Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 09-13-2010   #1
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Female reporter: Jets made me 'very uncomfortable'

Interesting stuff. So apparently you bring a female reporter around a bunch of athletes and they act inappropriately? Who knew?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

So "Woody Johnson" the Jets owner (I can't make fun of that, it's just too easy) says he expects all of his players to act in a professional manner. I hear he's bringing in a man of the cloth to help them control themselves.

I just looked this woman up on Google (I worked 32 hours this weekend on an Exchange server so I might be a little behind the news) and I think I just became the proud owner of a "Woody Johnson". This post ends now before it has to find it's way to the Babe of the Day Thread.
Old 09-13-2010   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139057 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Female reporter: Jets made me 'very uncomfortable'

Understood. Ines Sainz is that damn HOT!!!
Old 09-13-2010   #3
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Pics of the reporter:

Old 09-13-2010   #4
Dan B.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68181 Dan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respectedDan B. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Not to mention she advertises herself as "the world's hottest sports reporter." I have a really difficult time believing she was treated any ruder in the NYJ locker room that at a typical Mexican soccer game.
Dan B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #5
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
lord almighty.
Old 09-13-2010   #6
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1158 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
nice butt, nice shape...average to below average looks...but with a body like that she doesn't have beauty queen looks.
ubecool454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #7
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 139057 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan B. View Post
Not to mention she advertises herself as "the world's hottest sports reporter." I have a really difficult time believing she was treated any ruder in the NYJ locker room that at a typical Mexican soccer game.
Very good point.
Old 09-13-2010   #8
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114971 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

Her body is ridiculous

But...

Who wouldn't be uncomfortable around the greatness of the Sanchise?
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #9
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe it's just the picture, but she looks old in the first one. Like 35, had facelift/botox and I'm trying to look 25 kind of old.
Old 09-13-2010   #10
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 320620 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Maybe it's just the picture, but she looks old in the first one. Like 35, had facelift/botox and I'm trying to look 25 kind of old.
As a 48 year old man, I'm OK with that.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #11
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
As a 48 year old man, I'm OK with that.
Seconded. I'm 45 and I can't think of a single thing to complain about here.
Old 09-13-2010   #12
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30021 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan View Post
Pics of the reporter:

nom nom nom
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 370555 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
"Thanks to everyone for their support and concern!" Sainz tweeted Monday. "I already spoke to the NFL and it will be up to them to decide whether or not there will be consequences!!"
What - exactly - happened to her? This little smug tweet by this tart just rubs me the wrong way. It's just so...arrogant and smarmy.

She's a hot female in a male locker room. She cannot compare freakin' soccer players to NFL players. It's just not even close to the same athlete. Soccer players are, like, soft and all, rolling around on the field after getting tripped. NFL players are trained grizzly bears, some like sharks, and others like killer whales. They eat bowls of nails and slam heads into lockers. Soccer player is waiting for his juice box and orange slices. [/sarcasm]

All joking aside, I'd really like to know what she's whining about and what did she expect. I'm not justifying any particular behavior, especially without details, but jeesh, the football locker room is awash in testosterone, gasoline, and napalm. Let's not turn the last bastion of male fury into a Build-a-Bear with roasting marshmallows and rounds of Kum-By-Yah.

Why did she have to be inside the locker room? Why can't the team just have a press room where reporters wait for their subject to be interviewed? Is she really upset because they threw a ball around her?
Old 09-13-2010   #14
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.djmick.co.uk/gallery18/ines_sainz_gallo.htm

A high quality gallery of the Mexican sports reporter Ines Sainz Gallo. Before entering the world of sports Ines studied Law at the University of the Valley of Mexico in Querétaro and achieved a Masters Degree. After leaving university she opted for TV presenting instead of law. At The World Cup in Germany 2006 she became very popular with male viewers and sports stars due to her sexy outfits and flirtatious interview techniques. She currently presents Dxtips every Sunday on the Mexican station Aztec 7.

