Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-13-2010   #1
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected
Default This will make you smile...

I was curious how "Pay Me Rick" fared in Atlanta after seeing him absolutely give up on a potential TD saving tackle in OT. This is from the Falcons message board:

"Dunta looked like he got overpaid by about 40 mil, but at least the Falcons seem to have a deep secondary, even if Dunta is the third best CB on the team. "

http://life.atlantafalcons.com/topic...truth-to-face/
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #2
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81206 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: This will make you smile...

CBS sports said last week that Atlanta would beat the Saints just because they had Dunta
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #3
BIG TORO 
TERADACTYL #23

Section: Bull Pen!
Rep Power: 17946 BIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respectedBIG TORO is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm Happy!

Sig Courtesy of False Start
BIG TORO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #4
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Personally I liked him when he was here. There was a point when he was the BEST most consistent player on the defense.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #5
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
Personally I liked him when he was here. There was a point when he was the BEST most consistent player on the defense.
When? His second season? No way you could mean his rookie year nor could you mean his third year because from that point forward to this day, that award goes to Demeco Ryans. No one on this team brings it game after game like Demeco.

Dunta is getting what he deserves, and I hope Atlanta gives him hell.
Old 09-13-2010   #6
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
Yeah, other than the shoe thing, I've never had a problem with Dunta. I think he could've been a really good CB if it weren't for the injury. We don't play the Falcons so I wish him well.
Old 09-13-2010   #7
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
Yeah, other than the shoe thing, I've never had a problem with Dunta. I think he could've been a really good CB if it weren't for the injury. We don't play the Falcons so I wish him well.
yeah pretty much my feelings also.
Old 09-13-2010   #8
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 202592 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
That's pretty much where I'm at with it.

Although I was getting pretty tired of every analyst in the world saying that our defensive backfield was now a total void since Dunta left and it was starting to make me want Dunta to Epic Fail. But I'm over it.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
When? His second season? No way you could mean his rookie year nor could you mean his third year because from that point forward to this day, that award goes to Demeco Ryans. No one on this team brings it game after game like Demeco.

Dunta is getting what he deserves, and I hope Atlanta gives him hell.
In 2006, 2007, I was saying get the man some help. Get us a DL, & some LBs that can stop the run, so Dunta could cover receivers.

Mario & Demeco (2006)& Diles (in 2007) answered that call.

Dunta got hurt, but was looking bad as a cover corner IMHO.

I loved that little son of a gun for about 4 years, and was the only reason to watch the Texans IMHO (him and DD that is). The pay-me-Rick crap didn't bother me. Thinking he deserved more than they offered him did. I was shocked when I heard what they offered.
Old 09-13-2010   #10
texanhead08
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11275 texanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanhead08 is a quality contributor and well respected

Deion Sanders was really high on our DB's play in yesterdays game.
texanhead08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #11
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

That injury probably ruined Dunta's career and he probably didn't want to admit that to himself.

When he came back he missed tackles that he used to make, and his coverage skills had taken a step back.

I would have like to see him stay personally, but not for the money that he wanted. He's just not as good as he thought he was anymore.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #12
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
That injury probably ruined Dunta's career and he probably didn't want to admit that to himself.

When he came back he missed tackles that he used to make, and his coverage skills had taken a step back.

I would have like to see him stay personally, but not for the money that he wanted. He's just not as good as he thought he was anymore.
That's pretty much how I felt about it.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #13
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88648 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't see why anyone should be "happy" about Dunta struggling. He really annoyed me over the last two years with his mouth and some of his actions, but for many years he was one of our best players that always gave his all. So things didn't go so smoothly with negotiations with him, so what. Get over it. We have moved on as a franchise and he has moved on as a player. These threads started up just to bash him are just childish and need to stop.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by texecutioner View Post
...but for many years he was one of our best players that always gave his all.
120%
Old 09-14-2010   #15
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I don't see why anyone should be "happy" about Dunta struggling. He really annoyed me over the last two years with his mouth and some of his actions, but for many years he was one of our best players that always gave his all. So things didn't go so smoothly with negotiations with him, so what. Get over it. We have moved on as a franchise and he has moved on as a player. These threads started up just to bash him are just childish and need to stop.
Something we can agree on.

He was always one of my favorite players when he was here and was a bright spot in some bad seasons.

It was time for him to go but he will always have a special place to me when he was in a Texans uniform.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010   #16
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
I'm just happy to hear that Rick Smith made the right decision in letting him walk. If he was sandbagging us last year with his play because he didn't care, and then turned into Darrelle Revis in Atlanta, I would be upset that they didn't pay him.

I'm not really interested in bashing him, but I do like the fan perspective on his play. ESPN writers seems to think signing him will get the Falcons to the NFC championship...
Old 09-14-2010   #17
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 62987 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
If he was sandbagging us last year with his play because he didn't care, and then turned into Darrelle Revis in Atlanta, I would be upset that they didn't pay him.
Because when you find out the player was sandbagging you because he didn't care, of course you're upset at your team for not giving him a bunch of money.

Old 09-14-2010   #18
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 77871 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionTexan View Post
Because when you find out the player was sandbagging you because he didn't care, of course you're upset at your team for not giving him a bunch of money.

Ditto! {The McNuggets are BOLDED!}

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010   #19
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected

The Falcons overpaid for Robinson....

Water is wet.....

Sky is blue.....

Rice is bland....
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010   #20
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 33629 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
The Falcons overpaid for Robinson....

Water is wet.....

Sky is blue.....

Rice is bland....
Have you never had jasmine rice?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read