Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-12-2010   #1
TimeKiller
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Location: This giant tree, standing 10,000 ft. high but not reaching the ground. It's roots must hold the sky.
Section: 521/Couch
Rep Power: 0 TimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respectedTimeKiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Colts Review

-Foster might not just be a decent option. Foster might be FOR REAL. Like....for real. Sees the hole, decent burst and usually makes at least one cut for 5+ yards. Always tries to spin over a defender for another yard. Just beast mode today, game ball for sure.

-Schaub looked shaky in the pocket, not sure if it was confidence throwing or OL protection but if it weren't for the run attack I don't know if I believe the pass would've saved the day.

-Vonta Leach is a baaaaaaad man.

/

-Pass rush seemed capable, kept Peyton firing quick slants and dink/dunk b.s. passes. Mario looked good.

-D without Cush performed well. Losing Barwin is going to hurt, he provided a lot of confusion, x=factor if you will. Don't know if Schobel is interested but I bet 2 mil isn't a stopping point. Wilson...kind of losing his impact.

-Long day for D but they grinded and overall you gotta respect the effort and the results and not get too caught up trying to find something to complain about. They beat up Peyton. rejoice.
TimeKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010   #2
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Colts Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeKiller View Post
-Schaub looked shaky in the pocket, not sure if it was confidence throwing or OL protection but if it weren't for the run attack I don't know if I believe the pass would've saved the day.
That was the one week spot that I saw but I think it was more about the protection then on Schaub. Freeney abused Duane Brown more then once today.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010   #3
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, I think the pass pressure was giving Schaub a little bit of the jitters; but, I also think he didn't pass enough to really get in a groove.

Freeney may have outgunned Brown on pass plays, but Brown spent most of the game shoving him around on run plays.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010   #4
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 17572 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Yeah Schaub didn't look very comfortable out there today, but he'll be aight. I counted 4 of his passes being dropped, but it might have been more, however some of his passes weren't that sharp either.

Not concerned with stats as long as we get Ws, but those will come easily.
Old 09-12-2010   #5
BullNation4Life
Hall of Fame

Section: Living Room 77429
Rep Power: 70825 BullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respectedBullNation4Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Yeah Schaub didn't look very comfortable out there today, but he'll be aight. I counted 4 of his passes being dropped, but it might have been more, however some of his passes weren't that sharp either.

Not concerned with stats as long as we get Ws, but those will come easily.
Freaking Jacoby Jones need to quit letting the ball get into his body and bouncing up in the air. He dropped a sure TD on the first drive and let one ball bounce about 20 ft in the air...

Ohhh, uh oh, it's FitzMagic!....
BullNation4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #6
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullNation4Life View Post
Freaking Jacoby Jones need to quit letting the ball get into his body and bouncing up in the air. He dropped a sure TD on the first drive and let one ball bounce about 20 ft in the air...
Yeah, he looked spotty.
Old 09-13-2010   #7
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

I would say that the WR had just as much to do with is Schaub did. Schaub threw some catchable balls and underthrew others. The receivers dropped some passes that should have been caught. Matt Schaub also didn't see a wide open OD on at least 3 plays I've seen on watching the replay of the game.
I don't think it's an issue though. Schaub has shown that he can throw the ball well. He will get his chances this year.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-13-2010   #8
burro
almost sentient

Section: on the couch, praying for a broadcast
Rep Power: 5047 burro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respectedburro is a quality contributor and well respected

Schaub had a bit of an off day. It seemed like he was having a hard time getting enough zip on the ball. I think he'll recover, he has to if this team is going to continue to win games. No one is going to underestimate our running game again and that means we need the pass to be there.

One thing that does bother me with Schaub is his on field demeanor. Whenever he makes a mistake he looks sullen and like he lacks confidence, he sort of reminds me of the grump guy from Everybody Loves Raymond. It doesn't inspire a lot of confidence.
burro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010   #9
hradhak
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7351 hradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respectedhradhak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by burro View Post
Schaub had a bit of an off day. It seemed like he was having a hard time getting enough zip on the ball. I think he'll recover, he has to if this team is going to continue to win games. No one is going to underestimate our running game again and that means we need the pass to be there.

One thing that does bother me with Schaub is his on field demeanor. Whenever he makes a mistake he looks sullen and like he lacks confidence, he sort of reminds me of the grump guy from Everybody Loves Raymond. It doesn't inspire a lot of confidence.
He does, but I think he mans up on the sideline. After the Colts scored a TD on the ensuing drive after his pick, Schaub went out and met the defense saying my bad.
hradhak is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read