While there is a line that dudes should not cross, but if she is using her looks and attitude to further her career then she problem should expect more borderline stuff than say Shelley Smith.
Old 09-13-2010   #15
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 72911 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I generally come to the defense of women in situations where guys use the "we can't help it excuse" but:

1) She obviously uses her sex appeal for her benefit
2) She is known to be flirtatious
3) Nothing actually happened? She just said she was uncomfortable?

She needs to stfu and go away.

Its like when a woman wears a very low cut shirt with her cleavage all exposed and then gets mad when you notice.
Old 09-13-2010   #16
ziggy29
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12794 ziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respectedziggy29 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonTexan View Post
While there is a line that dudes should not cross, but if she is using her looks and attitude to further her career then she problem should expect more borderline stuff than say Shelley Smith.
QFT. I'm generally not one who "blames the victim" because of how they dress, but really, if you are *trying* to build your career based on looking like a sex object, why would you be surprised when you are treated like one?

Obviously that would never excuse sexual assault, but if you dress to be noticed, well, don't complain because you were noticed...
ziggy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #17
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
What - exactly - happened to her? This little smug tweet by this tart just rubs me the wrong way. It's just so...arrogant and smarmy.

She's a hot female in a male locker room. She cannot compare freakin' soccer players to NFL players. It's just not even close to the same athlete. Soccer players are, like, soft and all, rolling around on the field after getting tripped. NFL players are trained grizzly bears, some like sharks, and others like killer whales. They eat bowls of nails and slam heads into lockers. Soccer player is waiting for his juice box and orange slices. [/sarcasm]

All joking aside, I'd really like to know what she's whining about and what did she expect. I'm not justifying any particular behavior, especially without details, but jeesh, the football locker room is awash in testosterone, gasoline, and napalm. Let's not turn the last bastion of male fury into a Build-a-Bear with roasting marshmallows and rounds of Kum-By-Yah.

Why did she have to be inside the locker room? Why can't the team just have a press room where reporters wait for their subject to be interviewed? Is she really upset because they threw a ball around her?
See what Anita Martini started??
Old 09-13-2010   #18
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 370555 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

hmmmm....it appears that the whining came from other members of the media, not necessarily from Ines Sainz.

Here's the CNN version:

Quote:
New York Jets kick off season facing harassment claim <---link

Sainz, being her own Monday morning quarterback, addressed the concerns in an interview with a TV Azteca reporter, saying while she was embarrassed, she didn't realize it was going to become that big of a deal.

Sainz told her colleague that she did notice that footballs were being thrown her way but, “to be quite honest, it didn’t bother me… I took it as a joke, and none of the footballs actually hit me.”

“It was definitely a joking tone, very amicable," Sainz said, regarding the tone Sanchez had with her. “I wasn’t offended.”

But she did say in the interview that she didn't hear everything said about her - and apparently several other members of the media took the interactions much more seriously. She added perhaps they heard something she hadn't.

“I was surprised to wake up on Sunday and have a call from the NFL , saying that they wanted to talk to me about what had happened at the Jets; and I asked… what happened?" Sainz told TV Azteca. "And they said well there is a pretty powerful accusation of harassment and then it was at that point I realized the magnitude of what had happened. “

The NFL says it’s investigating and The Association for Women in Sports Media says the Jets and the league have been responsive to their concerns. They also say on their website that they plan to hold an educational session for the Jets this week or next.
Could a member of the media from say, Baltimore, have started this "controversy"?

Looks like the NFL is just CYA right now, especially with the mighty Association for Women in Sports Media on this story. Can't upset the sponsors now, can we?...
Old 09-13-2010   #19
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Is it harassment if they don't say it directly towards her?

Or is it gossip and hearsay?

Like if I work in an office and me and one of my male co-workers are in the lunch room casually talking and I say "damn, Sally is fine...I'd do her"...But I never actually act on my feelings in any situation pertaining to the work place...

Is that harassment?

Last edited by Rey; 09-13-2010 at 05:49 PM.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #20
MojoMan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11949 MojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respectedMojoMan is a quality contributor and well respected

She didn't even know there was an issue until someone called her to bring it to her attention.

Political Correctness run amok, episode # 12,967,598.
MojoMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read