and hopefully he CAN keep doing that...

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #6
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Great quote! I hope that fire stays inside him for the rest of his career! He's prime to hit 1200+ rushing yards this year too. Hell if he has a couple more 200 yard games maybe we can get some CJ type hype for Houston! Foster 2k10!
Old 09-13-2010   #7
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12794 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
If Slaton even comes close to regaining his skills
As in "stops fumbling at prodigious rates"?
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-13-2010   #8
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
As in "stops fumbling at prodigious rates"?
Sad thing is though, when he came in, that was the first thing I was thinking, please don't fumble it !!
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #9
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311031 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Slaton didn't fumble. He didn't show a lot, but he also didn't get a lot of carries, but he didn't fumble and did get some yards for us while giving Foster a rest. That's good enough for me for right now. I'd like to get some more use out of him, but yesterday's Slaton performance was just fine.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #10
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
Slaton didn't fumble. He didn't show a lot, but he also didn't get a lot of carries, but he didn't fumble and did get some yards for us while giving Foster a rest. That's good enough for me for right now. I'd like to get some more use out of him, but yesterday's Slaton performance was just fine.
He did, however, seem to get tackled by the "turf monster" on a couple runs.
Old 09-13-2010   #11
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12794 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
He did, however, seem to get tackled by the "turf monster" on a couple runs.
Or as a PA announcer from my hometown used to say, "tackle made by Gravity"...
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #12
HTX Smack Gear
Rookie

Where can I read Foster's poetry online? Need some inspiration over here...

DALLAS HATER SHIRTS; GET READY FOR THE GAME!
HTX Smack Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #13
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 288222 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansBull View Post
I dont know if this has been posted so merge delete or whatever.

Peter King says Arian told him-

"...and as he told me after the game, the most important two of happened on fourth-and-one, 10 minutes left in the third quarter, with the Texans hanging on to a 13-10 lead. "I looked each one of my linemen in the eyes and said, 'This is the play that's going to define us,' '' Foster said. Right tackle Eric Winston and tight end Owen Daniels got good seal blocks, Foster made two yards, and Houston finished the 15-play drive with a touchdown."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz0zRkIgQZA

Leadership. That says it all and pretty much what type of player he is. Just speechless. I hope he has a long career ahead with the Texans.
The kid threw down a challenge to his teammates and they stepped up.

We may be ready.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #14
TheMatrix31
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79206 TheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respectedTheMatrix31 is a quality contributor and well respected

What a bad ass quote.

I, too, made a mental comparison to Terrell Davis. Same bit of style, same influences, smart.

Let's hope he can continue. I freakin' LOVE that leadership.
TheMatrix31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #15
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTX Smack Gear View Post
Where can I read Foster's poetry online? Need some inspiration over here...
closest you'll get for now is his twitter.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read