Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-13-2010   #1
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149260 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Rackers...DAMN!

You know the tone for your season has been set when your KICKER gets a "roughness" penalty! DAMN! Dare I dream that the "House of Pain" is being resurrected? Texans to the NFL..."It's on."
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #2
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 162338 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Rackers...DAMN!

I was thumbing through the 1st half photos BullPen posted and the guy was all about making a tackle. So much for playing safety on kickoffs, Rackers has to have him some...lol.
Old 09-13-2010   #3
JWarren14
Beer Me

Section: 516 Row B
Rep Power: 844 JWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respectedJWarren14 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to JWarren14

Hope he doesn't hurt himself, but I am all about our kicker taking care of business!
Old 09-13-2010   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Rackers ticked me off. He needs to be back there. On that last Kickoff the returner was in good postion to run it back if not for us catching up to him.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #5
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Rackers...DAMN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
Rackers ticked me off. He needs to be back there. On that last Kickoff the returner was in good postion to run it back if not for us catching up to him.
And while his fire is great, we need him to not get hurt - as a kicker you heard ball carriers and only tackle to save a TD.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #6
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Rackers ALWAYS balls out on kickoffs. It's what he DOES.
I'm sure Coach Joe knows that about him.
Old 09-13-2010   #7
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 265163 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

When Kubiak said that Rackers won the job because of kickoffs, I don't think he was talking about the flight distance. Rackers was in on a forced fumble in preseason, made a couple tackles on kickoffs, and consistently tries to make plays there. Rackers is not just a kicker, he's a ST player.

Yesterday, Rackers got credited with a tackle on one of the kickoffs as well. You can see it in the broadcast, and it's in the official play-by-play. He made the tackle about the 22 or 24 yard line of the opponent. And I think it was Adibi he beat to the tackle.
Old 09-13-2010   #8
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149260 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice to know that when playing the Texans return guys can say "One man to beat and it's the kicker! Touchdown baby!" With Rackers back there...you have to earn it. The NFL needs MORE kickers with balls.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Old 09-13-2010   #9
hobie
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 5549 hobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respectedhobie is a quality contributor and well respected

Just seems to me during this preseason and then yesterday, the kicker has gotten the tackle... I'm thinking this is more a ST problem than the kicker having balls to get in there... if Joe is so good at his skill, then he better get to getting his players on the same page, as the coverage team looks like it needs a little more work.....
hobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #10
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38102 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobie View Post
Just seems to me during this preseason and then yesterday, the kicker has gotten the tackle... I'm thinking this is more a ST problem than the kicker having balls to get in there... if Joe is so good at his skill, then he better get to getting his players on the same page, as the coverage team looks like it needs a little more work.....
That would be the case for a lot of kickers, but JUST WATCH RACKERS.
Dude CHARGES AT THE PILE while kicking off. He's almost like a 3rd gunner.
Old 09-13-2010   #11
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 181199 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head View Post
You know the tone for your season has been set when your KICKER gets a "roughness" penalty! DAMN! Dare I dream that the "House of Pain" is being resurrected? Texans to the NFL..."It's on."
I am going with House of Domination!
Old 09-13-2010   #12
Vinnie
with an I E

Section: 506, best section in the 500's!
Rep Power: 12626 Vinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respectedVinnie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
And while his fire is great, we need him to not get hurt - as a kicker you heard ball carriers and only tackle to save a TD.
Well, if he does I've heard there's another kicker out there available. Just don't expect him to make many tackles. Except in preseason.
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #13
Dutchrudder 
COOL BEANS!

Section: Fort Kickass
Rep Power: 150980 Dutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respectedDutchrudder is a quality contributor and well respected

Anyone have a link to the kickoff where he was called for roughness?
Old 09-13-2010   #14
JB
Old Curmudgeon

Rep Power: 88827 JB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respectedJB is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Anyone have a link to the kickoff where he was called for roughness?
Try this one
Old 09-14-2010   #15
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

IF the KICKER is getting PHYSICAL everyone else BETTER step up his game!
Old 09-14-2010   #16
jjjezebel
ĦAy, caramba!

Section: Section 116, seats 15-17
Rep Power: 11836 jjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respected

Andy told me he heard from someone that Rackers came away with one of the Colts player's dreadlocks. He saw him holding it and looking at it like he didn't know what to do with it. I think that's what led to the roughness call.

Can't recall the player's name though.
jjjezebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010   #17
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Rep Power: 162338 Showtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respectedShowtime100 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjjezebel View Post
From what Andy told me saw through his viewfinder, Rackers came away with one of the Colts player's dreadlocks. He saw him holding it and looking at it like he didn't know what to do with it. I think that's what led to the roughness call.

I don't think that alone would warrant a flag. I could be wrong, but it's my understanding dreadlocks are not off limits when bringing a player down. It maybe an unwritten rule, just not in ink.
Old 09-14-2010   #18
jjjezebel
ĦAy, caramba!

Section: Section 116, seats 15-17
Rep Power: 11836 jjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respectedjjjezebel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime100 View Post
I don't think that alone would warrant a flag. I could be wrong, but it's my understanding dreadlocks are not off limits when bringing a player down. It maybe an unwritten rule, just not in ink.
Yeah, I know hair is up for grabs (literally) if it's hanging outside the helmet, and that these guys wear it long at their own risk, but I found the visual rather humorous.
jjjezebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010   #19
Showtime100
Got AJ?

Quote:
Yeah, I know hair is up for grabs (literally) if it's hanging outside the helmet, and that these guys wear it long at their own risk, but I found the visual rather humorous.
Lol. Agreed. I'm still waiting on a highlight for the ages showing that very thing.
Old 09-14-2010   #20
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Andy told me he heard from someone that Rackers came away with one of the Colts player's dreadlocks. He saw him holding it and looking at it like he didn't know what to do with it. I think that's what led to the roughness call.

Now that would be a pic to have!! FUNNY sheeeeet!!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read