Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-13-2010   #1
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Andre Johnson

"as long as we win, i'm OK with it" ... in response to potentially lower stats with a strong run game.

is there a major receiver in the past 20 years that you wouldnt outright laugh at if they made that statement?

andre johnson is the best receiver in the NFL because of what he does in the passing game. he's in a league of his own because he's entirely committed to that statement, as we saw today. if andre needs 1500 yards to help the texans win, that's what he'll do. if he needs 400 yards and lowering the boom on linebackers, that's what he'll do. it's about dang time that the nation woke up to AJ's talent, but i dont think they'll ever know how great he really is.

let's get that man into the playoffs so the world can see the humble, team first, and completely unstoppable monster that we call Andre Johnson. the goal for the Texans is the playoffs, not because anyone's selling themselves short, but because anyone with a lick of sense will get out of AJ's way when he cranks it to that playoff level.

edit: scoot's had a couple (is 20 a couple?) bourbons.
Old 09-13-2010   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre Johnson

Meh, he only had like 33 yds. today. The guy sucks.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #3
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 6498 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't like his attitude. Put him on the bench and see if he'll start acting like a primadonna. :-P
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #4
DexmanC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34619 DexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respectedDexmanC is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Andre "[B]Willie Reed[/B]" Johnson

I honestly believe he re-ignited the entire team with his post-injury
performance. Hopped to the locker room, drank some Battle Red
Kool-Aid, and came out to rescue his team. Good game. Way
for the players to bail out their coach.
Old 09-19-2010   #5
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 78537 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Andre "[B]Willie Reed[/B]" Johnson

andre johnson on 1 leg >>>>>>>>>>> all other receivers.
Old 09-19-2010   #6
Playmaker
Veteran

Rep Power: 244 Playmaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respectedPlaymaker is a quality contributor and well respected

The only problem with that comparison is that AJ actually had a tangible hand in the comeback. Without that jumpball TD, we were toast.

Willis Reed showed up, hit a few shots then went to the bench.
Playmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #7
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

that catch was cards-esque. just a beast
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-19-2010   #8
Pollardized
Division Champ

Rep Power: 59836 Pollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respectedPollardized is a quality contributor and well respected

Rumor has it Andre ran in the locker room and drank some milk. It's Cush approved!
Pollardized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #9
sbalderrama
Rookie

Rep Power: 96 sbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respectedsbalderrama is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre is a bad bad man.
sbalderrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #10
pbat488
gig 'em

Rep Power: 11189 pbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respectedpbat488 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Andre Johnson

... deserves a thread of his own. He put this team on his back and willed us to victory. I want the Texans to make the playoffs and win the Super Bowl not so I can enjoy it, but rather so AJ (and the other guys!) can finally receive the recognition and accolades he so unquestionably deserves.

Thank you for being your humble, hard-working, dominant, and inspiring self. You are a leader in every sense of the word. Thank you #80.
pbat488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #11
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 3834 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected

that guy is pretty good.
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #12
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1298 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

just... wow.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #13
TexCanada
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6655 TexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respectedTexCanada is a quality contributor and well respected

Andre was completely dominant today. Beautiful to watch. His sidekick KW was also pretty damn good.
TexCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #14
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

i have a man crush on aj
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #15
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

I gotta put this out there....

Every time I watch the Texans, AJ makes an unbelievable catch. I can't help myself, saying clearly and out loud, "Andre Mother F...ing Johnson. Best WR EVER!!!!".

Either I gotta problem or my blood runs BATTLE RED! Regardless, Andre Mother F....ing Johnson! Epic mancrush.
Old 09-19-2010   #16
Jackie Chiles
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9610 Jackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respectedJackie Chiles is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...e=HP_headlines

"They came and told me he was done. He had a pretty good ankle (injury). I think we were down by seven and they were fixing to kick a field goal at that time, so it didn't look good. We block the field goal. He had them re-tape him. He walked over to me and said 'I'm playing,"' Texans coach Gary Kubiak said. "He tells me he's playing, he's playing."

I hope he is really enjoying this success right now, no one deserves it more than him. I'll echo the earlier thoughts, its great to be able to literally be happier for that guy and the others on this team than you are for yourself. Are you kidding me with that catch? That's two 4th downs that wind up getting us a win (Miami).
Old 09-19-2010   #17
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
i have a man crush on aj
hey, thats my sig!
Old 09-19-2010   #18
jaayteetx
Hall of Fame

Section: 623
Rep Power: 25091 jaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respectedjaayteetx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
I gotta put this out there....

Every time I watch the Texans, AJ makes an unbelievable catch. I can't help myself, saying clearly and out loud, "Andre Mother F...ing Johnson. Best WR EVER!!!!".

Either I gotta problem or my blood runs BATTLE RED! Regardless, Andre Mother F....ing Johnson! Epic mancrush.
Hey, thats what I say! Actually, I say Andre the Mother f...ing man Johnson!!
Old 09-19-2010   #19
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1892 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

#80 is now a legend in my book.

He is beyond being the best in the league.
wagonhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010   #20
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

In regards to his ankle injury, he's going to have an MRI done tomorrow. Andre said that, he doesn't think its too bad. But we'll have to wait and see what "too bad" is. Hopefully, nothing that few days rest and some treatment can't fix. That guy is just a beast and would hate to loose him for the Cowboys game.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read