Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-12-2010   #1
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Arian Nation baby!!!

I am thinking of starting an Arian Foster fan club after today's 233 yard 3 touchdown performance against the Colts. Who all wants to be a part of Arian Nation?

Houston, we have a running game!!! The offensive line was opening holes today you could drive a truck through and Foster took full advantage!!!

Mario Williams had what I thought was his best game today. He was literally beating Manning like a red headed step child for all 4 quarters. Any other QB would've been sacked 4-5 times today but the hall of famer kept the Colts competitive even though he was being dropped HARD every other time he threw a pass. Peyton is tough as nails, he took a beating from # 90 today.

I am looking forward to the Texans running the South this season :-)

When Cushing gets back, things are gonna get downright violent for the rest of the NFL!!!
Old 09-12-2010   #2
PockyAF
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3089 PockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Arian Nation baby!!!

You know, I use the nickname in one of my comments in the game thread today and felt disgusting afterwards.

I can't use the nickname, since it's referring to a white supremacy gang that has done terrible things for years.

I opted to drop that nickname and pick up "Frosty" for his cold-blooded running abilities.

It's up to you guys on whether to use the former nickname or not; as for me, I'm just not comfortable using it.
PockyAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010   #3
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 28360 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm down for joining the Arian nation. Liberty white power!
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010   #4
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7874 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PockyAF View Post
You know, I use the nickname in one of my comments in the game thread today and felt disgusting afterwards.

I can't use the nickname, since it's referring to a white supremacy gang that has done terrible things for years.

I opted to drop that nickname and pick up "Frosty" for his cold-blooded running abilities.

It's up to you guys on whether to use the former nickname or not; as for me, I'm just not comfortable using it.
There is a difference between "Aryan" and "Arian".
Old 09-12-2010   #5
Miggsy
Tyrone Biggums

Rep Power: 40 Miggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yeah this name just makes me wayyyy too uncomfortable. Kind of funny but too many people will take it the wrong way. Frosty is a stretch though but I don't have any suggestions for a replacement.
Miggsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010   #6
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 49705 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010   #7
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 3834 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected

1. The guy does not fit the Aryan Nation's target demographics.
2. The guys from the Aryan Nation are complete tools who need to be made fun of.
3. It is funny.
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-12-2010   #8
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Arian Nation is a great name. It says what it's supposed to say with a great pun. Think about how pissed the Aryan Nation will be. Win Win.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010   #9
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1892 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

sigh
wagonhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010   #10
Miggsy
Tyrone Biggums

Rep Power: 40 Miggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respectedMiggsy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
True but it's close enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBill View Post
1. The guy does not fit the Aryan Nation's target demographics.
2. The guys from the Aryan Nation are complete tools who need to be made fun of.
3. It is funny.
All good points but you have to agree it could never be used in a mainstream setting. Just a texanstalk nickname at most I would think.

It would be nice to have a nickname for him that doesn't make people uncomfortable.
Old 09-12-2010   #11
Texas T
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17309 Texas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respectedTexas T is a quality contributor and well respected

We went through this after the Cowboys game...it seems that the consensus is to not use this. I get the humor and thought it was really funny but...
There were lots of other ideas out there for him and the most popular is Foster for Touchdown.
Check Herv's sig.
Texas T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010   #12
PockyAF
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3089 PockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respectedPockyAF is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why, is it Arian Nation. Why is these two names only separated by a letter. Where do you think the person who came up with this nickname got the idea from? It was referring, as a joke, to the brothers of the Ku Klux Clans.

I'm not sure what your comment was suppose to mean; if you were trying to say the creation of the nickname, Arian Nation, had nothing to do with Aryan Nation. What I said was that this name was a mock off from a white supremacy gang.

And yea, I know there is a difference between Arian and Aryan. For instance, one contains a single black member.
Old 09-12-2010   #13
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Why, is it Arian Nation. Why is these two names only separated by a letter. Where do you think the person who came up with this nickname got the idea from? It was referring, as a joke, to the brothers of the Ku Klux Clans.

I'm not sure what your comment was suppose to mean; if you were trying to say the creation of the nickname, Arian Nation, had nothing to do with Aryan Nation. What I said was that this name was a mock off from a white supremacy gang.

And yea, I know there is a difference between Arian and Aryan. For instance, one contains a single black member.

Names only have as much power as people let them. Arian Nation consists of fans of our RB!!!
Old 09-12-2010   #14
Miggsy
Tyrone Biggums

Quote:
Names only have as much power as people let them. Arian Nation consists of fans of our RB!!!
I would like to know Arian's thoughts on this nickname. If he approves (doubt it) then I'm totally on board.

Doesn't his mom post on this board sometimes? Not sure I'd like her seeing this nickname thrown around but I would like to know her thoughts on the sitch.
Old 09-12-2010   #15
PockyAF
Site Contributor

Quote:
Fair enough. I'm positive no one means any foul when they use it.

haha, yea I guess so. The fans are residents and Foster is president.
Old 09-12-2010   #16
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Sometimes we need to stop taking life so seriously...

All this political correctness is making things so bland and sterile that it's driving me crazy.

Like lets say we had a BEAST of a power back (Mike Alstott type) and if his last name was "Black"....I would LMAO if everybody chanted "Black Power" every time he plowed over someone.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010   #17
Miggsy
Tyrone Biggums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Sometimes we need to stop taking life so seriously...

All this political correctness is making things so bland and sterile that it's driving me crazy.

Like lets say we had a BEAST of a power back (Mike Alstott type) and if his last name was "Black"....I would LMAO if everybody chanted "Black Power" every time he plowed over someone.
We can joke around about this stuff on message boards all we want it's just that if this became mainstream (posters and whatnot at games with Arian Nation sprawled across them) it could make our fan base look bad to more than a few people. It's funny if everyone is in on the joke though and that's why I'd like to know Arian's thoughts on it.
Old 09-12-2010   #18
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Rep Power: 1892 wagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respectedwagonhed is a quality contributor and well respected

Just a stupid idea. Why not think of a different name? Everyone else has a nickname that isn't a play off a white supremacy group.

If it's not something you would say in public, don't say it here. And if you would say that in public, you should probably stay at home.
Old 09-12-2010   #19
wagonhed
Team Gruden

Also, I don't understand how it's funny at all. Where's the joke?

I'm glad we don't have someone named Reich on the team so people don't "joke" about starting a Third Reich fanclub.
Old 09-12-2010   #20
JamesBill
Veteran

Rep Power: 3834 JamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respectedJamesBill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonhed View Post
Just a stupid idea. Why not think of a different name? Everyone else has a nickname that isn't a play off a white supremacy group.

If it's not something you would say in public, don't say it here. And if you would say that in public, you should probably stay at home.
I am glad Pollard didn't stay at home. This is football, making fun of some Nazi losers is not a big deal.
JamesBill is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read