Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-13-2010   #1
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Collie's Fumble

I'm just trying to clear this up a bit. Everyone's saying Pollard caused the fumble. Heck, it's even in the stats. When I saw the replay I was under the assumption Wilson caused the fumble by side-swiping the ball out with his shoulder pads.

Did anyone else see what I saw? I still kinda think it was Wilson, but everything I'm reading is making me begin to doubt myself.

Here's a reply. What do y'all think?

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201009...xans#tab:watch
Old 09-13-2010   #2
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12794 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Collie's Fumble

It's really hard to tell -- it looks like the convergence of the two defenders popped it out and you really can't see where.

I love watching these highlights of Foster running and keeping an eye on #44 blasting Colts out of his way.
ziggy29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #3
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I'm just trying to clear this up a bit. Everyone's saying Pollard caused the fumble. Heck, it's even in the stats. When I saw the replay I was under the assumption Wilson caused the fumble by side-swiping the ball out with his shoulder pads.

Did anyone else see what I saw? I still kinda think it was Wilson, but everything I'm reading is making me begin to doubt myself.

Here's a reply. What do y'all think?

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201009...xans#tab:watch
Good catch man!!

I definitely thought it was Pollard due to the big hit, but you are correct. It is actually Wilson that causes the fumble. When they show the replay, you can see that after Pollard's hit, Collie still has complete control of the ball. It is Wilson's hit on his right side that jars the ball loose. Wilson's shoulder actually catches the ball and pops it out.

Very good observation and rep your way.
Old 09-13-2010   #4
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 129410 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

When I am watching it, it looks like Pollard hits him first and is trying to strip the ball. When Wilson hits him, it comes out. I would have to credit both, but I think Pollard was mainly responsible.

I am watching on rewind

Link
Brain Cushing
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #5
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

No, I thought that at first too. I actually think Wilson completely misses him on the play, hits Pollard instead. Pollard definitely strips the ball out. Keep watching the highlight, they replay it showing it from the endzone camera. Really really tought to tell. Edit - It does look like Wilson's shoulder pad could have helped out but I would still credit Pollard with causing the fumble.
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #6
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw it as Wilson knocking it loose and I believe the commentators mention it. I had radio on due to being outside but the monitor showed Wilson as the "culprit". He is giving Pollard a good backfield team mate which should really help our youngsters @ CB.
Old 09-13-2010   #7
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
No, I thought that at first too. I actually think Wilson completely misses him on the play. Pollard definitely strips the ball out. Keep watching the highlight, they replay it showing it from the endzone camera.
Re-watch the replay from the end zone camera. I'm telling you after Pollard lays into him, Collie still has complete control of the ball. It is after Wilson hits him and luckily gets his shoulder on the ball that the ball pops out.
Sponsored links
Old 09-13-2010   #8
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought it was Wilson that caused the fumble but saw that Pollard got the FF. I'm fine with that. It was a close call.

What I didn't like is that Pollard and Wilson didn't block for Quin. They thought he was down and started celebrating when they shoulda been blocking.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #9
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

I think Wilson should have gotten credit for the strip, but if Pollard didn't knock the piss out of him it wouldn't have happened in the first place.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #10
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12794 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No, I thought that at first too. I actually think Wilson completely misses him on the play. Pollard definitely strips the ball out. Keep watching the highlight, they replay it showing it from the endzone camera.
It looks like Pollard may have already been working the ball loose, but the hit from Wilson (and it looks to me like there was contact) may have helped to finish popping it right out.
ziggy29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #11
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
It looks like Pollard may have already been working the ball loose, but the hit from Wilson (and it looks to me like there was contact) may have helped to finish popping it right out.
That's what I thought I saw.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #12
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
No, I thought that at first too. I actually think Wilson completely misses him on the play, hits Pollard instead. Pollard definitely strips the ball out. Keep watching the highlight, they replay it showing it from the endzone camera.
I agree with OMT. You can see Pollards arm come up like he was stripping the ball after he made the hit
Old 09-13-2010   #13
Ckw

Correction. I am now changing my vote after watching it a few more times. It is Pollard on the backside that causes the fumble. He absolutely nails Collie then comes up from behind and yanks the ball out.

Absolutely superb play by Pollard. This is why that guy is so valuable. Very smart, tough play.
Old 09-13-2010   #14
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 129410 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Again, I think it took the both of them. Pollard has his hand on the ball and is trying to strip, and then Wilson comes along and gives a bit of help.
Brain Cushing
JB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #15
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Re-watch the replay from the end zone camera. I'm telling you after Pollard lays into him, Collie still has complete control of the ball. It is after Wilson hits him and luckily gets his shoulder on the ball that the ball pops out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy29 View Post
That's what I see. It wasn't the initial hit from Pollard that causes it, but that he was stripping the ball out. You can see Pollards right arm fly back and the ball come out, it's simultaneous with Wilson's hit too. Regardless, it's boom-boom and a great play all around. I'll put it this way, if the play was under review, there wouldn't be enough to overturn giving Pollard the credit to give it to Wilson. LOL
Old 09-13-2010   #16
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

6 in one hand, half dozen in the other.... does it much matter... ball came out !! Great hit either way !
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #17
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

I thought Pollard caused it from the view in the Bullpen, but I may be incorrect.

One thing is for sure, the pads cracked hard on that hit and was very audible from the seats.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #18
Ckw

Quote:
That's what I see. It wasn't the initial hit from Pollard that causes it, but that he was stripping the ball out. You can see Pollards right arm fly back and the ball come out, it's simultaneous with Wilson's hit too. Regardless, it's boom-boom and a great play all around. I'll put it this way, if the play was under review, there wouldn't be enough to overturn giving Pollard the credit to give it to Wilson. LOL
Agreed. As soon as I made that post to you, I decided to take my own advice and watch it a few more times and saw exactly what you are describing. I missed it the first few times as I was focusing so much on Wilson, but you can see in the replay that neither of the "big" hits caused the fumble. The fumble was caused by Pollard astutely getting behind Collie and stripping the ball out.
Old 09-13-2010   #19
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
Agreed. As soon as I made that post to you, I decided to take my own advice and watch it a few more times...
LOL. I've watched like 20 times now and think I see something different each time.
Old 09-13-2010   #20
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
LOL. I've watched like 20 times now and think I see something different each time.
Yeah, me too. Maybe we'll give them each a .5 FF.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read